None
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
25455 posts
2766 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Solsearchin1 wrote:
Oct 8th, 2017 5:40 am
Not a fan of iOS 11 on my iPad. Hate the keyboard key remap and some apps are going wacky. Mainly PC Plus, anyone else having issues with that app?
The keyboard update is the best part of iOS 11

I don’t use PC Plus, but I would just wait for an update from Loblaw. If you’re having problems, so will millions of others across Canada
Deal Guru
Oct 3, 2006
10279 posts
650 upvotes
Toronto
Really disappointed by the iOS 11 experience on iPhone 7. It is noticeably more laggy than iOS 10.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
26244 posts
6073 upvotes
GTHA
Keigotw wrote:
Sep 21st, 2017 6:10 pm
can't manage apps from iTunes anymore Angry Face

iTunes 12.7 Released, Removes App Store

http://osxdaily.com/2017/09/13/itunes-1 ... app-store/
https://www.engadget.com/2017/09/12/app ... unes-12-7/
aznnorth wrote:
Sep 27th, 2017 8:44 am
Yup... a HUGE PITA. I was looking all over for it. At first I thought something was wrong, wrong download, changed menus, etc., etc. but looked through google only to find they eliminated it. Now you cant update or organize apps thru itunes but only through the stupid screens on the cell. I dont know about other peeps but pressing, holding the stupid apps onscreen then dragging them around thru multiple screens to organize is a huge annoyance. One wrong move and all of the apps spread all over the place. Then you spend another 30 minutes putting them all back dragging one by one. Itunes showed the screens and you can use the mouse to drag them around and simply sync them to the fone. That's gone, wtf...

Apple Quietly Releases iTunes 12.6.3, Featuring Built-in App Store
http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/news/itunes-app-store/

As users spotted on Reddit on Monday, it turns out Apple has quietly released another version of iTunes (12.6.3) with the older features. The company says it is released this version because “certain business partners might still need to use iTunes to install apps.” Users report that this version of iTunes is working on individual computers just as fine.

“If you’ve already installed a newer version of iTunes, you can download this version of iTunes on your Mac, PC 32-bit or PC 64-bit and run the installer,” the description of 12.6.3 reads. “After installation is complete, you can continue to deploy apps with iTunes. You won’t be prompted to download new versions of iTunes after you install this version.”
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2015
1672 posts
1120 upvotes
https://www.macrumors.com/2017/10/09/io ... -switcher/

The gesture, first implemented in iOS 9, allows users with a compatible iPhone to 3D Touch at the left edge of the display to bring up the App Switcher. When it was pulled from the beta, many iPhone users were disappointed as it is a convenient method for switching between apps with a single gesture. Sans gesture, the only way to bring up the App Switcher on an iPhone is by a double press on the Home button.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
26244 posts
6073 upvotes
GTHA
iOS 11.0.3 Released for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/news/ios-1 ... ad-iphone/

Apple has just released iOS 11.0.3 with some bug fixes for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Here’s what’s new according to release notes:
  • Fixes an is where audio and haptic feedback would not work on some iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus devices
  • Addresses an issue where touch input was unresponsive on some iPhone 6s displays because they were not serviced with genuine parts

ios-11.0.3.jpeg
Jun 15, 2011
38492 posts
5543 upvotes
King City
I have been having a lot of bugs/glitches on my iPhone 6S Plus. I recently got iOS 11 last week and 2 nights ago 11.0.3.

Here's the issues:

1) Turning on/off the mobile cell phone data connection via the short key/widget, also enables WiFi.
2) iOS Mail. Ever since the iOS 11 update, if I select the unread emails to delete them, the app freezes. Closing the app (double tapping the home button and swiping), does not help. Only way to delete those selected unread emails, is to select 4 at a time and delete them.
3) My phone froze few times with the display. I could not press anything and had to reboot my phone several times.

I am sure there are still more issues out there, but it has been quiet annoying haha.
The One and Only and Proud to be an Indian.
If I helped in any way, click that cool little "Thanks" button.
Dec 7, 2012
26244 posts
6073 upvotes
GTHA
djemzine wrote:
Oct 15th, 2017 8:29 pm
I have been having a lot of bugs/glitches on my iPhone 6S Plus. I recently got iOS 11 last week and 2 nights ago 11.0.3.

