• Last Updated:
  • Sep 24th, 2019 11:14 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2016
1158 posts
655 upvotes

Insurance claim question

Hey guys:

Was rear ended by an impatient driver and have a medium sized dent on the rear quarter panel. No visible damage to the door or the bumper. Insurance approved an estimate of $3800+, however while getting quotes from a few private body shops (which I have used before) the estimated is less than half ($1500 range). The private body shop work is guaranteed for life and I have had no issues in the past. The vehicle in question is a leased 2019 Accord with another 24 months to go.
Would appreciate your suggestions. I feel (not 100% sure) if I go to my body shop to fix the damage via insurance, his final invoice might go up to maximize the allowed $$ even though it is not warranted. Will that reflect on me in anyway in future?

TIA

CD
Images
  • Dent.jpeg
3 replies
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33237 posts
21167 upvotes
Toronto
Not your fault, goto honda authorized bodyshop since your car is leased. There should be no direct effect on your insurance record and renewal
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2016
1158 posts
655 upvotes
booblehead wrote: Not your fault, goto honda authorized bodyshop since your car is leased. There should be no direct effect on your insurance record and renewal
Thank you for your comments. I was thinking the same - to be on the safe side.

CD
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
18945 posts
10527 upvotes
Shops will charge different prices when you are paying yourself versus through insurance. I have seen similar instances where the quotes I received were almost double when through insurance.

Go through the dealership and get it repaired at a Honda approved shop. This is your best protection come lease renewal if they question the quality of repairs.