Shopping Discussion

StockTrack - Inventory Checker tool for some Canadian B&M stores

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 26th, 2024 10:57 am
May 20, 2008
465 posts
231 upvotes
Vaudreuil-Dorion
What an amazing tool, thank you! Used it today, scored myself a sweet deal thanks to it.

Crossing my fingers you figure out Home Depot at some point. Would really come in handy. Not complaining though, you've done a tremendous job. Hats off to you, sir!
Sep 9, 2017
74 posts
39 upvotes
Awesome tool I've been using it quite a bit. Do you have any idea if there's plans to add EBGames in the future?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2008
5408 posts
11430 upvotes
Ottawa
Added 'Walmart.ca Daily Price Drops' which shows products that were discounted today and available to buy from walmart.ca. Clicking on the item will also show availability and price in stores near the location. I'm only tracking items that were ever searched through my tool. Some items may even not show on walmart.ca that they were priced higher before, but I track all the prices and know better ;) I also don't compare with 'regular' price, but with the price that the item was sold yesterday.
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2003
7387 posts
3683 upvotes
GTA
The tool used to show quantity, did you filter that out and return "Available" or did Walmart's backend changed?

Great tool btw!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2008
5408 posts
11430 upvotes
Ottawa
cy wrote: The tool used to show quantity, did you filter that out and return "Available" or did Walmart's backend changed?

Great tool btw!
It showed(and still shows) quantity for Canadian Tire and for Walmart online stock info. Stores never showed quantity information (just whether stock is limited which probably means <3 items)
May 20, 2008
465 posts
231 upvotes
Vaudreuil-Dorion
seafish wrote: It showed(and still shows) quantity for Canadian Tire and for Walmart online stock info. Stores never showed quantity information (just whether stock is limited which probably means <3 items)
I'm assuming when the wording"Available" is in yellow, that would signify it's limited, right?
Deal Addict
May 9, 2006
1204 posts
465 upvotes
Mississauga
just came to say Thank you, awesome work
Deal Addict
May 1, 2018
1734 posts
1212 upvotes
Vancouver
Great tool for Black Friday/Cyber Monday and this coming Boxing Day. Hopefully this tool will be refurbished and run even better by the time Black Friday rolls around
Jan 6, 2009
126 posts
57 upvotes
Nice app! I like how it is so clean and simple. Is there anyway to add ToysRUs to the list?

Also, is it possible to have a specific list of UPC/SKU that we are watching and have the app check the price of all retailers and results return in a table form?
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2012
1175 posts
446 upvotes
Ottawa
I think walmart is hiding some BF items, stores that shows it has inventory (green available) on the checker, when you go there, there's nothing.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2008
5408 posts
11430 upvotes
Ottawa
WellHung wrote: I think walmart is hiding some BF items, stores that shows it has inventory (green available) on the checker, when you go there, there's nothing.
As I said multiple times, stock information is not real-time and behind day or 2. If you see Available it means that it was available couple of days ago and for hot items probably OOS already. I know it's not helpful, but nothing I can do :(. At least price information is appearing to be real-time. (I never found it being wrong)
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
4080 posts
7024 upvotes
GTA North
seafish wrote: Yes
Just remembered seeing your signuture and using your inventory checker back when you posted the fall fertilizer deal. I tried it and I liked your program.

Was on the phone a minute ago calling Walmart to find a tv for me when I just remembered your website checker tool and had to google you up. Just subcribed to your thread and thanked.

This is a GREAT tool. Thank you for creating it. It is very handy.
...Location: GTA North
If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.
GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread
[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100)
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2012
1175 posts
446 upvotes
Ottawa
seafish wrote: As I said multiple times, stock information is not real-time and behind day or 2. If you see Available it means that it was available couple of days ago and for hot items probably OOS already. I know it's not helpful, but nothing I can do :(. At least price information is appearing to be real-time. (I never found it being wrong)
Would that be the same for prices? If an item is 50% on BF, on monday it could be at normal price even when your tool says it's still 50%?
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
4080 posts
7024 upvotes
GTA North
Just waned to report that the inventory checker will not show the full list of stores in Firefox Quantum v63.0.3 32bit version on Windows 7. I can't close the price drop deals window but it will allow me to close the store address inventory window (which is not what I want).

It does however show up well in Chrome on the LG G4
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2008
5408 posts
11430 upvotes
Ottawa
thedealhunter2000 wrote: Just waned to report that the inventory checker will not show the full list of stores in Firefox Quantum v63.0.3 32bit version on Windows 7. I can't close the price drop deals window but it will allow me to close the store address inventory window (which is not what I want).

It does however show up well in Chrome on the LG G4
Can you scroll list of stores?
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
4080 posts
7024 upvotes
GTA North
seafish wrote: Can you scroll list of stores?
No I can not. My mouse has a wheel and I tried scrolling and it only moves the whole page up or down and still not showing the rest of the stores. It's like half the page is cut off. I also pressed the mouse wheel down and see if I can get some left to right movement but till the same result.

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 3 guests)

OneFlex