Here's the issues:

1) Turning on/off the mobile cell phone data connection via the short key/widget, also enables WiFi.
Do you disable Wi-Fi in Settings?

Wi-Fi is always enabled, it can only be disabled in Settings

from https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208086

In iOS 11 and later, when you toggle the Wi-Fi or Bluetooth buttons in Control Center, your device will immediately disconnect from Wi-Fi and Bluetooth accessories. Both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth will continue to be available, so you can use these important features:
  • AirDrop
  • AirPlay
  • Apple Pencil
  • Apple Watch
  • Continuity features, like Handoff and Instant Hotspot
  • Instant Hotspot
  • Location Services

Turn off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth

If you want to completely disable Wi-Fi and Bluetooth for all networks and devices, follow these steps:
  • To turn off Wi-Fi, go to Settings > Wi-Fi and turn off Wi-Fi.
  • To turn off Bluetooth, go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn off Bluetooth.

For the best experience on your iOS device, try to keep Wi-Fi and Bluetooth turned on.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
25455 posts
2766 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
tk1000 wrote:
Oct 15th, 2017 9:33 pm
In iOS 11 and later, when you toggle the Wi-Fi or Bluetooth buttons in Control Center, your device will immediately disconnect from Wi-Fi and Bluetooth accessories. Both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth will continue to be available, so you can use these important features:
  • AirDrop
  • AirPlay
  • Apple Pencil
  • Apple Watch
  • Instant Hotspot
  • Location Services
My Apple Pencil doesn't work unless I plug it into the lightning port for it to sync with the Bluetooth. I always have Bluetooth turned on. Really annoying.
Jun 15, 2011
38492 posts
5543 upvotes
King City
tk1000 wrote:
Oct 15th, 2017 9:33 pm
Do you disable Wi-Fi in Settings?

Wi-Fi is always enabled, it can only be disabled in Settings

from https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208086

• AirDrop
  • AirPlay
  • Apple Pencil
  • Apple Watch
  • Instant Hotspot
  • Location Services

Turn off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth

If you want to completely disable Wi-Fi and Bluetooth for all networks and devices, follow these steps:
  • To turn off Wi-Fi, go to Settings > Wi-Fi and turn off Wi-Fi.
  • To turn off Bluetooth, go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn off Bluetooth.

For the best experience on your iOS device, try to keep Wi-Fi and Bluetooth turned on.
Yes it’s turned off just how I had it before.

Still have the iOS mail bug ugh. Also when I’m on a phone call, turning it onto speaker doesn’t work. Still comes through the top speaker.

Man iOS 11 is so buggy. Buggier than any Android OS update I’ve had ha.

Any way to revert to iOS 10? I think I did an iTunes backup
Sep 8, 2007
4761 posts
2794 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
djemzine wrote:
Oct 16th, 2017 8:09 pm
Yes it’s turned off just how I had it before.

Still have the iOS mail bug ugh. Also when I’m on a phone call, turning it onto speaker doesn’t work. Still comes through the top speaker.

Man iOS 11 is so buggy. Buggier than any Android OS update I’ve had ha.

Any way to revert to iOS 10? I think I did an iTunes backup
Nope. Back up or not they stopped signing iOS 10 so you are stuck.

iOS 11 on iPad Air 1 and my rogers/yahoo email account...no longer receiving push emails...gotta go in and pull them.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2010
5914 posts
516 upvotes
SW Ontario
cartfan123 wrote:
Oct 19th, 2017 1:49 pm
Nope. Back up or not they stopped signing iOS 10 so you are stuck.

iOS 11 on iPad Air 1 and my rogers/yahoo email account...no longer receiving push emails...gotta go in and pull them.
Set a time interval for it to ‘fetch’?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2003
9149 posts
801 upvotes
iOS 11 still hasn't fixed notifications and groups. ugh. I hate having hangout messages from the same person take up the entire screen.
Jun 15, 2011
38492 posts
5543 upvotes
King City
Still having bugs. Ugh.
Mar 25, 2003
11124 posts
1431 upvotes
Markham
djemzine wrote:
Oct 19th, 2017 9:33 pm
Still having bugs. Ugh.
Try the ios 11.1 beta 4.
80TB Mediasonic H82-SU3S2 / 60TB Raid 50 on Mediasonic H8R2-SU3S2
40TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
11TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2012 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro / 6TB HP Mediasmart EX 485

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)