Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

2015 Winter Deal 4790k/5930K/Intel 750 SSD 400GB

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 26th, 2016 8:57 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2011
1446 posts
1665 upvotes
Toronto

2015 Winter Deal 4790k/5930K/Intel 750 SSD 400GB

Deal Link:
It's back.

Before anyone asks, yes, this is an exclusive hot deal. Similar to invite-only hot deals posted here; you have to be an Intel Retail Edge member to participate. To be an Intel Retail Edge member, you must be working at a partnered retailer. Those are listed below. If you work in electronics retail and aren't a member, sign up at: https://retailedge.intel.com

Also, no offering to sell/requesting to buy deal items from other members. It's against IREP rules.

You may order a single processor (Deal 1 or Deal 2).
You may order a single SSD (Deal 3).
You may order a single processor plus the SSD (Deal 1 or Deal 2 plus Deal 3).

Deal 1
Intel® Core™ i7-4790K Desktop Processor
Premium performance for your most demanding tasks

Clock speed: 4.0 GHz (up to 4.4 GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0)
4 cores, 8 threads
0.22 nm microarchitecture
LGA 1150, 88W TDP
8 MB Intel® Smart Cache
Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0
Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology
Intel® HD Graphics 4600

Pricing:
Legends: $79.00 USD
Masters: $99.00 USD
Apprentices: $114.00 USD

Deal 2
Intel® Core™ i7-5930K Desktop Processor
Unlock your full potential with maximized speed

Clock speed: 3.5 GHz (up to 3.7 GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0)
6 cores, 12 threads
0.22 nm microarchitecture
LGA 2011-v3, 140W TDP
15 MB Intel® Smart Cache
Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0
Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology

Pricing:
Legends: $159.00 USD
Masters: $179.00 USD
Apprentices: $194.00 USD

Deal 3
Intel® SSD 750 Series (400 GB)
Experience performance unleashed
400 GB capacity
2.5-inch form factor
Up to 2,200 MB/s sustained sequential reads
Up to 900 MB/s sustained sequential writes
PCI Express Generation 3 x4 interface

Steam Wallet* Code
Deal bonus! Order this amazing solid-state drive and score a $25 Steam Wallet* Code!

Legend bonus! The first 100 Legends to order will receive a $50 Steam Wallet* Code!

Pricing:
Legends: $289.00 USD
Masters: $299.00 USD
Apprentices: $309.00 USD

Shipping
$38 USD to Canada, excluding taxes; without duty (IIRC because USPS) With duties (shipped with UPS. Taxes + $10CAD brokerage fee to Toronto in my last 2 orders, see post #9 for image).

Approved Retail Chains
(credits: Gurren)
This list has been revised since 2014, double check if you're eligible!
Members must be employed at the time of all aspects of participation in the Program (or parts thereof) at a physical retail location or online sales/call center at an approved retail chain. Members at a Deactivated Retail Chain (see below) are not eligible. The list of Approved Retail Chains and Call Centers is:

AARON'S
ABC WAREHOUSE
ABT ELECTRONICS
ACTIONLINK
ADORAMA
ALTEX ELECTRONICS
APPLE RETAIL STORE
ASN DEPOT
AT&T
B&H PHOTO VIDEO & PRO AUDIO
BCOM COMPUTER CENTRE
BEST BUY (CANADA)
BEST BUY (USA)
BEST BUY MOBILE (CANADA)
BEST BUY MOBILE (USA)
BJ'S WHOLESALE CLUB
BRANDSMART USA
CANADA COMPUTERS
CDW
CDW CALL CENTERS
CENTRAL COMPUTERS
COMPUTER STOP
CONN'S
COSTCO
CYBERPOWER
DATAVISION
DELL
DELL - MDM
DIGILINK COMPUTERS
DIRECTRON
ELECTRONIC EXPRESS
FAMSA
FRY'S ELECTRONICS
GATEWAY
GEEK SQUAD
HHGREGG
HP
HP-HHO
HP-SMB
HSN
IBUYPOWER
INSIGHT
INSIGHT CALL CENTERS
INTREX
KEHTRON COMPUTERS
LA CURACAO
LENOVO
LENOVO HQ
LONDON DRUGS
MARKETSOURCE – HP
MARKETSTAR – HP
MDG COMPUTERS CANADA
MEMORY EXPRESS
MICRO CENTER
MICROBYTES
MICROSOFT STORE (USA)
MICROSOFT STORE (Canada)
MILWAUKEE PC
MOSAIC – HP
MOSAIC – MICROSOFT
NCIX.COM/NETLINK COMPUTER
NEBRASKA FURNITURE MART
NEWEGG
NEXCOM
OFFICE DEPOT
OFFICEMAX
PC CONNECTION
PC LAPTOPS
PC VILLAGE
PCM
PRIORITY COMPUTER SYSTEMS
PURCHASING POWER
QVC
RADIOSHACK
RAKUTEN.COM
RENT-A-CENTER
ROGERS
SAM'S CLUB
SAMSUNG
SEARS
SHAW CABLE
STAPLES
STAPLES CANADA, INC
SUPERIOR COMPUTERS
SUPERIOR PC SYSTEMS
TARGET
TECH ADVANCED COMPUTERS
TELUS
THE SOURCE
TigerDirect.com Call Center
TigerDirect.com Retail Store
T-MOBILE
TOSHIBA
VISIONS
VIZIO
WAL-MART (CANADA)
WAL-MART (USA)
247 replies
Jun 25, 2009
684 posts
392 upvotes
Toronto
nice nice, i hate the shipping costs though $30. and you always get randomly dinged for duties
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
2951 posts
1061 upvotes
I can't load that page. Do I need to do some training or something?? How long is this for... if I spend a bunch of time with those trainings will I run out of time? I'd like to get that proc so I can build a better server...
Jan 6, 2008
357 posts
130 upvotes
Ottawa
The SSD is straight up cheaper from newegg.
Nov 26, 2015
21 posts
6 upvotes
About 15 learning activities are available now to complete
Last 3 required learning activities will be available December 7.
Activities aren't really hard so it might take up 2 hours max to complete it if you're taking your time

