Careers

Internship - best way to land a decent job?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 3rd, 2012 4:46 pm
Tags:
None
May 12, 2012
44 posts
56 upvotes
VANCOUVER

Internship - best way to land a decent job?

Here is my struggle,

I've been constantly switching back and forth trying to figure if I wanted to get into science or business path.
However I was told that for business it is much more harder; would it be best if I were to get an internship from school or is it possible to get a job without internship?
Another side note is that I am currently majoring in economics(since that's the class I enjoy the most) but been pushing it aside from what people who has told me about getting no career out of it.
1 reply
Feb 18, 2012
452 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto
mrcarter wrote: Here is my struggle,

I've been constantly switching back and forth trying to figure if I wanted to get into science or business path.
However I was told that for business it is much more harder; would it be best if I were to get an internship from school or is it possible to get a job without internship?
Another side note is that I am currently majoring in economics(since that's the class I enjoy the most) but been pushing it aside from what people who has told me about getting no career out of it.

It is possible to get a decent job in business without relevant internship experience, but it would be extremely difficult. I suggest that you get into a coop program. Unlike many internships, you could make almost enough money to pay for your school.