Automotive

INOVA Insuranse Brokers (for Costco members) - anyone know them?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 9th, 2013 2:04 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2212 posts
200 upvotes
Ottawa

INOVA Insuranse Brokers (for Costco members) - anyone know them?

just got this by email - does anyone know them?
10 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 11, 2008
6963 posts
422 upvotes
Burlington
no, they're just the broker, they have AVIVA, Pembridge, Pafco, Perth in their office, I have all those in mine as well plus more companies...

I called them to get a quote and they quoted me higher anyhow..
golden_m wrote:
Mar 14th, 2012 11:34 am
just got this by email - does anyone know them?
RIBO LICENCED INSURANCE BROKER(ontario) -OVER 30 YRS OF EXPERIENCE
YOUR BEST INSURANCE IS AN INSURANCE BROKER
All the information provided is for reference purposes only. The actual wordings, conditions and exclusions of your policy will apply.
Jan 2, 2007
143 posts
34 upvotes
Kitchener, Ontario
I left two voice mails and they haven't called back so... I would be wary.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2006
1024 posts
95 upvotes
Calgary
COSMIC5 wrote:
Mar 14th, 2012 1:09 pm
no, they're just the broker, they have AVIVA, Pembridge, Pafco, Perth in their office, I have all those in mine as well plus more companies...

I called them to get a quote and they quoted me higher anyhow..
I wonder how big are they and can they handle the volume for all of Canada??? Thus the lack of service because they are so swamped with calls.
Also wonder if they have extra group discount for Costco members... :razz:
Alberta Auto, Home, Business and Travel Insurance Broker
Deal Fanatic
Aug 11, 2008
6963 posts
422 upvotes
Burlington
I donno, but Perth and Pafco are for high risks...they don't seem to have too many markets for standard risks.
I did call for a quote, as a costco member and they were so out in left field on the pricing...was way higher than what I currently pay.
guessboi wrote:
May 24th, 2012 2:08 pm
I wonder how big are they and can they handle the volume for all of Canada??? Thus the lack of service because they are so swamped with calls.
Also wonder if they have extra group discount for Costco members... :razz:
All the information provided is for reference purposes only. The actual wordings, conditions and exclusions of your policy will apply.
Jun 27, 2011
3 posts
MAPLE
Cyc66 wrote:
May 24th, 2012 12:07 pm
I left two voice mails and they haven't called back so... I would be wary.
I called them and waited 30 mins to hear the annoying recorded answer "Our operators are all busy, please leave a msg or hold on...". Then I left a msg, asking them to return the call and there is no single call back. Poor service. Stay out. I don't know why such a reputable Costco allows a co-branding program with them.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
7566 posts
1135 upvotes
jtfjff wrote:
Jun 24th, 2012 10:35 am
I called them and waited 30 mins to hear the annoying recorded answer "Our operators are all busy, please leave a msg or hold on...". Then I left a msg, asking them to return the call and there is no single call back. Poor service. Stay out. I don't know why such a reputable Costco allows a co-branding program with them.
+1. I tried calling them multiple times, waited over 30 minutes and gave up (tried calling on weekday and weekend, morning and evening). No one ever picks up there. I can only imagine trying to make a claim.

