None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2006
8714 posts
572 upvotes
Vancouver

Interjet?

Has anyone flown with Interjet lately? I am reading they are in trouble financially and they planes that have been grounded for various amounts of time. As well the planes are apparently Russian made;

thanks
10 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
3757 posts
339 upvotes
Niagara-on-the-Lake
trellaine201 wrote:
Mar 14th, 2018 11:05 pm
Has anyone flown with Interjet lately? I am reading they are in trouble financially and they planes that have been grounded for various amounts of time. As well the planes are apparently Russian made;

thanks
I know they fly A320s into Toronto and Montreal which are definitely not Russian made :).
The Superjet is made by Sukhoi and I'd trust that.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2006
8714 posts
572 upvotes
Vancouver
Typhoonz wrote:
Mar 14th, 2018 11:24 pm
I know they fly A320s into Toronto and Montreal which are definitely not Russian made :).
The Superjet is made by Sukhoi and I'd trust that.

Hmmm
Four of the Mexican airline's Sukhoi Superjet 100s — out of a fleet of 22 — have been grounded for at least five months because of engine maintenance delays. The Russian-made aircraft, which average just 4 years old, are now being cannibalized, an industry term for when a plane is slowly scrapped for parts to keep other jets running.
Nov 3, 2009
104 posts
9 upvotes
Wow. Didnt realize all this was happening. We flew with them Toronto - Cancun back in December and the flight was excellent. Clean, spacious and excellent service.

They had snacks and a nice meal with a lot of alcoholic choices, and they came back for seconds.

I was really impressed and the price for a return ticket (less than $400) was a great deal.

This news is concerning.
Oct 23, 2017
406 posts
177 upvotes
GTA West
They fly the Sukhoi Superjet 100 which is Russian made, but has many western subsystems and is considered to be a well-designed and built aircraft by the aviation press. I have not seen any specific safety concerns being discussed.

The problem with this plane is reported to be poor manufacturer support and parts availability. It was reported that Interjet had to use some planes for parts to keep others flying. That is one reason why major airlines stick with Boeing and Airbus since support, parts, and pilots are widely available around the world.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
3757 posts
339 upvotes
Niagara-on-the-Lake
They way I look at it is if the aircraft is allowed in US/European airspace it's meeting required safety standards.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2006
8714 posts
572 upvotes
Vancouver
Yeah I agree. I'm just a bit paranoid lol. They wouldn't let a plane fly if it wasn't up to standards...I think lol

Thanks
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2006
3542 posts
132 upvotes
Mississauga
The SSJ is far from the Soviet era jets. It's brand new modern regional jet design, meets all safety and noise regulations.
I haven't been keeping up with the news regarding customer service issues, but if that's an issue, they need to get their act together if they are serious about getting sales outside the CIS region.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
4622 posts
270 upvotes
Toronto
The Sukhoi does not fly to Toronto - as another poster mentioned, it's Airbus A320's that are flown to/from Toronto.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 12, 2007
5997 posts
654 upvotes
Greely
I’ll be flying with them in May, from Cancun to Montreal.. it’s an Airbus 320 though.