• Last Updated:
  • Feb 23rd, 2018 10:10 pm
[OP]
Sep 24, 2014
171 posts
783 upvotes
Brampton, ON

iOS Forums app (iPhone & iPad) - Thread drops into comments when opened

Each time I click a thread with multiple pages in any forum, I’ll start at the top of the thread and automatically get pushed to somewhere in the comments. I have to keep scrolling up to the top of the first page to see what was posted.

This happens on both iPhone and iPad for me, and it’s been happening for awhile. It was not always like this. Is this a known issue?

Thank you.

Side note. RedFlagDeals used to work on my work computer for myself and others but now everyone gets a TCP server error. The error is at least a year old but no fix... most likely a firewall issue on our side, but if there are suggestions/workarounds, that would be cool. If someone wants the full error, I’ll grab it the next time I’m in the office.
8 replies
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
9978 posts
15659 upvotes
Scarborough
This is the first I’ve heard about this bug. I tested it out and while it doesn’t automatically send me down the page, once I start to scroll it does jump. Something is definitely not right. I’ll talk to the iOS team on Monday to see when this can be fixed.

It’s possible there’s an IP issue so if you could PM me your work IP I can look into that for you.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
[OP]
Sep 24, 2014
171 posts
783 upvotes
Brampton, ON
TomRFD wrote:
Feb 9th, 2018 8:26 pm
This is the first I’ve heard about this bug. I tested it out and while it doesn’t automatically send me down the page, once I start to scroll it does jump. Something is definitely not right. I’ll talk to the iOS team on Monday to see when this can be fixed.

It’s possible there’s an IP issue so if you could PM me your work IP I can look into that for you.
Sorry you’re right, a little scroll is required before it jumps down. I forgot to mention that.

And sure thing, I’ll get more information when I’m back at work on Monday. Thank you!!
Mar 2, 2014
419 posts
160 upvotes
I am seeing the same behavior on iPhone 7 Plus iOS 11.2.5
A little scroll right after the thread is loaded and it throws me off into lower end of page 1 of comments
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
9978 posts
15659 upvotes
Scarborough
The iOS team is looking into it now. They'll post an update here when they have more info to share.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Feb 24, 2016
100 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for letting us know about this issue. The problem has been logged and we will be fixing it in our upcoming release.
[OP]
Sep 24, 2014
171 posts
783 upvotes
Brampton, ON
TomRFD wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 1:21 pm
@Rosh93 can you please let us know what iPhone and iPad models you were using and what version(s) or iOS they're on?
iPhone 6s on iOS 11.2.5
iPad Air 2 on iOS 11.2.2

This bug has been happening for awhile though, maybe even a year old if I remember correctly.
Feb 11, 2003
608 posts
60 upvotes
I experience the same page jumping bug on iOS 11.3 iPhone X