Tags:
None
Mar 2, 2015
101 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto, ON
******* wrote:
Nov 14th, 2013 12:17 pm
Second to the ridiculous BS you just spewed, please direct me to a bank or any legitimate financial institution that will give me 8% GIC's. I'm sure I have "enough" to invest. My clients and I would love it. When do you plan on waking from this dream of yours?
Well Warren Buffett got 10% Preferreds from Goldman Sachs for $5 billion dollars. I think they qualify as a legitimate financial institution. Also they got a big premium when GS bought back the "GICs" (Preferreds).

"Berkshire Hathaway will receive perpetual preferred shares in Goldman, which will pay a 10 annual percent dividend, or $500 million a year. Those dividends take precedence over other payments to common shareholders. Goldman has the right to buy back the shares at any time for a premium of 10 percent."
"Back in September of 2008, at the height of the credit crisis, Berkshire essentially loaned Goldman $5 billion at an interest rate of 10 percent a year. (That money was repaid in 2011.)"
Feb 10, 2017
1 posts
I can vouch for BrunoWO22462 and the Lake shore project. I am invested in three Greybrook projects. The Lake shore project closed before I had a chance to participate. The numbers can be verified just by googling Greybrook Lake Shore. Lucky you Bruno! You have to be an accredited investor and the Greybrook investors have title on the land. The projects don't get built until the developments are pre-sold. Wish I had started with them earlier.
Sep 2, 2005
262 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
ColinErnst wrote:
Jan 29th, 2017 3:49 am
Hey,

I have invested with GreyBrook in 2 of their Land Development offers: Fort Lauderdale and Oshawa. So far everything seems great, but they only recently closed the offering in Dec 2016.
How are those two projects going? I got a semi-annual update for two of the projects I'm involved in, and while they still appear to be progressing, they've fallen significantly behind the original schedule.
Jan 28, 2017
3 posts
Vancouver, BC
Hey,

I'm now invested in 4 deals with Greybrook and, based on the unitholder reports, they all seem to be on schedule. I had the opportunity to check out the Fort Lauderdale project in person this spring break and work was well underway.

Which projects are you invested in that appear to be behind ?
Sep 2, 2005
262 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
ColinErnst wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 1:13 am
I'm now invested in 4 deals with Greybrook and, based on the unitholder reports, they all seem to be on schedule. I had the opportunity to check out the Fort Lauderdale project in person this spring break and work was well underway.

It's nice that you've been able to see Fort Lauderdale for yourself.

Looks like I was unlucky with my choice of projects.

According to the latest unit holders reports I received, Cambridge is behind by two years, and Oakville by one year
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2017
1413 posts
480 upvotes
ColinErnst wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 1:13 am
Hey,

simple question which I trust you wont mind responding to..

are you pleased with what Greybrook has has provided for you in term of returns on your investment?

how long have you been invested?

in the time time that you have been with them what has been the yearly percentage returns?

are the returns interest payments or dividends & how often do you get your payments?