• Last Updated:
  • Mar 1st, 2017 11:40 pm
Tags:
Sep 22, 2005
957 posts
310 upvotes
BC

interpipeline dividend

The company web site says 0.135cad monthly. But I am getting 0.13636/share.

Anybody else on the same boat?
9 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1304 posts
960 upvotes
Cambridge,Ontario
With Investorline I get $0.135/share as a dividend and $0.0013666 /share listed as interest
Sep 22, 2005
957 posts
310 upvotes
BC
then it will be a headache for tax filing time of these extra interest payments?
yyz64 wrote: With Investorline I get $0.135/share as a dividend and $0.0013666 /share listed as interest
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1304 posts
960 upvotes
Cambridge,Ontario
I don't know what they do on the T5 but it seems to be something related to the premium drip plan which has a 101% component but I do receive a cash dividend payment.

$0.135 X 1.01= $0.13636

http://www.interpipeline.com/files/pdf/ ... 20Plan.pdf

"The new Shares purchased on the reinvestment of Dividends under the Premium Dividend™ Component
on behalf of Participants enrolled in the Premium Dividend™ Component will not be held under the Plan
by the Plan Agent or credited through CDS to the accounts of appropriate CDS Participants on behalf of
Eligible Shareholders who are enrolled in the Premium Dividend™ Component, but will instead be
delivered by the Plan Agent to the Plan Broker in exchange for the Premium Dividend™ in an amount
equal to 101% of the reinvested amount. The Plan Agent will in turn remit payment of the Premium
Dividend™ to Participants enrolled in the Premium Dividend™ Component in the same manner that
regular Dividends are paid by Inter Pipeline"
Sep 22, 2005
957 posts
310 upvotes
BC
I never participate the drip plan. Since January, I started to get 0.13636 a share. Last year, it was 0.13/share per month.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1304 posts
960 upvotes
Cambridge,Ontario
Neither did I but it appears they have me enrolled in the premium drip plan. I've been getting 101% / share since Nov 2016

Read the first paragraph in the link I provided

"This Premium Dividend™ and Dividend Reinvestment Plan (the "Plan") provides Eligible Shareholders
of Inter Pipeline Ltd. ("Inter Pipeline") with the opportunity to, at the Participant's election, either (i)
reinvest their Dividends in new Shares at a discount of between 0% and 5% to the Average Market Price
on the applicable Dividend payment date under the Dividend Reinvestment Component and have such
new Shares credited to the Participant's account, or (ii) reinvest their Dividends in new Shares at a 3%
discount to the Average Market Price on the applicable Dividend payment date under the Premium
Dividend™ Component, which new Shares will be disposed of under the Premium Dividend™
Component in exchange for a cash payment equal to 101% of the reinvested Dividends. Each component
of the Plan, which is explained in greater detail below, is subject to eligibility restrictions, applicable
withholding taxes and other limitations on the availability of new Shares in certain events.
Eligible Shareholders are not required to participate in the Plan. Eligible Shareholders who have
not elected to participate in the Plan will continue to receive their regular Dividends in the usual
manner.
In order to participate in either the Dividend Reinvestment Component or the Premium Dividend™
Component, an Eligible Shareholder must enroll in the Plan directly or indirectly through the broker,
investment dealer, financial institution or other nominee who holds Shares on the Eligible Shareholder's
behalf"
Sep 22, 2005
957 posts
310 upvotes
BC
yyz64, I read the link you provided but i dont understand what it talks about. So is it good? We are getting extra money?

yyz64 wrote: Neither did I but it appears they have me enrolled in the premium drip plan. I've been getting 101% / share since Nov 2016

Read the first paragraph in the link I provided

"This Premium Dividend™ and Dividend Reinvestment Plan (the "Plan") provides Eligible Shareholders
of Inter Pipeline Ltd. ("Inter Pipeline") with the opportunity to, at the Participant's election, either (i)
reinvest their Dividends in new Shares at a discount of between 0% and 5% to the Average Market Price
on the applicable Dividend payment date under the Dividend Reinvestment Component and have such
new Shares credited to the Participant's account, or (ii) reinvest their Dividends in new Shares at a 3%
discount to the Average Market Price on the applicable Dividend payment date under the Premium
Dividend™ Component, which new Shares will be disposed of under the Premium Dividend™
Component in exchange for a cash payment equal to 101% of the reinvested Dividends. Each component
of the Plan, which is explained in greater detail below, is subject to eligibility restrictions, applicable
withholding taxes and other limitations on the availability of new Shares in certain events.
Eligible Shareholders are not required to participate in the Plan. Eligible Shareholders who have
not elected to participate in the Plan will continue to receive their regular Dividends in the usual
manner.
In order to participate in either the Dividend Reinvestment Component or the Premium Dividend™
Component, an Eligible Shareholder must enroll in the Plan directly or indirectly through the broker,
investment dealer, financial institution or other nominee who holds Shares on the Eligible Shareholder's
behalf"
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1304 posts
960 upvotes
Cambridge,Ontario
You are getting the premium DRIP which means you essentially get a 101% dividend in cash.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)