Site Comments & Suggestions

Intermittent Log-in/Time-out (504) Issue (06/25/2018)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 16th, 2019 7:46 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
10455 posts
16742 upvotes
Scarborough
edstone wrote:
Jul 24th, 2018 12:47 pm
I've been having this issue on and off for a few days.

Using the Forums App and also the website, logging in with a username and password.

It's really frustrating.
I completely understand your frustration and apologize that the issue has yet to be resolved. I'm on the website a lot and get the error periodically throughout the day so I know how annoying it can be. I've sent another inquiry in this week to see if we're any closer to resolving the issue. I'll post an update soon.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Banned
Dec 25, 2017
686 posts
479 upvotes
Rockwood
Over a month with this on going issue and no resolution, seems like a great job to have.
May 27, 2018
120 posts
73 upvotes
I keep getting both log-in issues pop-up and the 504 gate way time out errors a lot lately. At first I thought it was my computer but I also get it on my phone.
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2017
1858 posts
1274 upvotes
I've been having this issue for a month now. Took 3 login attempts this morning before I could successfully login.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 23, 2008
7717 posts
4527 upvotes
Edmonton
TomRFD wrote:
Jun 25th, 2018 11:11 am
We've received reports of intermittent log-in issues from some of our users. If you are unable to log into RedFlagDeals.com, please email support@redflagdeals.com with:

• your username
  • if you are logging in via Facebook or with a username and password
  • if you are logging in on the app or on the web
  • how long you’ve been having login issues
  • have you been able to log in at all during that period or are the issues are just sporadic
CNeufeld
Logged in with username/password
Logged in on website
Came back up as soon as I logged in, don't know how long it was unavailable
Sporadic. Multiple times a day. But then good for hours in between.

I've also been getting the 504 Timeout error more often than I'd like when trying to post, usually.

C
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
1329 posts
293 upvotes
Toronto
Man, it took me like 6 tries to log in just now. I kept getting a red error message (I can't remember what it said) or the 504 Gateway Time-out.
P10 2.4 THz CPU || 8 TB Ram || WD 300 TB HD || Nvidia w/ 32 TB Memory

"You're only as dumb as you look"
Jun 13, 2018
286 posts
193 upvotes
This was the 2nd time i was locked out. My user name showed but no activity other than an unregistered guest. 3 times I manually entered my password, no go. Used forgot password to reset to sign on. Logged on the web page thru Chrome.
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2004
4595 posts
311 upvotes
Toronto
Been getting Error 504 for 2-3 days. Every once a while got kicked out and had to re-login.
Images
  • 2018-07-26 18_06_38-https___www.redflagdeals.com_user_login_ - Opera.png
h2o- a.k.a. 阿水 (Ah Sui)

Banned
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8470 upvotes
GTHA
Got this error when I tried to login after getting kicked out.
Sorry, we had problems logging you in. Please correct the errors below:

Could not update user. Please contact support.<br />Could not connect to YellowID.<br><pre>#0 /var/sites/redflagdeals.com/web.26.4.0.6/src/Rfd/YellowidBundle/YellowidApi.php(508): Rfd\YellowidBundle\YellowidApi->request('POST', '/authentication...', Array) #1 /var/sites/redflagdeals.com/web.26.4.0.6/src/Rfd/YellowidBundle/EventListener/YidUserEventListener.php(144): Rfd\YellowidBundle\YellowidApi->UpdateUser(Object(Rfd\YellowidBundle\YIDUserAccount)) #2 [internal function]: Rfd\YellowidBundle\EventListener\YidUserEventListener->updateUser(Object(Rfd\YellowidBundle\Event\UpdateUserEvent), 'yellowid.user.u...', Object(Symfony\Component\EventDispatcher\ContainerAwareEventDispatcher)) #3 /var/sites/redflagdeals.com/web.26.4.0.6/vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/EventDispatcher/EventDispatcher.php(184): call_user_func(Array, Object(Rfd\YellowidBundle\Event\UpdateUserEvent), 'yellowid.user.u...', Object(Symfony\Component\EventDispatcher\ContainerAwareEventDispatcher)) #4 /var/sites/redflagdeals.com/web.26.4.0.6/vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/EventDispatcher/EventDispatcher.php(46): Symfony\Component\EventDispatcher\EventDispatcher->doDispatch(Array, 'yellowid.user.u...', Object(Rfd\YellowidBundle\Event\UpdateUserEvent)) #5 /var/sites/redflagdeals.com/web.26.4.0.6/src/Rfd/WwwBundle/Controller/Users/AccountManagementController.php(331): Symfony\Component\EventDispatcher\EventDispatcher->dispatch('yellowid.user.u...', Object(Rfd\YellowidBundle\Event\UpdateUserEvent)) #6 /var/sites/redflagdeals.com/web.26.4.0.6/src/Rfd/WwwBundle/Controller/Responsive/Users/ResponsiveAccountManagementController.php(11): Rfd\WwwBundle\Controller\Users\AccountManagementController->buildLoginTemplateVariables() #7 [internal function]: Rfd\WwwBundle\Controller\Responsive\Users\ResponsiveAccountManagementController->loginAction() #8 /var/sites/redflagdeals.com/web.26.4.0.6/apps/bootstrap.php.cache(3238): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #9 /var/sites/redflagdeals.com/web.26.4.0.6/apps/bootstrap.php.cache(3197): Symfony\Component\HttpKernel\HttpKernel->handleRaw(Object(Symfony\Component\HttpFoundation\Request), 1) #10 /var/sites/redflagdeals.com/web.26.4.0.6/apps/bootstrap.php.cache(3351): Symfony\Component\HttpKernel\HttpKernel->handle(Object(Symfony\Component\HttpFoundation\Request), 1, true) #11 /var/sites/redflagdeals.com/web.26.4.0.6/apps/bootstrap.php.cache(2536): Symfony\Component\HttpKernel\DependencyInjection\ContainerAwareHttpKernel->handle(Object(Symfony\Component\HttpFoundation\Request), 1, true) #12 /var/sites/redflagdeals.com/web.26.4.0.6/apps/www/web/app.php(76): Symfony\Component\HttpKernel\Kernel->handle(Object(Symfony\Component\HttpFoundation\Request)) #13 {main}</pre>
Sep 27, 2003
9294 posts
2144 upvotes
Newmarket
tk1000 wrote:
Jul 27th, 2018 2:46 pm
Got this error when I tried to login after getting kicked out.
Not uncommon when the RFD login service is down.
RFD Forums Moderator
Corporate Account Manager for a Bell Mobility Reseller
Apr 23, 2018
2 posts
I don’t know how long this has been going on but I noticed last night that my account which has historically been connected to Facebook seemed to roll over to this new account? My previous account was shdwfx and for some reason I can’t access it now?
[OP]
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
10455 posts
16742 upvotes
Scarborough
hctang636383275576866482 wrote:
Jul 30th, 2018 2:20 pm
I don’t know how long this has been going on but I noticed last night that my account which has historically been connected to Facebook seemed to roll over to this new account? My previous account was shdwfx and for some reason I can’t access it now?
What happens when you try to log in via Facebook now?
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Jun 13, 2018
286 posts
193 upvotes
ritzcrv wrote:
Jul 26th, 2018 4:33 pm
This was the 2nd time i was locked out. My user name showed but no activity other than an unregistered guest. 3 times I manually entered my password, no go. Used forgot password to reset to sign on. Logged on the web page thru Chrome.
Just did the same, but didn't have to use reset password this time.