• Last Updated:
  • Apr 6th, 2020 9:58 pm
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
22987 posts
4795 upvotes
where I belong
rodbarc wrote: Rogers is overvalued:

Telus is fairly valued, with earnings estimated to grow at the same ratio as the estimated total return:

Bell is fully valued, with earnings estimated to grow by 4%, but total return estimated to grow by 2% if one buys it today:

I would buy Telus and some Bell - not Rogers yet.

Rod
Just sharing, TD has Rogers and Quebeqor on their ACTION LIST Buy, even after the latest Rogers ER

I'm super glad I entered RCI recently at $50.5 ($57 now) - not for its dividends though

while BCE remains my largest position, it's sadly a Hold from analysts and not much upside price target
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's List of Credit Cards with $200+ Welcome bonus/Aeroplan & AMEX Churning FAQ
AMEX Personal 60K || Business Platinum 75K || Biz Gold 40K
Mar 4, 2007
393 posts
37 upvotes
Calgary
Rod, any updates on your website? Possible ETA for launch?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 14, 2010
5766 posts
6295 upvotes
Siralex wrote: Rod, any updates on your website? Possible ETA for launch?
I think it will be ready by May. Once the mechanisms for the trading piece is setup, I want to structure a sequence of posts focused on financial behavior and going through other details for due-diligence, with more examples. I got tons of ideas, just very little time to imement them. Meanwhile, I'll continue to post my monthly purchases here and make sure I go through every question posted here.

Rod
Build a comprehensive portfolio based on Investing and Trading strategies. Check out these threads and join the discussion:

Investing strategy based on dividend growth

Trading strategy based on Graham principles.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 16, 2006
6063 posts
467 upvotes
rodbarc wrote: I think it will be ready by May. Once the mechanisms for the trading piece is setup, I want to structure a sequence of posts focused on financial behavior and going through other details for due-diligence, with more examples. I got tons of ideas, just very little time to imement them. Meanwhile, I'll continue to post my monthly purchases here and make sure I go through every question posted here.

Rod
I just wanted to say that this is an awesome thread, and I appreciate all the information you've given/shared with the RFD community on the subject!
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2014
1149 posts
373 upvotes
Calgary, AB
jerryhung wrote: Just sharing, TD has Rogers and Quebeqor on their ACTION LIST Buy, even after the latest Rogers ER

I'm super glad I entered RCI recently at $50.5 ($57 now) - not for its dividends though

while BCE remains my largest position, it's sadly a Hold from analysts and not much upside price target
You should look into the criteria analysts are using to give a recommendation. Unless they use a similar methodology/investing strategy, there is little to be had from following one blindly.

Trying my hardest, I cannot say that Rogers is undervalued. Given the risk/reward potential, it's exactly (if a little above) where you'd want them to be. You could buy it for stability but many other names would offer you the same return for less money.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2014
1288 posts
339 upvotes
Ontario
jerryhung wrote: Just sharing, TD has Rogers and Quebeqor on their ACTION LIST Buy, even after the latest Rogers ER

You are OBSESSED with this TD action buy list.
Dec 13, 2011
892 posts
86 upvotes
hlf took a beating today.
--------------------------------
:evil:
Spam:irrelevant or inappropriate messages sent on the Internet to a large number of recipients.
Mar 4, 2007
393 posts
37 upvotes
Calgary
stt55pot wrote: hlf took a beating today.
Yeah, ouch! shares traded 10x more than the average. not sure what was going on there.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2006
4525 posts
1153 upvotes
Toronto
If HLF drops another few percent, I'll buy more.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2015
1428 posts
433 upvotes
Ottawa,Ont
llpresident wrote: Nice update Rod. I like PPG and VZ. A lot of bricks and mortar in your buys. Not concerned about their future prospects as online continues to take market share?

HLF is interesting to me. Have never looked at it. I'm going to look further into the company.
Rod how do you feel about HLF after the recent lowered guidance?
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2004
1533 posts
75 upvotes
For HLF, I find that annual earning reported on RBC does not match Fast Graph, and quite a bit lower. Not sure what I missed there. Would like to hear Rod's thoughts on that.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2006
4525 posts
1153 upvotes
Toronto
sleepyguy wrote: your wish was granted... another rough day for HLF.
heh... only 2%... perhaps not yet. My current holding was at $19.9x...don't want to add too much too soon.