• Last Updated:
  • Feb 27th, 2018 1:47 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Dec 6, 2017
2 posts
13 upvotes
Hi Nikole, this grocery delivery service is for Instacart.ca or they have an app too and the Hitoronto coupon code might still work if you are a first time customer.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
5551 posts
1673 upvotes
North York
Thanks OP! Ordered last night and item was already delivered this morning.
The substituted my main item for something else that costs less.
I don't mind this time, but the Walmart feature of choosing not to accept substitutes could come in handy.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2006
2715 posts
213 upvotes
Toronto
How do they expect to stay in business when everything is marked up 10-20% compared to instabuggy, walmart and even grocery gateway.
Jun 23, 2010
211 posts
88 upvotes
North York
nonfatalexec wrote:
Jan 17th, 2018 3:47 pm
Consumer Protection Ontario recommended contacting the Competition Bureau. I called Competition Bureau and they confirmed they are the correct contact and to fill out the complaint online at http://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/eic/ ... 89T-7TDNA5

They won't be able to provide compensations or anything to us, but they can investigate and "prosecute" the company for misleading customers. Prosecution depends on the severity and I wasn't able to get an exact answer.
I'm not sure if the Competition Bureau had an influence in this. I got the credit adjustment on my credit card on Feb 21st for the $20. Either that or it might just be Capital One's dispute charge system forcing Instacart's hand.