None
Apr 3, 2013
502 posts
299 upvotes
Toronto
cherry25 wrote:
Jan 15th, 2018 12:14 pm
Did you have an order minimum?
New accounts have the standard $10 order minimum, but get free delivery on the first order. I don't believe the coupon imposes any further restrictions.
Dec 11, 2015
41 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto, Canada
Confirmed, you have to have $35 in your cart before applying the "HITORONTO" promo for $20 off.
Sep 7, 2011
131 posts
110 upvotes
Toronto
I ordered last night and it delivered today in the afternoon. Pretty good experience.

But when I checked the receipt it didn't show any credit/promo applied, is that normal?
Jun 23, 2010
251 posts
122 upvotes
North York
lochunwa wrote:
Jan 15th, 2018 9:26 pm
I ordered last night and it delivered today in the afternoon. Pretty good experience.

But when I checked the receipt it didn't show any credit/promo applied, is that normal?
I also ordered yesterday and received my order today and the coupon disappeared. I opened a support ticket and waiting.
Sep 7, 2011
131 posts
110 upvotes
Toronto
nonfatalexec wrote:
Jan 15th, 2018 10:29 pm
I also ordered yesterday and received my order today and the coupon disappeared. I opened a support ticket and waiting.
how did you open the ticket? over the phone or online?
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2014
1397 posts
405 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Prices seem inflated (then again, I usually shop the flyers for deals) AND they add on an extra 7.5%!
Without the coupon, would not buy. As it is, got a pretty decent amount of food for the price I'm paying (under $20 with the coupon).
Happy Canada Day!
Banned
Jan 15, 2018
43 posts
21 upvotes
Can you use the $ 20 coupon if you are ordering from your PC by using the website ? Or is it an exclusive APP only coupon ?

Or do you HAVE to use it through the APP and your smartphone ?

I hate ordering stuff through my smartphone & downloading Apps etc , I prefer ordering through my laptop or desktop. Much faster & convenient for me. Especially typing & searching stuff.

Thanks in advance if anyone ordered through their PC/Laptop and were able to use the $ 20 coupon.
Jun 23, 2010
251 posts
122 upvotes
North York
lochunwa wrote:
Jan 16th, 2018 11:51 am
Thank you for your help but they didnt response my email at all .....
They didn't respond to me either. I asked for an update.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2003
1859 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto
Same for me. Order was modified and the coupon was removed without letting me know. Now I am "overcharged" by $20 because they removed it from my order.

I sent them an "email" (more like submitting a ticket) and they responded with a generic answer claiming that the coupon can only be applied for orders over $35. This condition was never known to me and there were no indications of that when I was placing an order (promo was accepted as well). Needless to say, I will be disputing the charge with my credit card company.
Banned
Jan 15, 2018
43 posts
21 upvotes
lochunwa wrote:

nonfatalexec wrote:
Jan 15th, 2018 10:29 pm
Did you order the minimum $ 35 to use the $ 20 coupon ? They changed it due to the coupon abuse.

How much was the order for both of you ?
Jun 23, 2010
251 posts
122 upvotes
North York
saugatiger wrote:
Jan 16th, 2018 1:54 pm
Did you order the minimum $ 35 to use the $ 20 coupon ? They changed it due to the coupon abuse.

How much was the order for both of you ?
My order was about $25 and it was my first order. If they didn't think it should be applied, they should have canceled my order rather than remove the coupon silently after I place my order.
Banned
Jan 15, 2018
43 posts
21 upvotes
solo. wrote:
Jan 16th, 2018 1:35 pm
Same for me. Order was modified and the coupon was removed without letting me know. Now I am "overcharged" by $20 because they removed it from my order.

I sent them an "email" (more like submitting a ticket) and they responded with a generic answer claiming that the coupon can only be applied for orders over $35. This condition was never known to me and there were no indications of that when I was placing an order (promo was accepted as well). Needless to say, I will be disputing the charge with my credit card company.
nonfatalexec wrote:
Jan 16th, 2018 2:51 pm

My order was about $25 and it was my first order. If they didn't think it should be applied, they should have canceled my order rather than remove the coupon silently after I place my order.
lochunwa wrote:

Yup, they should have informed before hand that minimum order is $ 35 or should have never let you apply the coupon in the first place for anything below $ 35.

Sadly innocent & honest folks have to suffer, when RFD scammers use multiple accounts to scam companies & abuse coupons. like the guy who made 8 orders of pepsi or something from RCSS for 96 cents. On top of it, he is bragging about it. These folks ruined it for you guys. Anyway to each his own.

I am making only 1 order that too for my parents, as its hard for them to go out & get groceries in this weather. Plus my mom slipped & fell on a icy side walk last week & has fracture on her right wrist :( . The order was going to be for around $ 50 anyway, even before I knew about the $ 35 minimum restriction, so I guess I would have been safe anyway.
Nov 23, 2004
728 posts
136 upvotes
can they really retroactively remove a coupon when it was applied in good faith the first time around? that would be an insane "bait-and-switch" with legal ramifications.

does anyone have screenshots of when their $20 coupon was applied to an order under $35? i can't believe in their email confirmations and in the order history section of their website, that they have removed it so i really don't have proof that when i ordered, the $20 was applied.