• Last Updated:
  • Nov 17th, 2010 10:18 pm
Tags:
None
Apr 26, 2008
255 posts

internet connection help...

so i have my main computer, 2 wired and 2 wireless connected to my router

few days ago all the computers connected to my router lost connection but the main computer did not... i unplugged the router for 1 min then reconnected it, both wireless connection worked again but the wired connected computers still cant connect...

anyone here know wuts going?
4 replies
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29541 posts
20459 upvotes
I am a bit confused by your description of main computer. Does the main computer go through the router as well, if not how is it connected to the internet? To troubleshoot the router, just go into the router web page from what ever computer is connected successfully and see if the router is issuing IP addresses to each of the connected clients. If it is, then it's doing the job and the problem could be elsewhere. Check the back of the router, there may be a reset button that you could try to clear any potential seizures. Be aware that using the reset button will set all defaults to factory specs.
Apr 26, 2008
255 posts
will888 wrote: I am a bit confused by your description of main computer. Does the main computer go through the router as well, if not how is it connected to the internet? To troubleshoot the router, just go into the router web page from what ever computer is connected successfully and see if the router is issuing IP addresses to each of the connected clients. If it is, then it's doing the job and the problem could be elsewhere. Check the back of the router, there may be a reset button that you could try to clear any potential seizures. Be aware that using the reset button will set all defaults to factory specs.
yes, main comp (what i use) is connected to router as well... i will try the stuff here, ty for the help
Apr 26, 2008
255 posts
another wierd thing is that when i go task manager/networking i have see 2 local connections

'local area connection' status = disconected
'local area connection 2' status = connected

idk if this is normal or not :(
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2008
4945 posts
81 upvotes
York Region
rfd777 wrote: another wierd thing is that when i go task manager/networking i have see 2 local connections

'local area connection' status = disconected
'local area connection 2' status = connected

idk if this is normal or not :(

Yes because your motherboard has 2 ethernet ports.

It's fine. Doesn't matter.
Network Architect/Engineer - I.T. Professional
CCNP ENARSI

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)