Costco should definitely drop them
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2005
1671 posts
99 upvotes
COSMIC5 wrote:
May 24th, 2012 2:59 pm
I donno, but Perth and Pafco are for high risks...they don't seem to have too many markets for standard risks.
I did call for a quote, as a costco member and they were so out in left field on the pricing...was way higher than what I currently pay.
General question, since brokers are essentially the intermediary's for the insurance company, should the price quoted not be the same for a given insurance company regardless of the broker? I know that's not the case, was always curious why though
Deal Fanatic
Aug 11, 2008
6963 posts
422 upvotes
Burlington
yes, any broker who uses a company will get the same rates as any other broker that uses the same company will, unless they have used different underwriting info and coverages applied to the quote, but basically, rates are same with such company regardless of where the broker is located
bunga wrote:
Jun 24th, 2012 9:41 pm
General question, since brokers are essentially the intermediary's for the insurance company, should the price quoted not be the same for a given insurance company regardless of the broker? I know that's not the case, was always curious why though
Aug 19, 2009
23 posts
Going through Costco insurance broker (Qc) I went from 75.67$ a month for 2 Santa Fe (2009 & 2011) with the same benefits/protection AND better to 52.51$ a month and my house went from 850$ a year to 657$ a year with way better coverage than any other broker that were called on the same day. As far as Communications go, remember that in the end the guy or woman you speak with as absolutely no pull whatsoever in what will be given to you if something major happens.. While some may say they waited 30 min or more on the phone you also have to weigh in the money you save year to year and figure out how many times do you actually call your "personal" broker????

For me to wait 30 min but save over 470$ a year for X number of year between calls, I figure that it's worth it.

If you call them every year for something then you need to try to stop breaking things or learn to drive.

I called my brokers over the 15 + years maybe 4 times for little things like a window replacement, and then a big thing when my motorcycle was stolen.. They gave me the same trouble like getting checked out at the police station by writing down what happened the day that it happened (2+ weeks prior to this request and I didn't even know what I ate 2 days before) and when everything cleared they even tried to not pay within the maximum allotted time brokers have to pay when all as been cleared because there was a discrepancy about what I wrote about where I went to lunch the morning of the incident!! Note that the incident happened between 7pm and midnight!! WTF!!!!.. My "personal" broker at the time told me "It's out of my hands, you need to call the Company rep.." so basically for those who want "personal" service, you'll never get it when the biggest claim needs to go through and your "personal" broker doesn't give a sh*t about helping you.

My friend who's a broker told me "Get the cheaper priced insurance for the same protection."... That says it all.... Hence I'm with the Costco Brokers and am very pleased about the money I saved over the last three years +1,400$ without one claim!

( :)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 11, 2008
6963 posts
422 upvotes
Burlington
they are no different than any other broker other than they have exclusive marketing rights to costco members...they are Brokers and have access to more than one company in their office - you still need to deal with them for anything from payments, policy changes or claims...no difference than any other broker office.
Freefinger wrote:
Sep 6th, 2013 9:52 am
Going through Costco insurance broker (Qc) I went from 75.67$ a month for 2 Santa Fe (2009 & 2011) with the same benefits/protection AND better to 52.51$ a month and my house went from 850$ a year to 657$ a year with way better coverage than any other broker that were called on the same day. As far as Communications go, remember that in the end the guy or woman you speak with as absolutely no pull whatsoever in what will be given to you if something major happens.. While some may say they waited 30 min or more on the phone you also have to weigh in the money you save year to year and figure out how many times do you actually call your "personal" broker????

For me to wait 30 min but save over 470$ a year for X number of year between calls, I figure that it's worth it.

If you call them every year for something then you need to try to stop breaking things or learn to drive.

I called my brokers over the 15 + years maybe 4 times for little things like a window replacement, and then a big thing when my motorcycle was stolen.. They gave me the same trouble like getting checked out at the police station by writing down what happened the day that it happened (2+ weeks prior to this request and I didn't even know what I ate 2 days before) and when everything cleared they even tried to not pay within the maximum allotted time brokers have to pay when all as been cleared because there was a discrepancy about what I wrote about where I went to lunch the morning of the incident!! Note that the incident happened between 7pm and midnight!! WTF!!!!.. My "personal" broker at the time told me "It's out of my hands, you need to call the Company rep.." so basically for those who want "personal" service, you'll never get it when the biggest claim needs to go through and your "personal" broker doesn't give a sh*t about helping you.

My friend who's a broker told me "Get the cheaper priced insurance for the same protection."... That says it all.... Hence I'm with the Costco Brokers and am very pleased about the money I saved over the last three years +1,400$ without one claim!

( :)
× < >