Hot Deals

[Instacart] Now in St. Catharines, Niagara Falls, KW and Ottawa, $20 off min. $35 order

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 14th, 2018 2:36 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2008
1751 posts
12478 upvotes

Now in St. Catharines, Niagara Falls, KW and Ottawa, $20 off min. $35 order

Deal Link:
Savings:
$20 off
Expiry:
March 31, 2018
Retailer:
Instacart
Instacart has launched in St. Catharines, Niagara Falls, Kitchener-Waterloo and Ottawa.

They are offering a $20 discount on orders of $35 or more for first-time customers. This is what they Tweeted out on Jan 17:

"Hey Ottawa, Kitchener and St. Catharines Waving Hand Sign We’re excited to now offer grocery delivery in your cities! Stay warm and get groceries delivered to your door!

First time users: $20 off orders $35+ with regional codes below*

HIOTTAWA
HIKITCHENER
HISTCATHARINES

*Offer expires 3/31"

How much it costs:

For orders of $35 or more, the delivery fee is just $3.99.
Sign up for Instacart Express membership for just $9.99 a month or $99 a year and get unlimited, free same-day delivery on orders of $35 or more.

Your orders will be taken from Loblaws, T&T Supermarket and Real Canadian Superstore locations.

Cheers!
Last edited by TomRFD on Jan 21st, 2018 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: title edit
LadyB
Live kidney donor needed. Please read info PM with any questions.
15 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
2210 posts
654 upvotes
Gatineau
I always highly suggest you include sources when possible.

The Tweet:
---
TIL that having your twitter/steam information as a signature is self promotion now lol.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2008
1751 posts
12478 upvotes
Sorry, not on twitter, included their TW URL in the Deal Link and stated that it was Tweeted by them. Thanks.
LadyB
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
3416 posts
840 upvotes
Ottawa
Any who used instacart before, should you tip like ubereats or any other delivery service?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2008
1751 posts
12478 upvotes
nonfatalexec wrote:
Jan 21st, 2018 3:04 pm
Coupon may be removed from your order silently after you place your order. See instacart-20-off-coupon-toronto-2152064/5/
Previously they hadn't put limits on the coupon and it was abused. Now it's for first time use only, and on minimum $35.
LadyB
Dec 19, 2013
867 posts
375 upvotes
Ottawa
nonfatalexec wrote:
Jan 21st, 2018 3:04 pm
Coupon may be removed from your order silently after you place your order. See instacart-20-off-coupon-toronto-2152064/5/
Basically your order must be $35+ and can only be used once per household. If you try to use it more than once for the same address, the coupon will be accepted during the order but they will revoke the coupon once they find out the promo was used by that address already.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
2985 posts
161 upvotes
Toronto
I've had limited success with these types of services (Instacart, Instabuggy, urbery, etc). I find the "packer" likes to take their own liberties when it comes to swapping items from my order. Even if I suggest no replacements, they don't give me enough time to respond back to the issues I have with the items. Example, I've ordered a G2 case and they swapped with regular Gatorade. Being diabetic, that doesn't fly and I had to give it to a neighbour.

I will continually go back to Grocery Gateway. Especially with the increasing of "Picking/Packing" fees with all these newcomers.
Click Here to check my HOFO Feedback
Ebay Feedback
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2001
7785 posts
391 upvotes
Toronto
Wonder how they handle student housing and houses with separated apartments? i.e. 225A main street, 225B main street, 225 main street upper apartment, 225 main street, basement apartment.
NoCountry4RFDer wrote:
Jan 21st, 2018 3:31 pm
Basically your order must be $35+ and can only be used once per household. If you try to use it more than once for the same address, the coupon will be accepted during the order but they will revoke the coupon once they find out the promo was used by that address already.
Dec 2, 2014
401 posts
128 upvotes
London, ON
How is the selection? It's not available in London ATM so I can't browse.
Jun 8, 2016
24 posts
12 upvotes
OK, I know it's a bit late. But I tried it. I ordered $40 worth of groceries from the Westboro Superstore in Ottawa. Free delivery for first time user and $20 off for the code above. There was a $3.03 service charge.
There are also $10 referrals to give to new members, I don't know if that would stack with the first time user though.
It looks as though the website doesn't include sale prices, so everything was full price, still $25 for $40 worth of groceries delivered is pretty good. Definitely worth trying with this code.
Apr 23, 2014
807 posts
118 upvotes
Niagara Falls, ON
briggernaut wrote:
Feb 11th, 2018 12:43 pm
OK, I know it's a bit late. But I tried it. I ordered $40 worth of groceries from the Westboro Superstore in Ottawa. Free delivery for first time user and $20 off for the code above. There was a $3.03 service charge.
There are also $10 referrals to give to new members, I don't know if that would stack with the first time user though.
It looks as though the website doesn't include sale prices, so everything was full price, still $25 for $40 worth of groceries delivered is pretty good. Definitely worth trying with this code.
I am interested in this 3.03 dollars service charge. is that service charge only on this deal or is it an extra fee on a regular order in addition to the delivery fee of 3.99 on orders > $35?
Jun 8, 2016
24 posts
12 upvotes
Penrose wrote:
Feb 11th, 2018 12:52 pm
I am interested in this 3.03 dollars service charge. is that service charge only on this deal or is it an extra fee on a regular order in addition to the delivery fee of 3.99 on orders > $35?
OK, after some poking around I was able to find the description of the service fee on the website: https://www.instacart.ca/help/section/2 ... #213895126
It is on top of your delivery fee. It's a 7.5% fee to cover the overhead of running the service. It does not go to the shopper. That does seem pretty high to me.
Apr 23, 2014
807 posts
118 upvotes
Niagara Falls, ON
briggernaut wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 3:56 pm
OK, after some poking around I was able to find the description of the service fee on the website: https://www.instacart.ca/help/section/2 ... #213895126
It is on top of your delivery fee. It's a 7.5% fee to cover the overhead of running the service. It does not go to the shopper. That does seem pretty high to me.
I knew of the delivery fee and the membership fee's but I didn't realize there was also a levy of 7.5% on your total order.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2001
7785 posts
391 upvotes
Toronto
So 3 fees to use this service?

1) Delivery Fee
2) Membership Fee
3) 7.5% fee

Does this company even see how ridiculous that looks from a customer point of view?