• Mar 23rd, 2014 10:58 am
Tags:
None
Jan 15, 2014
529 posts
104 upvotes
Toronto

iOS 7.1 wonkiness

So I have upgraded a 4S and a 5 to apples latest offering and just some strange things happening. Today I had the 5 in airplane mode and was showing both airplane mode on and wifi on in the status bar across top of screen. Forgot to look in settings.

Yesterday had a 4S and had popped in Rogers Sim to get service and the service that came up was Bell. Never made any calls and again forgot to look in settings as it disappeared before had a chance to get screenshot.
15 replies
Banned
Mar 2, 2014
107 posts
28 upvotes
When I upgraded to 7.1 I had some minor glitches. Resetting the phone without doing a restore fixed everything. You might want to try that out, it will only take about 5 minutes to fix everything.
QAZ
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
2072 posts
440 upvotes
GTA
I have both the 4s and 5s and 4s seemed clunky at first but I think it's sorted out eventually as it is an older model. 5s seems pretty solid. No resetting or anything like needed but I don't have a crap load of apps anyways.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2007
1656 posts
543 upvotes
Was wifi actually on? You can turn on airplane mode and have wifi on. I do it sometimes when I can't get a signal.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2012
3095 posts
1332 upvotes
West
Battery life has fallen off a cliff on my iPhone 4 with iOS 7.1
Deal Expert
Oct 7, 2010
15536 posts
5790 upvotes
Anyone consider not upgrading to 7.1. It seems buggy from what everyone is saying. What happened? Jobs dies and Apple drops the ball?
Feb 7, 2009
817 posts
328 upvotes
Toronto
Ever since upgrading on my 5s, its been glitchy... its snappy most of the times, but when its not its lagging. There are stutters in moving between screens. Sometimes it freezes for a solid 10 seconds and then goes back to normal.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
4880 posts
2787 upvotes
Ontario
It's an atrocity however 7.1 is way better for me than 7.0.x

Thry really should offer a downgrade
Deal Fanatic
Sep 24, 2005
9454 posts
1013 upvotes
N/A
i thought it just worked.
“Children see magic because they look for it.”
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2004
12861 posts
1485 upvotes
Pickering
Ipad 3 and 4
Iphone 4 (x2), iPhone 4s, iPhone 5s

No issues whatsoever except the iPhone 4/4s models run faster. I don't look for issues, whatever happens happens. The only OS I delayed on was the one when they took google maps away. Once google fixed that, I updated everything.
Deal Guru
Sep 8, 2007
10979 posts
14474 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
I am seeing less Safari crashes on a wifi IPad Air on 7.1 which was a welcome improvement.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2008
1400 posts
301 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
WhatsTheRush wrote: Battery life has fallen off a cliff on my iPhone 4 with iOS 7.1
Backup your phone.

Download the latest IPSW for your phone.

Do a DFU for your phone using custom restore with the IPSW you downloaded.

Restore settings/data from your backup and then do a sync.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
22529 posts
8939 upvotes
Toronto
1. As mentioned, you can have Airplane mode and WiFi on at the same time. This has always been the case.
2. I find 7.1 a LOT more stable than 7.0.x. On par with my previous iPhones on iOS 6.1.3.
3. Still wondering about battery life. Tests have shown battery life is similar, and for me I haven't noticed a huge difference on my 5s. My wife with her 5 seems to think there is a decrease, but it's not consistent. She complained about it initially, but hasn't complained about it since. I wonder if it has to do with usage habits and apps loaded.
4. iOS occasionally goes wonky, and that's not restricted to any particular version. You need to reset if yours is wonky. Minimum every few weeks, but it depends on what you load up.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2005
8488 posts
1291 upvotes
Brampton
I upgraded all the devices in my house to 7.1 and noticed no negatives with upgrading. If anything all feel more stable and faster.

One thing I did notice is on my iphone 5 is, I started to see the location services icon show up more often so I disabled whatever I didn't need and battery life is exactly the same as it's always been (normal)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)