Entrepreneurship & Small Business

Investing into manufacturing business, investment proposal?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 20th, 2017 12:01 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2007
1705 posts
70 upvotes
Mississauga

Investing into manufacturing business, investment proposal?

Family friends run a small furniture assembly line and there seems to be a mutual agreement that there is an opportunity for an investment. There are two revenue limiting factors with the current business model: nothing is being made or manufactured and it is a passive client acquisition business,. I am thinking about investing into machinery to manufacture some of the key elements of the furniture that would result in cost cutting and increase in profits, switch into an active client acquisition business that would potentially bring additional revenue and become an employee in the shop . I have B2P background in this industry so for me it would be a move into B2B segment of the business.

I would need to hand a proposal to the owners that makes financial sense to everyone but given that this B2B segment is somewhat new to me I do not have enough knowledge or key factors for putting something together. Does anyone know if there are consulting firms that can assist with putting together the investment proposal and go provide consultation pertaining this move?