Expired Hot Deals

[Tangerine] ING Direct: Open a Savings Account + Deposit $100 and Get a $50 Bonus

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 3rd, 2013 1:51 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
RFD Staff
Jan 6, 2008
2531 posts
3389 upvotes
Toronto

[Tangerine] ING Direct: Open a Savings Account + Deposit $100 and Get a $50 Bonus

More offers from Tangerine
Here's an offer from ING Direct. When you open a regular savings account, RSP or TFSA with $100 or more, you'll get a $50 bonus! The offer is open to new clients only, and there's a limit of one bonus per client/account.

It's pretty simple to take part -- just fill out the online form and then mail a cheque of $100 or more to ING. That cheque will be used to link your chequing account to your new ING account for making future transactions. Currently, ING is offering 1.35% interest for savings accounts and RSPs and 1.40% on TFSAs.
21 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2007
1723 posts
153 upvotes
Moosonee
Please include more info, cannot find this on ING site..

So you have to wait until they get the cheque, process it ,confirm and then you get mailed back a 50$ cheque?

Then you can take out the 100$, and do it over and over again?
'WILL I GET 60 FPS' (?) GTAV Rig >>> z77 Asrock, i7 2600K @ 4.1GHZ, 16GB Dominator @ 1800mhz, 1000W PSU, 2x GTX 680 overclocked, 4 SSD: 1x120GB, 1x 240G, 2x500GB RAID0, Antec 300 Two
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2008
2842 posts
4408 upvotes
Vancouver
archdemon wrote:
Dec 29th, 2012 10:54 pm

So you have to wait until they get the cheque, process it ,confirm and then you get mailed back a 50$ cheque?

Link is right in the OP... http://www.ingdirect.ca/en/landingpage/savingspree/
Also, I don't understand the over and over again. 1 time only for new clients. Pretty sure you can't cancel your account and then open a new one to be considered a 'new client' and double dip. :rolleyes:

My question is, what if you are an existing client but only with a Chequing account? Can you open a new Savings account, make the deposit and receive this bonus? Yes, I know I can call and ask myself, just wondering if anyone already knew the answer. ;)
Feb 14, 2010
556 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto
archdemon wrote:

Can you really do it over and over again using the same name on account?
Doesn't seem likely.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
2318 posts
486 upvotes
QC
archdemon wrote:

They deposit 50$ in your new ING account.

You can, then transfert the whole 150$ back to your principal institution.

Let's say your main bank account is with RBC. You write a cheque of 100$ to yourself with your ING account number you just created in the note area and mail it to ING. A couple days later, you'll see in your ING account your 100$ deposited, and ING will make another deposit of 50$ in your ING account.

Each time you mail a cheque to ING they link it with the cheque account. You can widthdraw and deposit using that technique.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2006
1459 posts
251 upvotes
frugal_fanboy wrote:
Dec 29th, 2012 11:06 pm
Link is right in the OP... http://www.ingdirect.ca/en/landingpage/savingspree/
Also, I don't understand the over and over again. 1 time only for new clients. Pretty sure you can't cancel your account and then open a new one to be considered a 'new client' and double dip. :rolleyes:

My question is, what if you are an existing client but only with a Chequing account? Can you open a new Savings account, make the deposit and receive this bonus? Yes, I know I can call and ask myself, just wondering if anyone already knew the answer. ;)
+1 I'm too lazy to call and talk to CS :)

Unlikely you can double dip coz they have your SIN
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2009
7256 posts
806 upvotes
Sucks i have cheq account but because im a customer they wont let me open save. account to get a bonus. O well.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2006
1459 posts
251 upvotes
blazed16 wrote:
Dec 30th, 2012 12:19 am
Sucks i have cheq account but because im a customer they wont let me open save. account to get a bonus. O well.
There we have it... Only new clients with no ING accounts of any kind.

Thanks for the leg work!
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2010
1038 posts
46 upvotes
I think I will make one, and then another one using my brothers name because he wouldn't mind :)
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2008
1532 posts
524 upvotes
If you have a friend who has an ING account, get him to refer you and he will get a $25 or $50 referral bonus. Then after your account is activated, you can refer your brother to create an ING account so you will get a referral bonus.
a-p-p-l-e-s wrote:
Dec 30th, 2012 1:24 am
I think I will make one, and then another one using my brothers name because he wouldn't mind :)
Dec 9, 2009
491 posts
188 upvotes
ING sent me a free $100 Apple gc just for setting up automatic deposits from my employer
Dec 29, 2012
2 posts
EDMONTON
Keep in mind, though, that ING Direct has been taken over by Capital One and so you'll actually end up with a Capital One account.
Aug 18, 2011
104 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
http://www.ingdirect.ca/en/landingpage/ ... content=Q4

Open an account with $100 or more and get a $50 Bonus.*

Complete the secure online form.
You'll receive your unique ING DIRECT Client Number right away.

Write a cheque and mail it to us.
We will use your initial deposit cheque to
create a secure and direct link between ING DIRECT and your chequing account for future transactions.

® A registered trademark of ING Bank of Canada, a member of Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation.

* Bonus offer valid for new Clients who open an Investment Savings Account (regular, RSP or TFSA) with a starting balance of $100.00 or more. Limit of one offer per Client/Account.

Savings Account rates are annualized and are current as of today's date and are subject to change without notice. Interest is calculated daily and paid monthly.
× < >