Tags:
None
[OP]
Apr 6, 2006
53 posts
Toronto

Interior Door Handles - Bulk Purchase?

Hello,

I need to replace all the interior door handles in my home, as they are quite worn out and ugly. Since I have so many to replace I'm looking for a decent deal. I've checked the usual places (Home Depot, Rona, Lowe's, Canadian Tire, etc.) and prices range from $15 (not the nicest looking) to $50 each. Does anybody have any suggestion of other places I could check out? Preferrably in Canada (i.e. not ebay shipped from China), with a return policy.

Thanks.
22 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
16788 posts
3119 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
I saw a whole rack of rona branded interior and exterior door handles on clearance at the stockyards rona. I don't remember the prices but I recall most seemed to be around 50% off. You may or may not like the design or they may or may not have enough for you to do every door... ymmv. There was also, at least a week or so ago, a whole table of interior weiser and schlage handles on a clearance table at the stockards HD at the back of the tools section.
[OP]
Apr 6, 2006
53 posts
Toronto
BinaryJay wrote:
Aug 24th, 2012 10:06 am
I saw a whole rack of rona branded interior and exterior door handles on clearance at the stockyards rona. I don't remember the prices but I recall most seemed to be around 50% off. You may or may not like the design or they may or may not have enough for you to do every door... ymmv. There was also, at least a week or so ago, a whole table of interior weiser and schlage handles on a clearance table at the stockards HD at the back of the tools section.
Thanks. I did see that, but unfortunately they didn't have the quantities I was looking for (about 15 privacy, 10 passage).
Deal Fanatic
May 12, 2004
8349 posts
2507 upvotes
Ottawa
Are you in a rush?

Every once in a while Rona has huge skids of handles in front next to the contractor counter for really cheap. I think I picked up a couple dozen (very similar to the pic above) for about $5 each marked down from ~$18 one time. If you keep an eye open pretty sure you'll see them at some point. I've seen these skids at least twice a year.
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
- Mark Twain
[OP]
Apr 6, 2006
53 posts
Toronto
Cas77 wrote:
Aug 24th, 2012 12:05 pm
Are you in a rush?

Every once in a while Rona has huge skids of handles in front next to the contractor counter for really cheap. I think I picked up a couple dozen (very similar to the pic above) for about $5 each marked down from ~$18 one time. If you keep an eye open pretty sure you'll see them at some point. I've seen these skids at least twice a year.
$5 is an amazing price. No rush, though not sure if I'll get so lucky.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
6029 posts
972 upvotes
Mississauga
Cas77 wrote:
Aug 24th, 2012 12:05 pm
Are you in a rush?

Every once in a while Rona has huge skids of handles in front next to the contractor counter for really cheap. I think I picked up a couple dozen (very similar to the pic above) for about $5 each marked down from ~$18 one time.
I've also seen those at Rona and I know they weren't name brand like Wieser, Schlage, Baldwin. I was also looking for about 20 sets which is why I remember, so where not comparing apples to apples price wise.
Deal Fanatic
May 12, 2004
8349 posts
2507 upvotes
Ottawa
Maymybonneliveforever wrote:
Aug 24th, 2012 1:08 pm
I've also seen those at Rona and I know they weren't name brand like Wieser, Schlage, Baldwin. I was also looking for about 20 sets which is why I remember, so where not comparing apples to apples price wise.
Where did the OP say he was looking for brand name knobs?
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
- Mark Twain
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
6029 posts
972 upvotes
Mississauga
Cas77 wrote:
Aug 24th, 2012 5:12 pm
Where did the OP say he was looking for brand name knobs?
When EA5055 (OP) posts a link with a statement below such as "I meant something like this" and the link opens up to post Schlage Non-locking Interior - Hall & Closet Lever, Avanti Antique Pewter, I think it's safe to say, the indication is that they were looking at quality at least as good as Schlage. The ones I saw at Rona didn't come close in quality to a $45.00 handset. To me that's not comparing apples to apples when quality isn't comparable.

Sorry Cas77, no offense, we're only here to help each other out.

EA5055 wrote:
Aug 24th, 2012 10:48 am
Thanks, but I meant something like this:

http://www.homedepot.ca/product/non-loc ... ter/930462

Deal Fanatic
Apr 4, 2009
7666 posts
761 upvotes
North York
$15 per handle set is not too much for 25 sets. The Rona $15 handlesets are great.

Why risk getting mismatched/end-of line/returns for $5.

If I was going to the trouble of replacing all the handles, inside the house, I'd would want them them mis-matched. (By anychance is OP replacing the doors too?)
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2009
3474 posts
407 upvotes
Aurora
Barcres.com
That's the end of my rant.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
6029 posts
972 upvotes
Mississauga
EA5055:

If you're looking for the best price on locksets this is where I bought about 20 sets and had them shipped to CBI in Niagara Falls and it cost me $5.95 for them to receive the whole shipment which was one large box. Without question Weiser is good quality and so far I haven't found anyone come close to there pricing. Below is an example;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-Weiser-Avalon ... 519cdb813a

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-Weiser-Trapan ... 3f12821c02

6 Weiser Avalon Nickel Passage Privacy Levers Oval

US $57.80 Buy it Now
Shipping: $15.00

They combine shipping and by the way, that's what Home Depot wants for one set including the Rosette, you're getting six sets for the same price. They have quite a few listings like below and they constantly change there listing to include different sets.

Jan 8, 2009
905 posts
126 upvotes
Brampton
^ what is the website. Tried searching for "The Lockset Discounters" and it takes me to ebay. Did you buy from ebay?
× < >