644 posts
389 upvotes
Toronto/Santa Monica
-Rogers and T-Mobile
-happens on wifi and data
Apr 23, 2016
14 posts
Port Severn, ON
This is really annoying. It happens each time I load a fresh page in RFD. Usually loads 5 redirects to different App Store pages starting with Twitter and ending with Uber.
It makes RFD app completely unusable.
I've had this going on for half a week but not as frequent as today!
Please fix this ASAP.
Thanks
May 14, 2013
224 posts
145 upvotes
Edmonton
Noticed that I started getting pop-up ads via the iOS app after viewing forums for approx. 5 min. Takes me to random App Store apps to download. After returning to RFD app it just bounces me back to app store for a different app and keeps looping after returning to RFD.

Only way to stop it was to completely exit the RFD app... but it keeps coming back after browing forums...

Anyone else experiencing this?
Sep 19, 2009
19 posts
1 upvote
North Bay, ON Canada
Having the exact same problem too. Can't browse the hot deals forums for more than two minutes and it's constant pop ups to the App Store to download crap. So frustrating.
Apr 23, 2016
14 posts
Port Severn, ON
So after shutting down and restarting the app (iOS - double click home button, swipe app off screen, then restart app), the redirects stopped. It's been a day and they haven't resumed.
Administrator
Mar 24, 2015
115 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Judicious wrote:
Mar 2nd, 2017 7:58 am
So after shutting down and restarting the app (iOS - double click home button, swipe app off screen, then restart app), the redirects stopped. It's been a day and they haven't resumed.
Hey @Judiciouis Thanks for the feedback/hints to fix this bug.
Still working on it now.
[OP]
Jun 12, 2010
644 posts
389 upvotes
Toronto/Santa Monica
Judicious wrote:
Mar 2nd, 2017 7:58 am
RealJamesRFD wrote:
Mar 2nd, 2017 8:52 am
Hey @Judiciouis Thanks for the feedback/hints to fix this bug.
Still working on it now.
I've tried this method back a few days ago. Can confirm it stops for a few hours but returns again. I'm thinking it's an ad that RFD has that auto launches these App Store redirects
Administrator
Mar 24, 2015
115 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I concur. I think there's a rogue ad that is messing stuff up. I'm in talks now with one of our ad guys to get him to figure it out.

Will update shortly... I hope.
Administrator
Mar 24, 2015
115 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Yep, sorry folks - working on fixing it now. Hopefully not much longer (and without an app update!!)
Apr 23, 2016
14 posts
Port Severn, ON
Happening vigorously again this morning. 5 redirects each time I load a new page. Once I get through the 5 redirects, the app is stable and allows me to read the page I'm on but as soon as I open another page I have to put up with another set of 5 redirects. Yesterday's trick of shutting down/restarting isn't making any difference today. The redirects follow the restarted apps.
I'm on Rogers LTE data this morning.

(Edit: Interesting, I got to WiFi 30 min later & I retried RFD & the problem was gone, may be a coincidence.)
Administrator
Mar 24, 2015
115 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Good news! I just got it to replicate on our devices - can't be on wifi.. (PC Mobile.. i.e. Telus)

Fixing now (fingers crossed)
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2006
3874 posts
316 upvotes
Markham
Happened today at fido data
Jun 14, 2013
156 posts
44 upvotes
Vancouver
It went away for a few days now started again today. On public mobile.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel