• Jul 18th, 2017 2:57 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2014
1900 posts
283 upvotes

International Student which course/city

Hi Fellow RFDers,
I hope some of you would be international students here or some of you might have experience in this matter hence asking this.
I am a settled professional in GTA area. My nephew ( 16 years in 2017) wish to come to Canada as an international student. He is in high school in his home country and will pass grade 12 next year . He has Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
I am thinking how to best help him .
1.We are not rich people so if we invest quite bit of money ( I guess international students fees is high) , we will like to see that there is a path to permanent residence. I heard that Ontario it is very difficult to get PR and some provinces like Nova Scotia or Manitoba etc offer something called PNP ( Provincial Nominee program) that international student can benefit from. I am even willing to move to such places with him if needed.
2. Is it good to come here as international student right after grade 12 to do some Post secondary diploma ( or even degree) or complete the degree in his home country and come here for Masters. because he will be 17 years when he passes 12 grade , what kind of course can we put into . If he takes any diploma kind of thing that is for 2 years. He will still not be 21 years when he passes his course to be eligible for PR but then getting PR after education needs some job as well even you go PNP way.
Not sure how to go about all this
Any ideas will be appreciated.
1 reply
Mar 26, 2013
274 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
Prince george british columbia, manitoba is good, alberta