Careers

Interview at Home Depot - what to wear, any advice?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 26th, 2012 11:06 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
1783 posts
804 upvotes
Toronto

Interview at Home Depot - what to wear, any advice?

So I've got an interview at Home Depot in a couple days. It's just part-time sales associate (bottom of the barrel) and was wondering what I should wear. Dress pants/shirt/shoes? Or is that too much. Maybe I should just go with khaki pants and button down shirt?

Also, what kind of questions should I expect. This is for the paint/seasonal department. Is that even a good department to work in? I don't really know much about paint or hardware in general...
I'm gonna do as much research about the products as I can so I'll have at least basic knowledge in time for the interview. Is it common for the sales associate to know very little about the products beforehand? I'm a fast learner and great at memorizing though, so I don't think I'll be too un-knowledgable about the stuff.

And anybody here work/worked at Home Depot before? Care to share any experiences you've had with interview and working for them?

Thanks a bunch!
6 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2005
7756 posts
3652 upvotes
crystallight wrote:
Jan 25th, 2012 10:53 pm
Ya I looked on that site a bit before.
But any ideas on what to wear?

Do you see how they dress there? It is pretty relaxed. Wear a nice pair of jeans, shoes (no sneakers) and a sweater. You will be fine ..
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
1783 posts
804 upvotes
Toronto
Home Depot is kinda like my backup option. I've also got an interview at a recruitment agency. For Home Depot, I've decided to go casual (khaki 's, nice shirt).

But what should I wear for the agency interview? It would be for office type work (entry level), probably temp positions. Should I go dress shoes/pants/shirt/tie but no suit?
Banned
Jan 23, 2012
25 posts
1 upvote
wear suit & floss stick.

The hardest question at hd interview is - 'whats your salary expectation?'
× < >