None
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
11475 posts
1773 upvotes
Markham
freebies_r_us wrote:
Jan 17th, 2018 1:03 pm
can they really retroactively remove a coupon when it was applied in good faith the first time around? that would be an insane "bait-and-switch" with legal ramifications.

does anyone have screenshots of when their $20 coupon was applied to an order under $35? i can't believe in their email confirmations and in the order history section of their website, that they have removed it so i really don't have proof that when i ordered, the $20 was applied.
When I log into my account and look under promotions that have not been used it says: "$20.00 off your next order (Expires: Feb 2, 2018)"

No mention of a spending requirement, but it appears to not work on $25.
Jun 23, 2010
254 posts
123 upvotes
North York
I never got a response for the email support ticket and called them. The customer service rep said the coupon is limit 1 per household, but I couldn't find this mentioned anywhere. This means you can't use the coupon then have your dad use the coupon as well. The customer service rep also said they didn't see anything wrong with not denying the coupon during the ordering stage then denying the coupon when I receive the order. I contacted Consumer Protection Ontario to see how to file a complaint.
Nov 23, 2004
728 posts
136 upvotes
nonfatalexec wrote:
Jan 17th, 2018 3:08 pm
I never got a response for the email support ticket and called them. The customer service rep said the coupon is limit 1 per household, but I couldn't find this mentioned anywhere. This means you can't use the coupon then have your dad use the coupon as well. The customer service rep also said they didn't see anything wrong with not denying the coupon during the ordering stage then denying the coupon when I receive the order. I contacted Consumer Protection Ontario to see how to file a complaint.
keep us posted. happy to file a complaint as well. that's just unethical.
Jun 23, 2010
254 posts
123 upvotes
North York
Consumer Protection Ontario recommended contacting the Competition Bureau. I called Competition Bureau and they confirmed they are the correct contact and to fill out the complaint online at http://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/eic/ ... 89T-7TDNA5

They won't be able to provide compensations or anything to us, but they can investigate and "prosecute" the company for misleading customers. Prosecution depends on the severity and I wasn't able to get an exact answer.
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
11475 posts
1773 upvotes
Markham
nonfatalexec wrote:
Jan 17th, 2018 3:47 pm
Consumer Protection Ontario recommended contacting the Competition Bureau. I called Competition Bureau and they confirmed they are the correct contact and to fill out the complaint online at http://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/eic/ ... 89T-7TDNA5

They won't be able to provide compensations or anything to us, but they can investigate and "prosecute" the company for misleading customers. Prosecution depends on the severity and I wasn't able to get an exact answer.
Good on your for doing your part to hold them accountable.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2005
3945 posts
2616 upvotes
Toronto
Same thing happened with my mom when I was at her place. We created separate accounts and I got my order with the discounted price 2 hours later. She then ordered using her account for delivery in a few days and they charged her full price with no notification.

She emailed customer service and they were of no help and deleted her account...LOL. She emailed again and it seems they are ignoring her.

What a nightmare. The drivers/shoppers were on time and delivery was good but the backend customer service is totally lacking. Probably need to do a chargeback for her.
Banned
Jan 15, 2018
43 posts
21 upvotes
So if I order more than $ 35 , I am safe using the $ 20 coupon , right ??

Also when do I enter the " HiToronto " coupon after I put my credit card and expiry date ?? Will the coupon entry box appear after that ? I don't want to put my CC info & no box shows up.

Will the online receipt immediately show the $ 20 coupon applied ? Or does it show the regular price, but your CC gets charged $ 20 less ?

Address - Schedule - Payment - Review

Payment

Credit Card
Banned
Jan 15, 2018
43 posts
21 upvotes
Do they email you the receipt as well ? Or can you print it after logging into your account ? Say for your record or for return exchange ?
Banned
Jan 15, 2018
43 posts
21 upvotes
RolandCouch wrote:
Jan 17th, 2018 1:56 pm
When I log into my account and look under promotions that have not been used it says: "$20.00 off your next order (Expires: Feb 2, 2018)"

No mention of a spending requirement, but it appears to not work on $25.
Do you have to put your credit card number & expiry date before the coupon code box appears or the coupon is applied ? Or can you see before hand if the coupon is going to be applied or not, without entering the CC info & expiry date ?
Banned
Jan 15, 2018
43 posts
21 upvotes
Spiderpal93 wrote:
Jan 17th, 2018 6:36 pm
Same thing happened with my mom when I was at her place. We created separate accounts and I got my order with the discounted price 2 hours later. She then ordered using her account for delivery in a few days and they charged her full price with no notification.

She emailed customer service and they were of no help and deleted her account...LOL. She emailed again and it seems they are ignoring her.

What a nightmare. The drivers/shoppers were on time and delivery was good but the backend customer service is totally lacking. Probably need to do a chargeback for her.
Did you both order more than $ 35 ?

Or you ordered more than $ 35 and she did not ?

Or both of you did not order more than $ 35 ?

I mean I don't know if this was a case of 1 coupon per household policy or minimum $ 35 not reached case, hence coupon cancelled.
Banned
Jan 15, 2018
43 posts
21 upvotes
Why is this in the expired section ?

The coupon is still valid , only $ 35 minimum is being applied now and 1 coupon per household is being applied now. So you can't do multiple orders and order less than $ 35.

But $ 20 coupon is still valid .
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
11475 posts
1773 upvotes
Markham
saugatiger wrote:
Jan 18th, 2018 5:47 am
Do you have to put your credit card number & expiry date before the coupon code box appears or the coupon is applied ? Or can you see before hand if the coupon is going to be applied or not, without entering the CC info & expiry date ?
Had to put in CC first
Banned
Jan 15, 2018
43 posts
21 upvotes
RolandCouch wrote:
Jan 18th, 2018 6:20 am
Had to put in CC first
Ok cool Thanks.

So they won't charge me until I hit submit/confirm button right ? As I want to see if the coupon is being applied or not before I order. I am ordering $ 35 + and its my first order so I guess I should be OK :)

Don't mind putting my CC as long as they don't charge me just for putting it in.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2009
1691 posts
816 upvotes
Ordered some random things I hadn't picked up (including windshield washer fluid haha)
Feb 19, 2018
1 posts
Hi. I have never used instabuggy before and was looking for a first time user promo code....I see from the thread there was some sort of 20 dollar coupon? Where would I find it? Thanks! :)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)