• Nov 18th, 2017 10:51 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
17674 posts
190 upvotes
YVR
Maybe I'm spending too much time on Android, but how do I click on a link with an iOS device and get it to open as a new tab? Everytime I click and hold on to the link, it triggers 3D Touch and I get a peek at the link. I don't want that. With Android, I get the option to open the link in a new tab when I do that.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 15, 2012
9849 posts
4226 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Sgt_Strider wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 4:38 am
Maybe I'm spending too much time on Android, but how do I click on a link with an iOS device and get it to open as a new tab? Everytime I click and hold on to the link, it triggers 3D Touch and I get a peek at the link. I don't want that. With Android, I get the option to open the link in a new tab when I do that.
Settings > Safari > Open Links > In New Tab (checked)

Is that not on by default? However I'm still on 10.1.1 for the jailbreak, so maybe it's not anymore.

Once done, don't hold, just tap.
Pulling down on a page also invokes the bar at the bottom to open your own tabs and search bar at the top, something I had to get used to. Otherwise scrolling up to view the bottom of mobile pages stays fullscreen.

Search apps like Google have similar gestures and I prefer it for voice search over Siri.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2010
5914 posts
516 upvotes
SW Ontario
Sgt_Strider wrote:
You should also be able to just tap and hold. My phone doesn't have 3D touch, so I don't have your issue. I assume you are just pressing too hard? If 3D touch comes on it's from pressing harder than just tap and hold.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2007
1362 posts
372 upvotes
Sgt_Strider wrote:
Two finger tap
Jun 15, 2011
38483 posts
5543 upvotes
King City
Updated to 11.1 but still have the Mail app issues, and a bunch of other stuff, where shortcut apps at the bottom tray are greyed out like before, but I can still open them.

Battery life - nothing has improved. iPhone 6S Plus here.
The One and Only and Proud to be an Indian.
If I helped in any way, click that cool little "Thanks" button.
Feb 24, 2003
12174 posts
992 upvotes
Toronto
I also updated to ios 11.1 hoping that battery life would improve on my 6s. The battery was replaced by Apple in December, 2016 and is still at 92% health but drains too quickly. Went through the battery-saving tweaks with not much improvement.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
26204 posts
6062 upvotes
GTHA
rebel_rfd wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 9:17 am
What do you guys do with the stock apps that can't be deleted?

Hide them in a folder? Like Stocks and so forth?
AncasterRFD wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 10:51 am
I think you can delete some of those now, no? Any ones I can’t, I bury in a folder on the X.
Starting with iOS 10 you can remove built-in apps from the homescreen

Remove built-in Apple apps from the Home screen on your iOS 10 device or Apple Watch
With iOS 10, you can remove some built-in Apple apps from the Home screen on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Apple Watch.

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT204221
Deal Fanatic
Jun 15, 2012
9849 posts
4226 upvotes
Southern Ontario
NewsyL wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 7:40 pm
Is this "Reiboot" software legit?

https://www.tenorshare.com/products/reiboot-mac.html

Trying to help someone with an iPhone 6 and IOS 11.1, deal with reboots and getting stuck at the apple logo. They are in Saskatchewan and closest Apple store is in Calgary.

?
Been jailbreaking since iPhone 3G, dealing with recovery issues etc, you shouldn't have to pay for that.
Try TinyUmbrella, haven't used it for while but it should still have a tool to get out of bootloop.
https://tinyumbrella.org/ios-11/
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
17674 posts
190 upvotes
YVR
Sorry, another dumb question to ask. Sometimes I find that I gotta keep on scrolling down on the page in order to get the on-screen navigation icons in Safari to show up so that I can go back to the previous page. Is there a quicker way to get Safari to show the navigation icons?

Also, if I don't want to set up Apple Pay, is there a way to get iOS to stop nagging me to finish the set up process?
Deal Guru
Mar 25, 2003
11109 posts
1427 upvotes
Markham
iOS 11.1.1 is out today

80TB Mediasonic H82-SU3S2 / 60TB Raid 50 on Mediasonic H8R2-SU3S2
40TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
11TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2012 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro / 6TB HP Mediasmart EX 485
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2003
12174 posts
992 upvotes
Toronto
To go back to the previous page in Safari, you can swipe back on the screen.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 15, 2012
9849 posts
4226 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Sgt_Strider wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 9:26 pm
Sorry, another dumb question to ask. Sometimes I find that I gotta keep on scrolling down on the page in order to get the on-screen navigation icons in Safari to show up so that I can go back to the previous page. Is there a quicker way to get Safari to show the navigation icons?

Also, if I don't want to set up Apple Pay, is there a way to get iOS to stop nagging me to finish the set up process?
1. It's the speed at which you scroll down, do it fast instead of dragging and you'll automatically see the Safari icons at the bottom.

2. But don't do that to go back, simply swipe left to right from the left edge to get to the previous page. If you don't start from the edge, it does nothing.

3. https://discussions.apple.com/thread/76 ... 0&tstart=0
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2006
3082 posts
492 upvotes
Vancouver
NewsyL wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 7:40 pm
Is this "Reiboot" software legit?

https://www.tenorshare.com/products/reiboot-mac.html

Trying to help someone with an iPhone 6 and IOS 11.1, deal with reboots and getting stuck at the apple logo. They are in Saskatchewan and closest Apple store is in Calgary.

?
They've updated to 11.1.1 and still having reboots. I'm told that Apple support told them they may have to buy a new phone. For some reason this sounds to me like an attempt to rationalize the purchase of a newer model.

Deal Fanatic
Jun 15, 2012
9849 posts
4226 upvotes
Southern Ontario
NewsyL wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 11:45 pm
They've updated to 11.1.1 and still having reboots. I'm told that Apple support told them they may have to buy a new phone. For some reason this sounds to me like an attempt to rationalize the purchase of a newer model.
If the source of the problem is hardware, then yes. However, logo bootloops on iPhones usually aren't especially when it occurs after an iOS upgrade. Apple technical support can't direct people to jailbreaking tools that kick phones out of bootloop, they're not allowed to talk about non-official software so I'd exhaust those methods first, and avoid paid methods. Reddit is a good source these days, either someone has asked the same question or you can ask the jailbreak community how you can fix it, even though it has nothing to do with jb'ing.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)