Tags:
None
[OP]
Apr 5, 2004
66 posts
5 upvotes

Insurance RIBO Exam

Anyone taken their Registered Insurance Brokers of Ontario (RIBO) exam
before or know what to expect or any give any advice?

I have the Basic Broker Course I exam in two weeks and any help will be grateful.
11 replies
Feb 27, 2007
1 posts
I have failed on my Ribo exam twice. advice from anyone who has passed this exam would be appreciated. please give me some tips to how to go on. do I need to take a course. I did self study. Thanks
Jm
Apr 23, 2003
771 posts
I am a RIBO, its been a while since I took the exam but I've got a decent grasp for the content.

plus a few people I work with are studying for it, so if you want I can get study tips from them.. maybe you two should make a study group (are you local to each other?)

I'll help as much as I can, pm me.
Jun 11, 2009
6 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
rdcurrie wrote:
Aug 27th, 2010 1:28 pm
Check out www.prepnpass.com

It has practice exams and will definitely help you pass the RIBO exam.

Hi,
I am not working for any insurance companies at this moment. I am currently working as a telephone banking rep at RBC. I am interested in working at this industry. I want to study either OTL or RIBO on my own. I wonder which one of them will give me a better chance to get hired by insurance companies out there. Please reply. Greater Thanks!!! ( I don't mind work as either sales rep or broker)
Aug 19, 2010
290 posts
16 upvotes
I have been interested in getting ribo certified. I find quite a few companies asking for this certification on certain insurance jobs. It would be a good addition to my resume I think.

Any good resources to look into before committing?
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
3909 posts
124 upvotes
Markham
HI guys,
I am thinking about getting the RIBO license.
Just wondering if its a good idea to buy the kit from IIC or IBAO for self study?
Please share your experiences. thanks
Oct 13, 2016
114 posts
37 upvotes
I never took the full RIBO, I had my OTL (which was really easy) and had to do the transfer or equivalency test. As I recall was not to hard , what helped was studying with others.
A lot of the larger insurance companies pay for you to get licensed, I felt the in-class study was a huge help, the instructor was really good.
The LLQP was difficult in my opinion, compared to OTL and RIBO.
Oct 30, 2010
12 posts
Toronto, GTA
I passed my RIBO the only thing you have to do pay attention to the auto section and habitational section. Case study is very important you cannot find in text. Travel insurance is easy and can secure-able 100% marks