• Last Updated:
  • Nov 17th, 2017 3:47 pm
Tags:
None
Mar 4, 2007
353 posts
24 upvotes
Calgary
The issue with At&t is there is no projected growth for the next few years plus their div growth rate for the past has been about 3% so not that great. I hold it in my RRSP account but have been thinking about dumping it.

CVS on the other hands looks to be the much better buy currently IMO with good div growth and a good earnings growth rate.
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
20300 posts
3091 upvotes
Waterloo
Sorry to be bad news bearer

CJR.B is randomly -2% again, $11.6. Chasing high yield seems risky nowadays (higher yield b/c of lower price, ENB/ENF/CJR.B)
CHR is +5% after ER
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's List of Credit Cards with $200+ Welcome bonus/Aeroplan & AMEX Churning FAQ
AMEX Personal 60K || Business Platinum 75K || Biz Gold 40K || SPG 25K
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
1433 posts
291 upvotes
Toronto
jerryhung wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 4:45 pm
Sorry to be bad news bearer

CJR.B is randomly -2% again, $11.6. Chasing high yield seems risky nowadays (higher yield b/c of lower price, ENB/ENF/CJR.B)
CHR is +5% after ER
Yea check out
Alaris Royalty Corp.
AD (TSE)

No point having a high dividend if the share price keeps dropping.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2016
1360 posts
512 upvotes
Houston, TX
zobi123 wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 7:05 am
Yea check out
Alaris Royalty Corp.
AD (TSE)

No point having a high dividend if the share price keeps dropping.
Actually opposite ;)
Lower price with increasing dividends mean you get MORE shares on your DRIP and MORE dividends after all

I'd remind the famous quote from classic's that people are happy when stuff goes on sale in supermarket but not happy when it happened to (quality) stock. Quality - means fundamentals didn't change, just sentiments.

p.s .nobody rush to sale HIS BMW he loved and used, just because dealer has sale promos on them, eh?
Make the Trudeau drama teacher again!
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
20300 posts
3091 upvotes
Waterloo
asa1973 wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 10:39 am
Actually opposite ;)
Lower price with increasing dividends mean you get MORE shares on your DRIP and MORE dividends after all

I'd remind the famous quote from classic's that people are happy when stuff goes on sale in supermarket but not happy when it happened to (quality) stock. Quality - means fundamentals didn't change, just sentiments.

p.s .nobody rush to sale HIS BMW he loved and used, just because dealer has sale promos on them, eh?
That's how I convince myself to feel better on my ENB, ENF, CJR.B
My MONTHLY DRIP will buy much more now at their 52w lows

CHR had a -10% dip at open and quickly recovered, missed the $8.5 BUY, darn. TD raised PT to $10, downgrades to HOLD
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's List of Credit Cards with $200+ Welcome bonus/Aeroplan & AMEX Churning FAQ
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2016
1360 posts
512 upvotes
Houston, TX
jerryhung wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 10:42 am
That's how I convince myself to feel better on my ENB, ENF, CJR.B
My MONTHLY DRIP will buy much more now at their 52w lows

CHR had a -10% dip at open and quickly recovered, missed the $8.5 BUY, darn. TD raised PT to $10, downgrades to HOLD
Until you're going to sell stocks, lower price is a gift, for DI investor. Even from point of Total Return in let say non-reg account where you have to pay capital gain after all, it could be a positive thing, comparing to another stock which has most of it's return from price...
Make the Trudeau drama teacher again!
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
20300 posts
3091 upvotes
Waterloo
asa1973 wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 10:53 am
Until you're going to sell stocks, lower price is a gift, for DI investor. Even from point of Total Return in let say non-reg account where you have to pay capital gain after all, it could be a positive thing, comparing to another stock which has most of it's return from price...
I'm obviously hoping for BOTH capital growth/gain AND dividend growth :) like CHR or AQN or PPL, near 52w highs

Like I wouldn't complain if ENB/ENF/CJR.B are at 52w highs, since their yield would still be high like 5-8%
Sep 18, 2016
86 posts
23 upvotes
boyohboy wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 9:28 pm
Strong result for Canadian pipeline means stock price dropping 5% , right?
seems like it
"Just because it's illogical doesn't mean it can't continue to move up"
Feb 26, 2017
301 posts
81 upvotes
TD has a price target of 33 (same as before). From TDDI:

■ Inter Pipeline Ltd. (IPL) reported Q3/17 AFFO/share of $0.67, above our forecast
of $0.55 and Q3/16 AFFO/share of $0.58.
■ The Board of Directors also approved a 3.7% increase in the monthly cash
dividend to $0.14/share ($1.68/share annually), payable in December 2017.
Impact: SLIGHTLY POSITIVE
■ A Strong Q3; Dividend Increased as Expected: The Q3/17 results came in
above our expectations largely due to higher-than-forecasted contribution from
the NGL Extraction segment along with lower-than-expected cash taxes and
corporate costs. The dividend increase was exactly in line with our forecasts.
■ Oil Sands Transportation: Q3/17 funds from operations (FFO) of $160.6 million
increased by 20% versus Q3/16 driven primarily by new supply connections and
lower current income taxes. During the quarter, oil sands transportation service
connections to the North West Redwater Sturgeon Refinery and the Canadian
Diluent Hub were placed into service.
■ NGL Processing: Q3/17 FFO of $78.1 million increased significantly from $28.7
million in Q3/16 largely due to a full-quarter contribution from the offgas processing
business that was acquired in Q3/16. Higher y/y propane-plus frac spread and
ethane pricing also helped offset lower y/y volumes.
■ Conventional Oil Pipelines: Q3/17 FFO of $54.5 million increased by 11% y/y
largely due to higher volumes on the Mid-Saskatchewan and Bow River pipeline
systems, and strong midstream marketing activities.
■ Bulk Liquid Storage: Q3/17 FFO of $25.2 million decreased from $30.2 million
in Q3/16 due to slightly lower contracted tank capacity and a weakening contango
pricing environment for certain petroleum products that impacted activity levels at
the Danish operations.
■ PDH/PP Facility: Negotiations with potential counterparties for long-term
contracts with strong "take or pay" features are proceeding and an investment
decision is anticipated before the end of 2017 (with a potential in service in H2/21)
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
10945 posts
2173 upvotes
boyohboy wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 9:28 pm
Strong result for Canadian pipeline means stock price dropping 5% , right?
It is futile and a waste of time to think that every small squiggle in a stocks time vs price chart should make sense to you. The long term trend is all that matters. Don't drive yourself crazy trying to understand stock market 'noise'. It's the sure way to not doing well as an investor.

I will provide this nugget though: Investors' expectations baked into a stock's price almost all the time. Sometimes those expectations are overzealous. When they are not achieved, notwithstanding a 'strong result', the stock then drops and that makes total sense.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2006
3791 posts
697 upvotes
Toronto
eonibm wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 9:27 am
It is futile and a waste of time to think that every small squiggle in a stocks time vs price chart should make sense to you. The long term trend is all that matters. Don't drive yourself crazy trying to understand stock market 'noise'. It's the sure way to not doing well as an investor.

I will provide this nugget though: Investors' expectations baked into a stock's price almost all the time. Sometimes those expectations are overzealous. When they are not achieved, notwithstanding a 'strong result', the stock then drops and that makes total sense.
Man, you aren't much fun, are you?

It's Friday and I just like watching these comical price movement of CAD pipeline... esp one I own. Beats dealing with the everyday BS at work....

Well down 3.5% now..,