Tags:
None
[OP]
Apr 6, 2006
53 posts
Toronto

Interior Door Handles - Bulk Purchase?

Hello,

I need to replace all the interior door handles in my home, as they are quite worn out and ugly. Since I have so many to replace I'm looking for a decent deal. I've checked the usual places (Home Depot, Rona, Lowe's, Canadian Tire, etc.) and prices range from $15 (not the nicest looking) to $50 each. Does anybody have any suggestion of other places I could check out? Preferrably in Canada (i.e. not ebay shipped from China), with a return policy.

Thanks.
22 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
17338 posts
3689 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
I saw a whole rack of rona branded interior and exterior door handles on clearance at the stockyards rona. I don't remember the prices but I recall most seemed to be around 50% off. You may or may not like the design or they may or may not have enough for you to do every door... ymmv. There was also, at least a week or so ago, a whole table of interior weiser and schlage handles on a clearance table at the stockards HD at the back of the tools section.
[OP]
Apr 6, 2006
53 posts
Toronto
BinaryJay wrote:
Aug 24th, 2012 10:06 am
I saw a whole rack of rona branded interior and exterior door handles on clearance at the stockyards rona. I don't remember the prices but I recall most seemed to be around 50% off. You may or may not like the design or they may or may not have enough for you to do every door... ymmv. There was also, at least a week or so ago, a whole table of interior weiser and schlage handles on a clearance table at the stockards HD at the back of the tools section.
Thanks. I did see that, but unfortunately they didn't have the quantities I was looking for (about 15 privacy, 10 passage).
Deal Fanatic
May 12, 2004
9030 posts
3117 upvotes
Ottawa
Are you in a rush?

Every once in a while Rona has huge skids of handles in front next to the contractor counter for really cheap. I think I picked up a couple dozen (very similar to the pic above) for about $5 each marked down from ~$18 one time. If you keep an eye open pretty sure you'll see them at some point. I've seen these skids at least twice a year.
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
- Mark Twain
[OP]
Apr 6, 2006
53 posts
Toronto
Cas77 wrote:
Aug 24th, 2012 12:05 pm
Are you in a rush?

Every once in a while Rona has huge skids of handles in front next to the contractor counter for really cheap. I think I picked up a couple dozen (very similar to the pic above) for about $5 each marked down from ~$18 one time. If you keep an eye open pretty sure you'll see them at some point. I've seen these skids at least twice a year.
$5 is an amazing price. No rush, though not sure if I'll get so lucky.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
6052 posts
1023 upvotes
Mississauga
Cas77 wrote:
Aug 24th, 2012 12:05 pm
Are you in a rush?

Every once in a while Rona has huge skids of handles in front next to the contractor counter for really cheap. I think I picked up a couple dozen (very similar to the pic above) for about $5 each marked down from ~$18 one time.
I've also seen those at Rona and I know they weren't name brand like Wieser, Schlage, Baldwin. I was also looking for about 20 sets which is why I remember, so where not comparing apples to apples price wise.
Deal Fanatic
May 12, 2004
9030 posts
3117 upvotes
Ottawa
Maymybonneliveforever wrote:
Aug 24th, 2012 1:08 pm
I've also seen those at Rona and I know they weren't name brand like Wieser, Schlage, Baldwin. I was also looking for about 20 sets which is why I remember, so where not comparing apples to apples price wise.
Where did the OP say he was looking for brand name knobs?
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
- Mark Twain
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
6052 posts
1023 upvotes
Mississauga
Cas77 wrote:
Aug 24th, 2012 5:12 pm
Where did the OP say he was looking for brand name knobs?
When EA5055 (OP) posts a link with a statement below such as "I meant something like this" and the link opens up to post Schlage Non-locking Interior - Hall & Closet Lever, Avanti Antique Pewter, I think it's safe to say, the indication is that they were looking at quality at least as good as Schlage. The ones I saw at Rona didn't come close in quality to a $45.00 handset. To me that's not comparing apples to apples when quality isn't comparable.

Sorry Cas77, no offense, we're only here to help each other out.

EA5055 wrote:
Aug 24th, 2012 10:48 am
Thanks, but I meant something like this:

http://www.homedepot.ca/product/non-loc ... ter/930462

[IMG]http://www.homedepot.ca/wcsstore/HomeDe ... 24dd_4.jpg[/IMG]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 4, 2009
7670 posts
764 upvotes
North York
$15 per handle set is not too much for 25 sets. The Rona $15 handlesets are great.

Why risk getting mismatched/end-of line/returns for $5.

If I was going to the trouble of replacing all the handles, inside the house, I'd would want them them mis-matched. (By anychance is OP replacing the doors too?)
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2009
3558 posts
435 upvotes
Aurora
Barcres.com
"I'm a bit upset. I've been grab by the back without any alert and lubrification"
Lucky
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
6052 posts
1023 upvotes
Mississauga
EA5055:

If you're looking for the best price on locksets this is where I bought about 20 sets and had them shipped to CBI in Niagara Falls and it cost me $5.95 for them to receive the whole shipment which was one large box. Without question Weiser is good quality and so far I haven't found anyone come close to there pricing. Below is an example;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-Weiser-Avalon ... 519cdb813a

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-Weiser-Trapan ... 3f12821c02

[IMG]http://i.ebayimg.com/t/6-Weiser-Avalon- ... ~~60_1.JPG[/IMG]

6 Weiser Avalon Nickel Passage Privacy Levers Oval

US $57.80 Buy it Now
Shipping: $15.00

They combine shipping and by the way, that's what Home Depot wants for one set including the Rosette, you're getting six sets for the same price. They have quite a few listings like below and they constantly change there listing to include different sets.

[IMG]http://i.ebayimg.com/t/6-Weiser-Commnwe ... ~~60_1.JPG[/IMG]
Jan 8, 2009
971 posts
136 upvotes
Brampton
^ what is the website. Tried searching for "The Lockset Discounters" and it takes me to ebay. Did you buy from ebay?