So seems like you can start buying it December 7 and it ends January 7. (Someone confirm please)

Last Winter deal, I bought the 4790k. I live in montreal. Came from Ups and brokerage fee was 29.01$
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2011
1446 posts
1665 upvotes
Toronto
ValendiaKnight wrote: nice nice, i hate the shipping costs though $30. and you always get randomly dinged for duties
Duties and taxes are also about $30 CAD. See post 9

vodka wrote: I can't load that page. Do I need to do some training or something?? How long is this for... if I spend a bunch of time with those trainings will I run out of time? I'd like to get that proc so I can build a better server...
Yea, you'll need to do the trainings. You need to be a RetailEdge member first. You also need to be active on the program for at least 3 months as the Novice status level is excluded from the deal. The deal will open on December 10th and go on until January 7th, or when products run out.
magixx wrote: The SSD is straight up cheaper from newegg.
Yep. Super terrible price. But can't complain as the IREP program is phenomenal with their drawings and their processor deals. Can't win 'em all :'(
Sep 29, 2014
782 posts
565 upvotes
GTA
ValendiaKnight wrote: nice nice, i hate the shipping costs though $30. and you always get randomly dinged for duties
Nah, UPS never forgets to screw you with duties. Also try closer to $50 after currency conversion
The SSD while itself is a great performer the price is terrible, literally more than market value.
And come on...400GB ?

Not sure why OP's post mentions USPS, when from what IRC and the complaints on the forum they ship it out via UPS.
Nov 26, 2015
3 posts
Cochrane, AB
Damn that's a crazy price for the 4790. Can someone buy one for me and I'd pay them a commission if that is allowed.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2011
1446 posts
1665 upvotes
Toronto
D50M83 wrote: Nah, UPS never forgets to screw you with duties. Also try closer to $50 after currency conversion
The SSD while itself is a great performer the price is terrible, literally more than market value.
And come on...400GB ?

Not sure why OP's post mentions USPS, when from what IIRC and the complaints on the forum they ship it out via UPS.
Sorry guys, I was wrong. They ship with UPS, and I did get charged duties. I've attached a copy of my UPS bill below:

Posts have been edited to reflect this.

$10 brokerage fees
Rest was taxes (and taxed on duties...)
Nov 17, 2008
535 posts
9 upvotes
Halifax, NS
Was really hoping (and holding out) for a Skylake deal. I am dissapoint.
Sep 29, 2014
782 posts
565 upvotes
GTA
SinCron wrote: Was really hoping (and holding out) for a Skylake deal. I am dissapoint.
The deals are still good, but I feel there is no compelling reason to upgrade.

There are rumors that these chips will be released sometime next year.

I know intel watches places like ebay and others to make sure people don't resell them.
Technically speaking, the terms never mention it all they say is you are forbidden to resell these.
But what if you get a 5930K with this Holiday bundle and decided to upgrade to 6900K which shares the same socket in the future.
How would they treat such a situation ?
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2011
1446 posts
1665 upvotes
Toronto
D50M83 wrote: The deals are still good, but I feel there is no compelling reason to upgrade.

There are rumors that these chips will be released sometime next year.

I know intel watches places like ebay and others to make sure people don't resell them.
Technically speaking, the terms never mention it all they say is you are forbidden to resell these.
But what if you get a 5930K with this Holiday bundle and decided to upgrade to 6900K which shares the same socket in the future.
How would they treat such a situation ?
I guess that scenario would be okay. You used it for your personal consumption, and when you were done, got rid of it.

But they don't want us reselling them BNIB.
Oct 4, 2015
482 posts
617 upvotes
Mississauga
I dont work at CC anymore... :(
I'd hop on the Deal 1 if I still did though, a great offer just like last years.
Bezos' Banana Boy. A banana a day, keeps me from throwing my laptop away.
Corporate Food Vulture, if you know, you know.

Public Mobile 4GB/$40 -> Koodo (6GB+2GB)/$40 -> Telus 30GB/$35 -> Rogers 75GB US/CAN/$40 -> Rogers 130GB US/CAN $28.66
Nov 17, 2008
535 posts
9 upvotes
Halifax, NS
My comp is six years old so I kinda need a new build soon.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2004
3807 posts
757 upvotes
Vancouver
Brace yourself
new empolyees asking how to order it and
begging fest for hook up, begins...Every year, same talks.
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
3462 posts
1108 upvotes
GTA
Got into the program this year, grinded for master, and now there isn't anything I'm interested in :(
Was hoping for a 6k + mobo combo, but I doubt we'll ever see one of those again. Looks like I'm holding onto this godly 2500k for another year :D
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2004
3807 posts
757 upvotes
Vancouver
Zyphur wrote: Got into the program this year, grinded for master, and now there isn't anything I'm interested in :(
Was hoping for a 6k + mobo combo, but I doubt we'll ever see one of those again. Looks like I'm holding onto this godly 2500k for another year :D
Intel doesn't make motherboard anymore, at least not the type you would buy. Highly unlikely there will ever be cpu/mobo combo deal ever again
Nov 4, 2015
436 posts
217 upvotes
T.O
damn this makes that tigerdirect deal look so average... could've saved so much MORE considering I have a friend working at bestbuy
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
4397 posts
10584 upvotes
Visions is now a part of that list too