• Aug 13th, 2013 1:24 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
1528 posts
661 upvotes
Kanada
Ash20 wrote:
Apr 19th, 2012 11:16 pm
I sent in a usd cheque to try to link my TD usd account to my ing usd account. They deposited the cheque but didn't link the account. Before I call them, can anyone confirm they've managed to do this?
This happened to me even when linking CAD accounts, I had to call ING to have the link activated
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2007
1503 posts
122 upvotes
K guys
so i am very much interested in opening a Thrive Account now.

Couple of questions:
1) Deposits of say cheques and cash into the account can be made only at ING atms or any bank atms? What about withdrawals?
2) Anyone wants to PM me the orange key thingy?

thanks
Mar 10, 2007
108 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto
tomjose wrote:
Apr 20th, 2012 1:21 am
K guys
so i am very much interested in opening a Thrive Account now.

Couple of questions:
1) Deposits of say cheques and cash into the account can be made only at ING atms or any bank atms? What about withdrawals?
2) Anyone wants to PM me the orange key thingy?

thanks
1.) Deposits to any ATM on exchange network - includes some credit unions and HSBC. Withdrawals from other banks allowed but subject to a fee.

2.) pm sent
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2007
1503 posts
122 upvotes
Ash20 wrote:
Apr 20th, 2012 1:31 am
1.) Deposits to any ATM on exchange network - includes some credit unions and HSBC. Withdrawals from other banks allowed but subject to a fee.

2.) pm sent
Thanks for the PM. will set it up tomorrow.

Now how would i know if an ATM im using is part of the 'exchange network'? Im guessing atms from say Alterna Savings, or National Bank of Canada are part of this group?
Mar 10, 2007
108 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto
tomjose wrote:
Apr 20th, 2012 1:36 am

Now how would i know if an ATM im using is part of the 'exchange network'? Im guessing atms from say Alterna Savings, or National Bank of Canada are part of this group?
Np.

There's a link on the ing website that identifies alll the machines nearest to you... For me, the exchange network has better penetration in my area than any big bank.

Link: http://www.ingdirect.ca/abm
Mar 23, 2004
37614 posts
4024 upvotes
Markham
tomjose wrote:
Apr 20th, 2012 1:36 am

yes, almost all credit unions and hsbc are as well.
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
Deal Addict
May 26, 2011
1801 posts
469 upvotes
Vancouver
SnoopDop wrote:
Apr 20th, 2012 12:34 am
This happened to me even when linking CAD accounts, I had to call ING to have the link activated

I've always wondered about that. Out of all the links I've set up or helped set up for family, only one was actually set up without interaction from me. Does anyone know why this is?
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2004
3372 posts
596 upvotes
PianoGuy wrote:
Apr 20th, 2012 3:11 am
I've always wondered about that. Out of all the links I've set up or helped set up for family, only one was actually set up without interaction from me. Does anyone know why this is?

ING requires the Account Holder to confirm the Transit and Account numbers separately from the VOID cheque/direct deposit form, either by adding the account through online banking prior to sending in the cheque, or through the phone after the cheque is received. No idea why.

Furthermore, there is a limit on external accounts that is fairly low (it's 3 if I recall) and if you try to add a 4th they will need to contact you to find out which account you wish to delete from your linked accounts.
Mar 23, 2004
37614 posts
4024 upvotes
Markham
CorSter wrote:
Apr 20th, 2012 3:48 am
Furthermore, there is a limit on external accounts that is fairly low (it's 3 if I recall) and if you try to add a 4th they will need to contact you to find out which account you wish to delete from your linked accounts.

Correct, very stupid imo. But if you want to link accounts, I would def. consider opening one in ally as it allows u to link many accounts without having to send cheques.
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
14350 posts
5237 upvotes
Gatineau
^^ I Kinda of agree that its a bit limiting to be able to link only 3 external accounts.

But I've also found that 3 is more than enough as with the use of the free Email Money Transfer, I can send money "OUT" of ING to any account which means I have less need to link external accounts.

I really only have the need to transfer money "IN" to ING from 2 accounts which are linked (which is my RBC Checking and RBC U.S. High Interest eSavings).

Any other accounts I have outside of ING are rarely used to transfer money INTO ING. On the rare occasion that I would need to, I would just visit that bank's ATM and withdraw and deposit into ING ATM.

djino
Deal Expert
Nov 19, 2005
15936 posts
615 upvotes
RedFlagDeals!
djino wrote:
Apr 20th, 2012 12:28 pm
^^ I Kinda of agree that its a bit limiting to be able to link only 3 external accounts.

But I've also found that 3 is more than enough as with the use of the free Email Money Transfer, I can send money "OUT" of ING to any account which means I have less need to link external accounts.

+1, Just EMT yourself the cash. Been doing that for years now.
PC IS MASTER RACE! ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°) VΛ 🆅🅰🅿🅴 🅽🅰🆃🅸🅾🅽 ┏( -_-)┛┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┗(-_- )┓ 𝑅𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝒾𝓈 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓇𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2007
1503 posts
122 upvotes
Hmm, so i completed the online application.

Question: Can i drop off the 100$ cheque im writing to myself at their 11 gordon baker address? Or does it have to be MAILED?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7747 posts
2666 upvotes
ON
Call the cafe and ask.. Pretty sure it would still have to be mailed. Or they might just send it upstairs :p
Mar 23, 2004
37614 posts
4024 upvotes
Markham
tomjose wrote:
Apr 20th, 2012 3:47 pm
Hmm, so i completed the online application.

Question: Can i drop off the 100$ cheque im writing to myself at their 11 gordon baker address? Or does it have to be MAILED?

you can drop it off there.
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
14350 posts
5237 upvotes
Gatineau
ChampUz wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2012 6:00 pm

That's illegal.

Djino