[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2010
4382 posts
837 upvotes
Toronto

Inversion table

has anyone tried one for 2 weeks+

does it actually help your back? not sure whether to trust reviews on amazon, looking to get one for my dad.
Phones for sale
Signing up for Koodo / Public Mobile ? 😉
6 replies
Oct 20, 2004
618 posts
137 upvotes
Ottawa
I've never used one but they do sell them at costco.ca. If you are satisfied with it you can always return it without too much hassle. Non-members can order from the website if you don't have a card.

I had a quick look at the ones they have and I wouldn't trust the reviews there either. Before this I had never seen a product with over 400 reviews at costco.ca...
Apr 9, 2012
328 posts
223 upvotes
I have used one for nearly 20 years & along with a good physio therapist created routine, it has helped me enormously & others that I've suggested it to. But it depends on the problems too. For my injuries, it helped A LOT way back when, but it did not eliminate all the problems, physio & the stretching routine designed for me also did. I just finished doing both as my after walk / run / hike / ski / snowshoe or whatever outing. But I also had one severe hip extension injury, that over time, that the inversion routine only cured.

Most people IME try to invert 100% far too quickly, and find it too uncomfortable & give up. Go slow, have a plan, fiddle with it, read the instructions, watch the videos, preferably see a physio & or Doctor too. But for me it has been an INCREDIBLLY valuable aid. I cannot stress that enough, but I don't take it for granted either as it isn't a benign toy. Please see a registered physio too & a GP if you aren't sure of the exact injury. Learn specific stretches too for his injury.
Apr 9, 2012
328 posts
223 upvotes
P.S. Also FAR FAR cheaper than the bogus overpriced traction sessions that Chiro-Crapters will try to sell you on @ $4000 with no guarantees. Run or hobble like hell from that BS.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
11877 posts
1712 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Someone in my family bought a Hang Ups inversion table off Craigslist for $50 because the seller bought one for their mom and it was never used. When I hang upside down on it, the area where my ankles are hanging from hurts like hell!!!!!!!! Am I supposed to wear high top hiking boots? There's no way my mom would use this thing, lol.
Deal Fanatic
May 14, 2009
5131 posts
482 upvotes
Gotoff wrote:
Dec 21st, 2015 2:22 am
has anyone tried one for 2 weeks+

does it actually help your back? not sure whether to trust reviews on amazon, looking to get one for my dad.
You didn't really specific what's wrong with YOUR back or what conditions you're looking to alleviate.
Sep 12, 2017
925 posts
72 upvotes
Would an inversion table help mild scoliosis?