Tags:
None
14 replies
Deal Guru
Jul 15, 2008
10543 posts
4141 upvotes
Toronto
The sound quality can't be good right....
Oct 19, 2004
67 posts
Markham
It really depends what material you place on, I had very good sound on sandstone countertop and glass table. For sure it can't beat your home theatre, but I love this new concept to play music around different material.
Oct 19, 2004
67 posts
Markham
Supercooled wrote: Seems gimmicky like those Pringles speakers. For $69, you are a brave soul. Something that small can't possibly put out much wattage.
This one is actually heavy as an iron in your hand, not like those traditional speakers, I saw FS is selling some thing similar with less features at $75.
Oct 19, 2004
67 posts
Markham
farkaland wrote: OP plz buy and upload a video showing how well it works....not really interested in spending up to $70 on something like this without seeing it in action

I saw this new concept at my friend's home, he got one in Sweden last year, I think this is the link...

http://www.paddytek.se/prod_paddyvibe.php
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2008
4669 posts
752 upvotes
Scarborough
Saw something similar to this at CNE last year. Also is there an actual store or is this only available via kijiji? Wouldn't this sorta fall under 'private sale'?
Help Contribute to our Wedding Fund :) A wise fortune cookie once told me this:
"A bargain is something you don't need at a price you can't resist"
FS: Christmas Window Decor :lol:
FS: 10mm H&R Trak+ wheel spacers, 5x100/112, 57.1c/b
Banned
Oct 19, 2010
7433 posts
1142 upvotes
Mississauga East
what would happen if you mount it in your head?
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2006
1295 posts
44 upvotes
1. attach it to a skateboard
2. play "let the body hit the floor"
3. enjoy the jealous look on other pedestrians face
Banned
Nov 28, 2006
1104 posts
103 upvotes
I was looking for one of these last year and after an exhaustive search I settled on the Wowee One (not cheap but has the best reviews on amazon, lots of reviews on youtube): http://www.woweeone.com/shop/

Overall I wasn't blown away (the effect really only applies to the bass, so the highs and mids are only as good as the speaker inside the unit -- it's small so you can't expect much) but I still use it as my main portable speaker (and that's really the biggest selling aspect of this thing -- size and convenience).
Jun 21, 2005
39 posts
8 upvotes
The speaker actually has very good quality. I got one myself. However, it really does depend on the surface. I find when i place it on my nightstand (mahogany) it sounds almost like surround sound. Wattage doesnt make much of a difference because it is not emitting the sound directly.

One of the worst surfaces was the windshield of my car. It vibrated so much that it sounded pretty bad. Plus you woud have to use the stand it comes with that has a suction cup to the glass. This really reduces the quality of the sound.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)