• Jul 22nd, 2015 11:22 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2005
4158 posts
2892 upvotes
Toronto
Pretty sure India's Taste have lamb and goat. They are quite tasty. They used to be $13-$14 for dinner I think now it's $16-$17.
Banned
Jul 2, 2015
395 posts
66 upvotes
Canada
alanbrenton wrote: I was just longing for Indian food. I forgot what that Indian buffet place in downtown Toronto was called.

Does Indian buffer offer tremendous value over ala carte? Too bad I read that there's not many good buffets in Oakville/Mississauga, and much less Burlington.

Any recommendations in Milton and/or Brampton (one or two was mentioned in this thread)?

Thanks.

Tandoori Flame
in Mississauga ( Mavis & Britannia ) is very good . They also have a branch in Brampton.

Only their lunch buffet , Mon- Friday is worth price wise.

Their dinner & weekend buffets are also very good, if you can afford their price :) ..I am cheap so I only go for their week day buffets :)
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21707 posts
9001 upvotes
Toronto
booradleysmart wrote:
Tandoori Flame
in Mississauga ( Mavis & Britannia ) is very good .
I wonder how this place compares to Kama on King street? Kama used to be rather up scale with the finest buffet for a rather high price (for dinner)
I have not been there lately, but $21 for week-end dinner is a bit high. :arrow: http://www.kamaindia.com/Menus/Buffet/t ... fault.aspx
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2008
2944 posts
247 upvotes
Toronto
playnicee1 wrote: I wonder how this place compares to Kama on King street? Kama used to be rather up scale with the finest buffet for a rather high price (for dinner)
I have not been there lately, but $21 for week-end dinner is a bit high. :arrow: http://www.kamaindia.com/Menus/Buffet/t ... fault.aspx
Continental Grand Buffet is better than Tandoori flame in my opinion..but yes the price for both on weekends are over $21
Deal Fanatic
Mar 11, 2004
5317 posts
3943 upvotes
Milton, ON.
booradleysmart wrote:
Tandoori Flame
in Mississauga ( Mavis & Britannia ) is very good . They also have a branch in Brampton.

Only their lunch buffet , Mon- Friday is worth price wise.

Their dinner & weekend buffets are also very good, if you can afford their price :) ..I am cheap so I only go for their week day buffets :)
This is like a Mandarin of Indian foods. Come get your pizza and all kinds of other "white" dishes while there. Not authentic at all and this is one of the places where they put quantity of items over quality.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
cRaZyRaVr wrote: This is like a Mandarin of Indian foods. Come get your pizza and all kinds of other "white" dishes while there. Not authentic at all and this is one of the places where they put quantity of items over quality.
So what are the top three Indian buffers in Oakville/Mississauga and surrounding areas like Brampton?
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2014
1191 posts
249 upvotes
oicthat2013 wrote: which items are worth it to eat at an indian buffet? i heard naan bread and rice and anything made with starch and flour are quite filling, so avoid that. any recommendations
on which indian buffet is good at the gerrard st india bazaar?
to make an analogy for you, eating curry without naan, rice, chapati, or as you call them filler?, would be like eating
spagetti....without the pasta... now you see?
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
21132 posts
9788 upvotes
Toronto
cRaZyRaVr wrote: This is like a Mandarin of Indian foods. Come get your pizza and all kinds of other "white" dishes while there. Not authentic at all and this is one of the places where they put quantity of items over quality.
+1. I bought takeout one time and the food was complete crap. This is probably the worst indian restaurant out there. The place is fancy but the food is poor quality.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21707 posts
9001 upvotes
Toronto
I have not been to Tandoori flame yet, but I do know Mandarin has excellent quality food. (which includes actual steak strips as one of the choices)
They put quality over quantity.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2014
1191 posts
249 upvotes
codemonkey wrote: I would recommend the buffet at Sahara. it's near Hurontario and britannia in Mississauga. their chicken tikka masala is divine.. naan, biryani, chicken tikka are also pretty good.

http://saharamississauga.ca/about-sahara-restaurant/
this restaurant is located in mississauga. been there for a couple of meals with my relatives for the buffet. I found the buffet to be
very good. Servers also brought around extra freshly made items out of the kitchen to our table. convenient location , easy parking,
and delicious. when I was there the place was just starting to get filled up in the later evening..lots of people.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2008
2944 posts
247 upvotes
Toronto
Penrose wrote: this restaurant is located in mississauga. been there for a couple of meals with my relatives for the buffet. I found the buffet to be
very good. Servers also brought around extra freshly made items out of the kitchen to our table. convenient location , easy parking,
and delicious. when I was there the place was just starting to get filled up in the later evening..lots of people.
never tried it before but in terms of number of dishes and quality, I think continental is the best.
The soup is just great along with everything else + live BBQ but a server serves it only a couple of pieces at a time and they you have to return to get more.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)