• Last Updated:
  • Aug 22nd, 2005 10:22 pm
Tags:
None
Aug 21, 2005
67 posts

ing direct

hi all.. im not totally new here but its my first post! yay

im really interested in setting up an account with ing direct (and get their $13 referral bonus). can someone be kind enough to pm me a referral code?

also, is there a better alternative to ing direct (just in case i missed something)? i saw that offer with citizens bank ($80 bonus) but im kinda skeptical about it with some of the negative posts on that thread. also id like to keep my existing bank account (which ing direct lets me do)

thanks in advance!
6 replies
Jul 15, 2005
855 posts
10 upvotes
As far as I can see, for the Citizen's Bank Ultimate Savings account, you don't need to close your original bank account (you'd want to keep a chequing account open). You get a higher interest rate (regardless of the $80 bonus) and there are way more ATMs available through their network (ING lets you do debits at stores though). I've signed up for the Ultimate Savings account - we'll see how it goes! :)
Aug 21, 2005
67 posts
thanks for the code!
i actually pm'ed jerryhung about it (cuz i was reading his post) just before i posted this thread. so ill give him a chance to pm me with the code before i call ing. maybe ill give him an hour or so.
but thanks again. i appreciate it.
Aug 21, 2005
67 posts
oh. i was under the impression that id have to close my existing bank account. advantages/disadvantages of ing direct vs citizens bank? id be really interested to know. do u transfer funds between bank accounts the same way as with ing?
but regardless im still going to open an ing account and then.. maybe a citizens bank account (y not both? haha).
blink wrote:As far as I can see, for the Citizen's Bank Ultimate Savings account, you don't need to close your original bank account (you'd want to keep a chequing account open). You get a higher interest rate (regardless of the $80 bonus) and there are way more ATMs available through their network (ING lets you do debits at stores though). I've signed up for the Ultimate Savings account - we'll see how it goes! :)
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2004
1023 posts
33 upvotes
Hey and welcome to the forums vd0t.

Just a quick tip.... if you properly punctuate (I'd instead of id) and use full words instead of single letters (why instead of y for example) you'll seem a whole lot more intelligent to the rest of us and it makes posts easier to read. Sorry it's just a pet peeve of mine. :)
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
26763 posts
9333 upvotes
where I belong
Thanks for the confidence in me :)

Funny how I don't check RFD and something urgent comes up, and when I surf all the time nothing happens. Sigh, Blue Jays lost big time AGAIN

FYI, ING isn't too bad
ICICI is 2.75% with $20 open bonus as well (but as some others mentioned, it can be a lot of work)
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's Mega Thread of Credit Cards Q&A

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)