Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2007
1593 posts
102 upvotes

InfoProtector (Visa)

I am not sure if all Visa offers this but they offered me free of charge for 1 month that was when I had my RBC Classic II but now I have the Infinite Avion. Which seems like more security on it.

Do you think its worth to get the InfoProtector for like $12/mth? I check my account every other day just to see whats going on.
5 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
15924 posts
1276 upvotes
GTA West
Absolutely not, I think this is just a high profit margin service they are offering and pushing really hard because they make tonnes of money on it.

IMO, this is on the same level as the rip-off car stealership rustproofing, paint protection, etc.

No thanks. If your wallet gets stolen or something, just phone up the companies yourself.
- Not Collecting AIR MILES Since 2016/07 -
- Casual Gastronomist -
Aug 9, 2008
2 posts
1 upvote
BRAISKI wrote:
Dec 30th, 2009 10:12 am
I am not sure if all Visa offers this but they offered me free of charge for 1 month that was when I had my RBC Classic II but now I have the Infinite Avion. Which seems like more security on it.

Do you think its worth to get the InfoProtector for like $12/mth? I check my account every other day just to see whats going on.
definitely *not*. I just cancelled mine for two reasons (1) customer service can't listen to the customers and (2) they don't really care about the security of your personal information - I was able to retrieve my password over the phone.
Dec 14, 2008
530 posts
11 upvotes
Just received a call from these guys...they were going to monitor all of the internet for my personal info for fraud. Ya...ok rbc...
Nov 17, 2010
1 posts
1 upvote
Ontario
I recently subscribed to InfoProtector because I thought it was a good deal. The very first time they charged the monthly fee to my credit card, it was charged twice,on the same day for two different amounts,with different information and phone numbers. The first appeared as: Infoprotect 8777737774 Toronto On 10.16 The second appeared as: Info Protector + 1-888-306-7947 On 11.29 As soon as I noticed this I sent them an e-mail....3 times and all 3 failed so I called and cancelled my subscription. Not what I expected. Very disappointed.
Oct 6, 2013
1 posts
I know this thread is three years old, but I want to throw in my opinion too. Run as far and fast from InfoProtector as you can! After milking my Visa for two years, I tried to cancel in June. The rude and ignorant CSR completely ignored my request to cancel. I had to keep repeating 'just cancel it', as she droned on and on, like an automaton. Low and behold, next month the charge was on my account, again. I've since filed a complaint against them with the BBB, but as of October 7th, they haven't even bothered to respond to the BBB...
× < >