• Last Updated:
  • Jul 4th, 2006 4:19 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Feb 28, 2003
7451 posts
236 upvotes
JT94 wrote:I usually only give an offer of $100-200 over advertised "invoice." That's been on new Toyotas, Acuras and Hondas. They even break out their invoice prices and show me that I'm offering only $100-200 over - it's funny. I really doubt those are actual invoice prices for large-scale dealerships.
You're right about 'advertised' invoice prices being inflated.
I would try to get the actual invoice price from carcostcanada.com and offer them $500-600 over that price. But even then I'm skeptical that all dealers pay that actual price for the vehicule. I'm certain the dealerships that can sell more inventory are given some incentives that carcostcanada.com won't know about.
Thoughts and Prayers to the many thousands of civilians who perished from terrorists acts.
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
12426 posts
1104 upvotes
Mississauga
JT94 wrote:I usually only give an offer of $100-200 over advertised "invoice." That's been on new Toyotas, Acuras and Hondas. They even break out their invoice prices and show me that I'm offering only $100-200 over - it's funny. I really doubt those are actual invoice prices for large-scale dealerships. Either way, they usually "give in" after 20 minutes of negotiation. I recommend going the way of faxing your offer directly to the manager. I hear its success rate is higher since it bypasses any commission to the salesman.

but manager isnt the only one selling you the car?
Feb 20, 2005
126 posts
GTA & Surroundin…
Look for a auto broker.

weedb0y wrote:but manager isnt the only one selling you the car?