Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Apple

ING DIRECT $100 Apple GC *With Thrive Acc.*+DOUBLE REFERRAL BONUS-$50 [LAST DAY]

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 20th, 2013 12:28 am
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
20055 posts
9837 upvotes
Toronto

[Apple] ING DIRECT $100 Apple GC *With Thrive Acc.*+DOUBLE REFERRAL BONUS-$50 [LAST DAY]

So as the title says, starting September, ING will be having a new promotion where existing customers will be able to get a $100 Apple Store gift card for switching over your payroll to ING. This applies to both new and existing customers

Note: You only need to have the payroll deposited once, and you can switch right back afterwards.

Might be worth waiting for those who will be getting a new iPhone 5 ;) .

Edit: December 16th 2012:...DEAL IS NOW LIVE:

The following link is for the terms and conditions of the deal only! For all those looking to apply, please start the application from the main page. You will need an orange key from a pre existing client for the bonus $50 promo, but for the $100GC promo, once you get the account set up you will see instructions on how to switch your payroll on the main account page. The $100 Gift Card Promo is automatic and you do not need to do anything other than switch your payroll to receive it.

Terms and Conditions of the $100 GC offer:
http://www.ingdirect.ca/giftcard/

If you're a new customer you can also get a $25 bonus if you have been referred by someone. The referrer also gets $25...if you need a referral...you know who to contact ;)

DEAL DETAILS:

This offer is valid for all existing and new customers. If you have an ING Thrive account already...all you need to do is Transfer your payroll to ING and you get the $100 gift card!

Full details can be found above!

Fine Print:
This Bonus is for Clients who have not received a payroll Bonus from ING DIRECT in the past.
Limit of one $100 Apple gift card payroll bonus per Client. Limit of one $100 Apple gift card per THRiVE Chequing™ Account. The gift card will be mailed to you within 30 days of the first payroll deposit. The payroll offer runs from September 1, 2012 to December 31, 2012. Payroll must be deposited by December 31, 2012. For more detail, please visit ingdirect.ca/gift.

DEAL IS VALID SEPTEMBER 1st 2012 - DECEMBER 31st 2012

UPDATE: NOVEMBER 1st

As of November 1st, ING also just announced a DOUBLE REFERRAL BONUS!! Instead of each the Referrer and the Refered getting $25 each, BOTH parties now get $50 each until December 31st!!!
Realtor (Investment Properties) - CPA, CA
662 replies
Nov 12, 2010
178 posts
35 upvotes
Montreal
Seems like you just missed the $50 signup bonus offer. I doubt if you would lose much since I have always seen the $25 offer at minimum. Might be worth $75 extra for waiting few more weeks. Good luck!

Edit: Never mind. You have until Aug 31st, to earn the double bonus, $50. **************************
Deal Guru
Jul 30, 2005
12922 posts
106506 upvotes
Richmond Hill
If I already have a Thrive account, can I open a second one and still get the bonus?
Feb 14, 2005
825 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
I'm opening an account for my wife to get the sign up bonus. I was going to open an ISA for her and then get her to open a Thrive chequing account later to get the $25 bonus. But $100 apple card may be worth the wait until September.

I already opened a Thrive account today, so I guess no Apple card for me. :(
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
20055 posts
9837 upvotes
Toronto
mundra wrote: Seems like you just missed the $50 signup bonus offer. I doubt if you would lose much since I have always seen the $25 offer at minimum. Might be worth $75 extra for waiting few more weeks. Good luck!

Edit: Never mind. You have until Aug 31st, to earn the double bonus, $50. **************************
Your $50 signup bonus is only for new customers, as I mentioned, I have an ISA account with them already.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2008
1998 posts
619 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
ok so this current $100 apple gift card isnt active anymore. It expired on Aug. 19th.

There is just the $50 referral bonus that you and your friend get if you sign up right now.

I am waiting for the apple gift card to come back before I activate my new account by sending in the check.
Banned
Jun 29, 2012
475 posts
36 upvotes
It seems a very nice deal. I want to sign up there to get $50 bonus.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2006
3481 posts
404 upvotes
Downtown Canada
Thanks, good tip!

FYI to anyone applying up for a mortgage or similar joint product who is waiting for their spouse to sign up for the Thrive 50/50 bonus: you will lose the referral, because they will no longer be considered a "new" customer in ING's eyes. The website may even throw an error during their signup process, forcing a call to their customer service dept.

Thank goodness for this backup offer!
:cool:
Mar 4, 2009
773 posts
29 upvotes
Wait...so existing customers who sign up for thrive chequing account will get 25 bucks?
Jul 19, 2011
769 posts
434 upvotes
Toronto
how is the itunes gift card a good deal? do you guys sell it for $90 on kijiji afterwards or something?
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
20055 posts
9837 upvotes
Toronto
imp wrote: Wait...so existing customers who sign up for thrive chequing account will get 25 bucks?
I was only told its a very similar promotion to the current $100 Apple gift card deal for new customers, but it will be open to new customers as well. The amount, I have not been given.
gromacs wrote: how is the itunes gift card a good deal? do you guys sell it for $90 on kijiji afterwards or something?
It's a good deal because you're getting a freebie for opening up an account most people would have anyways?
Kenny10 wrote: Does intact insurance count?
No clue what that even is lol.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
23190 posts
2327 upvotes
Singapore
Which is a better deal? The $50 sign up bonus or the $100 iTunes/Apple Store credit? If the Apple credit is the better deal, then what will I get for referring people to sign up to ING with my Orange Key?
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
3637 posts
1646 upvotes
ING used to offer $100 CASH for customers to open new thrive account...
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
20055 posts
9837 upvotes
Toronto
Sgt_Strider wrote: Which is a better deal? The $50 sign up bonus or the $100 iTunes/Apple Store credit? If the Apple credit is the better deal, then what will I get for referring people to sign up to ING with my Orange Key?
Well technically you could do both. Open an ISA account using the $50 referral sign up bonus...then when this deal comes, open up a Thrive account!
Jul 19, 2011
769 posts
434 upvotes
Toronto
braveblade wrote: ING used to offer $100 CASH for customers to open new thrive account...
Yes, last year they had the $100 for opening a thrive account, on top of the $50 referral bonus.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2009
1365 posts
1151 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Do we need a second ING thread? This is just hear say from a conversation you had with a customer service employee who may or may not know about a promotion that they can't disclose any details about.

Especially with the new RFD rules. It's not something I would expect from a someone with 5000+ posts... Mods should merge the threads.
ing-direct-double-referral-bonus-50-eac ... t-1198345/
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
20055 posts
9837 upvotes
Toronto
habsfan321 wrote: Do we need a second ING thread? This is just hear say from a conversation you had with a customer service employee who may or may not know about a promotion that they can't disclose any details about.

Especially with the new RFD rules. It's not something I would expect from a someone with 5000+ posts... Mods should merge the threads.
ing-direct-double-referral-bonus-50-eac ... t-1198345/
What does the $50 referral bonus have to do with a bonus for opening a thrive account?

That's like saying "Oh there's already a deal for a tv on sale at bestbuy...why post a PS3 movie deal in a different thread" :facepalm:

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)