None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2010
4048 posts
2910 upvotes
cn_habs wrote:
Mar 14th, 2017 1:34 am
Where did you see the number of analysts covering the company for 2019? I couldn't see it in the Analyst Scorecard section. Thanks again.
Go to the estimates charts. It states # Analysts for each year, besides the estimated earnings for that year.

Rod
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2010
1288 posts
128 upvotes
Guys, any thoughts on TSE:QSR? Seems to be fairly valued, but nobody talked about it for a long long time in this thread.
Aug 23, 2011
5 posts
1 upvote
ETOBICOKE
Hello Rod,

Can you please kindly elaborate on your sell criteria?

I understand that you would not sell if a company decides to cut or decrease dividends provided that there is expected growth (like OTEX), or would you for a DGI strategy?

If you have a company with sustained dividends but decreasing earnings or cash flow then do you set some sort of margin of safety to determine when to sell?

Thank you in advance. I am looking forward to your website.
Sep 22, 2005
400 posts
25 upvotes
BC
Hello, Rod, can you pls comment on my cash account holdings? I'm thinking about holding them for a long time. Thanks!
enf 7.4%
h 14.1%
ipl 3.8%
sjr.b 30%
t 11.7%
td 23.6%
Deal Addict
May 18, 2015
1078 posts
250 upvotes
Ottawa,Ont
iceage wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 7:10 pm
Hello, Rod, can you pls comment on my cash account holdings? I'm thinking about holding them for a long time. Thanks!
enf 7.4%
h 14.1%
ipl 3.8%
sjr.b 30%
t 11.7%
td 23.6%
you're fine...they are about as safe as can be
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2004
1710 posts
65 upvotes
rodbarc wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 10:07 am
Good to see Empire's earnings stabilizing. Although lower, they beat expectations today. Net income for the 13 weeks period of 11 cents / share.
Another good day for the share price yesterday, up another 4.5%. I caught a bit of BNN on Wednesday when they released the earnings and the new CEO said the results are 'no where near where they need to be' and they are working on a strategy to improve the company. They had a plan for 3 improvements, one was to solve the byzantine organizational structure and another was to fix the west. I think the third was to reduce costs but I'm not sure if that was right. They said it will be another quarter or two before the actual strategy is determined.

The conference call transcript will be here once it's available
Sep 4, 2007
553 posts
49 upvotes
Orange Key holder in…
AirBoss Announces 4th Quarter and Full Year 2016 Results and Dividend

Increased quarterly dividend by 7.7% to C$0.07 per common share. Stock took a dive today!

Time to load up more?
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2013
1641 posts
502 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
dvd5 wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 10:34 am
AirBoss Announces 4th Quarter and Full Year 2016 Results and Dividend

Increased quarterly dividend by 7.7% to C$0.07 per common share. Stock took a dive today!

Time to load up more?
Well, the fundamentals continue to worsen - ongoing decline in sales and earnings. On the plus side, cash flow is growing greatly which will fund dividend increases and buybacks.

I'm disappointed as a shareholder and I want to sell, but I'm going to continue to hold. Personally I won't be buying more until sales / earnings start to grow again. If cash flow growth stops and turns negative quarter over quarter then I'll sell.
Sep 18, 2016
47 posts
9 upvotes
Rod, what are your thoughts on Hydro-one? I have a few hundred shares and second guessing holding it.
"You are neither right or wrong because the crowd disagrees with you"
Mar 4, 2007
337 posts
23 upvotes
Calgary
1Ogiku2 wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 12:11 am
Rod, what are your thoughts on Hydro-one? I have a few hundred shares and second guessing holding it.
I believe Hydro one is not on Rod's watchlist
Nov 12, 2014
69 posts
23 upvotes
Levis, QC
treva84 wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 11:33 am
Well, the fundamentals continue to worsen - ongoing decline in sales and earnings. On the plus side, cash flow is growing greatly which will fund dividend increases and buybacks.

I'm disappointed as a shareholder and I want to sell, but I'm going to continue to hold. Personally I won't be buying more until sales / earnings start to grow again. If cash flow growth stops and turns negative quarter over quarter then I'll sell.
At least their outlook is more positive than it was in the last quarter. I'm not happy with BOS at this point either.
Sep 4, 2007
553 posts
49 upvotes
Orange Key holder in…
Good thing my low ball limit order was not filled Friday.