[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2007
2957 posts
673 upvotes
Northern Hemisphere

Interior and exterior car wash

Hello rfders,

Anyone know a carwash place with a great price on cleaning both interior and exterior? Cheapest I've found was $30 but the review is terrible.

Preferably in Scarb or Markham area.
For wars they come and go, but my soldiers stay eternal.- Tupac
9 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jun 17, 2013
5120 posts
1488 upvotes
Montreal
fboybcb wrote:
Jun 14th, 2015 1:16 pm
Hello rfders,

Anyone know a carwash place with a great price on cleaning both interior and exterior? Cheapest I've found was $30 but the review is terrible.

What are you looking to get done and what's your budget?

If you want your car new again, depending on condition be prepared to pay $250-$500
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2007
2957 posts
673 upvotes
Northern Hemisphere
neverhaveiever wrote:
Jun 14th, 2015 1:50 pm
What are you looking to get done and what's your budget?

If you want your car new again, depending on condition be prepared to pay $250-$500
Doesn't have to be squeaky clean. Want to get it waxed and also vacuumed for the interior.
Jun 21, 2011
523 posts
37 upvotes
Leask
CTC does detailing for around $210 .. thats the avg price for the local CTC stores around me! IMO cheapest detailing around .. the other places in town charge $220+
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
6777 posts
2864 upvotes
Kootenays
In my area, I pay $185 for full exterior wash, wax, polish, including wheels & tires and interior clean and shampoo. My guy will also do paint chip touch-up with the OEM paint that I supply. It takes them all day, so I'm good with the price. Coming home last year from them, I stopped for my mail and a neighbour asked if I bought a new car. :D I have an appointment for the 18th to do it again.
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11420 posts
2396 upvotes
Montreal
fboybcb wrote:
Jun 14th, 2015 2:45 pm
Doesn't have to be squeaky clean. Want to get it waxed and also vacuumed for the interior.
Considering your budget seems to be around 30$, you're better off buying a premium auto car wash pass for 12$ or so, and then dropping a coin in those vacuum machines outside of car washes to vacuum the interior yourself.

You'll get a lot more bang than you would have at paying someone 30$ to wash both outside and inside your car. How do you think they make any money off you? By doing a crappy job, of course.

Frankly, I've only seen women want to pay someone else to vacuum the interior of a car.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2007
2957 posts
673 upvotes
Northern Hemisphere
alkizmo wrote:
Jun 14th, 2015 4:23 pm
Considering your budget seems to be around 30$, you're better off buying a premium auto car wash pass for 12$ or so, and then dropping a coin in those vacuum machines outside of car washes to vacuum the interior yourself.

You'll get a lot more bang than you would have at paying someone 30$ to wash both outside and inside your car. How do you think they make any money off you? By doing a crappy job, of course.

Frankly, I've only seen women want to pay someone else to vacuum the interior of a car.

Your correct on this as I am helping a female friend ask about this. If it was me I'd do everything myself but seeing she doesn't want to the best solution is to find a place for her. Her budget is under $100.
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11420 posts
2396 upvotes
Montreal
fboybcb wrote:
Jun 14th, 2015 4:33 pm
Your correct on this as I am helping a female friend ask about this. If it was me I'd do everything myself but seeing she doesn't want to the best solution is to find a place for her. Her budget is under $100.
Women are messy aren't they? My wife's car is a garbage can on wheels. Fortunately, I convinced her to clean her own car. All she requires a man to do is to take out the cleaning supplies for her (shop vac + stuff).

Is your friend expecting the handwash service to include taking out the trash? Because she better not have left any important receipts, bills, documents or whatever laying around.
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
21262 posts
2084 upvotes
fboybcb wrote:
Jun 14th, 2015 1:16 pm
Hello rfders,

$30 is essentially supplies for a proper detail. I would not expect much more than a shampoo wash/dry and quick vac.
May 28, 2005
416 posts
54 upvotes
Toronto
You can try Isaac's mobile wash. 416-400-6130. We've used him a couple times at our work place, all he needs is an electrical outlet, he brings his own stuff including water. My colleagues and I have been pretty pleased with his work. Last I checked he charges about $60 for regular car (interior vacuum & clean, exterior wash, windows cleaned, etc). $70 for SUVs/Vans. Shampoo I believe was extra, and he has other packages too.