Page 1 of 3

ING Direct - Refer a Friend and get 2.5% in ISA for 90 days + $25 Expires August 31st

Posted: Jun 28th, 2013 5:16 pm
by frederict
ING Direct has a new promotion for referrals. On top of the standard $25 for you and your friend, you both get 2.5% interest in your Investment Savings Account for 90 days (does not apply to registered accounts). The 2.5% interest applies to your entire balance in your Investment Savings Account, not just new deposits. You have until August 31st to refer a friend. I will not be posting a link because I don't want to infringe on RFD's referral rules, but you can easily find the promotion on ING's website.

Re: ING Direct - Refer a Friend and get 2.5% in ISA for 90 days + $25 Expires August 31st

Posted: Jun 28th, 2013 5:23 pm
by cutesnoopydoll
Good found, I got a mail about have 90 day GIC for 2% This is better deal only if I can get a referral. Good deal for this down market environment.

Re: ING Direct - Refer a Friend and get 2.5% in ISA for 90 days + $25 Expires August 31st

Posted: Jun 28th, 2013 9:50 pm
by choclover
I'm a little unclear on how the referral works. If I have an ING ISA account already and a friend of mine does too, can we still refer each other to get the 2.5% interest rate? I know this is a dumb question but I wanted to understand how it works.

Posted: Jun 28th, 2013 9:53 pm
by frederict
choclover wrote: I'm a little unclear on how the referral works. If I have an ING ISA account already and a friend of mine does too, can we still refer each other to get the 2.5% interest rate? I know this is a dumb question but I wanted to understand how it works.
I believe you have to refer a new customer. I am not sure how it would work if you closed your existing accounts to get a new referral though.

Posted: Jun 29th, 2013 10:55 am
by canuckcolehead
Here is the link to the details of the offer:

http://www.ingdirect.ca/en/landingpage/ ... index.html

Here are the terms:

http://www.ingdirect.ca/refer25/termsan ... index.html

You earn interest 90 days from when the friend deposits $100 or more.

Now I just need to find a friend that isn't with ING yet. It's a good idea on their part, but it sucks we have to work for the interest rate.

Just need one to sign up I guess.

Posted: Jun 29th, 2013 4:54 pm
by drsilicone
WOW! I just got my account 2 days ago and now I need to find someone to refer? It's like a pyramid scheme by a bank!

Oh well =- -I'll play game if I can find someone -- good to know we only need to find a single person though.

ING: Refer a friend and get $25 + 2.5% Interest for 90 days on ISA

Posted: Jun 29th, 2013 10:04 pm
by angel_wing0
Per http://www.ingdirect.ca/en/landingpage/refer25/:

Saving toward your goals has never been easier – just show your friends and family how everyday savings add up. When you successfully refer a new Client to ING DIRECT, you'll earn $25 in your Account, plus an amazing interest rate of 2.50% on your Investment Savings Account(s) for 90 days*. There's never been a better time to get what you save for. But this offer isn't just for you. Your friends get the exact same Bonus, too, so pass on that Orange Key!

All you have to do is start sharing your Orange Key with your friends. Then, all they have to do is open a new Investment Savings Account (ISA) with an initial deposit of $100 or more by August 31, 2013 using your Orange Key. In addition to each of you getting a $25 Bonus, you'll both enjoy an incredible interest rate of 2.50% on your non-RSP and non-TFSA Investments Savings Accounts for 90 days.

So the $25 is normal referral bonus, but the 2.5% on ISA is interesting. The 2.5% rate starts on the day when the referral funds their account. It's too bad that it's not 90 days PER REFERRAL, else I think i can get up to a year's worth of 2.5% if thats the case :D

NOTE: Please beware of RFD rules and DO NOT ASK/ADVERTISE FOR REFERRALS HERE. Thanks.

Posted: Jun 29th, 2013 10:09 pm
by Geek123
Con: Existing Clients will receive the Bonus interest rate of 2.50% on the first $100,000 (CAD) or personal ISA balance for a period of 90 days starting the day the first new Account referral is funded. Interest is calculated daily and paid monthly. This 2.50% rate does not apply to Registered Savings, GIC or mutual fund Accounts.

Posted: Jun 29th, 2013 10:15 pm
by deal_with_singh
^??? You have more than 100k sitting in a savings account? Baller!

Posted: Jun 29th, 2013 10:16 pm
by angel_wing0
deal_with_singh wrote: ^??? You have more than 100k sitting in a savings account? Baller!
+1

Posted: Jun 29th, 2013 10:21 pm
by DavyBoyWonder
These "x% for y days" offers are insulting. Soon they'll start offering 100% annual interest for 1 day.

Posted: Jun 29th, 2013 10:38 pm
by dankup
"It's too bad that it's not 90 days PER REFERRAL". So does that mean, it doesn't matter how many people you give your Orange Key to? Once one has signed up, you both get $25 and you both get 2.5%. But if a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc person signs up, it's just $25 you both get? Or does the 2nd, 3rd, 4th person get $25 and 2.5%, but you, only $25?

Posted: Jun 29th, 2013 11:16 pm
by Jon Lai
Got my Orange Key ready - Time to refer people again! =D

But yeah, looks like you only benefit from the 2.5% for signing up the first person, subsequent ones its just the regular. That being said, the new customer still gets $25 bonus!

Posted: Jun 29th, 2013 11:35 pm
by angel_wing0
dankup wrote: ...Or does the 2nd, 3rd, 4th person get $25 and 2.5%, but you, only $25?
^ that.

Posted: Jun 30th, 2013 11:13 pm
by silicone
I don't understand why it's a sin for a person to ask me for a referral -- I understand if I was offering referrals but why would I punish a fellow RFD member who needs my code to take advantage of this offer?

Thanks OP --

Posted: Jun 30th, 2013 11:37 pm
by dapper_remy
We are suppose to be helping each other out here not using this site to leverage !

Thank you for the post!

Posted: Jul 1st, 2013 8:19 pm
by frederict
coleworld wrote: It's a good idea on their part, but it sucks we have to work for the interest rate.
That's the annoying part but the big advantage is that it applies to the entire balance. It is hard to fully take advantage of the "new money" promotions.

Posted: Jul 1st, 2013 9:50 pm
by rebber
is it possible to sign up for the account, put in $100+ and then after 90days, take the entire balance out?

also, how do i get an Orange Key? First time I sign up for a ISA, will I get an Orange Key or do I have to be referred?

Posted: Jul 1st, 2013 9:57 pm
by silicone
rebber wrote: is it possible to sign up for the account, put in $100+ and then after 90days, take the entire balance out?

also, how do i get an Orange Key? First time I sign up for a ISA, will I get an Orange Key or do I have to be referred?
******* - you have to first be referred and then you'll get an Orange Key to give to others.

You'll be fine to take the money out after 90 days however I'd wait till the interest payment comes across and then do it!!... Happy Canada Day!

Posted: Jul 1st, 2013 10:10 pm
by thedkjw
I'm confused, do I need a code before I sign up on the ING website? I don't have any ING accounts at all so am I still eligible for any of their other promotions? When I send in my cheque to link accounts I assume I should just make it for over 100$?