iOS - Mobile RFD App Spam issues

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 31st, 2017 10:03 am
Deal Fanatic
Feb 28, 2006
6419 posts
326 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Good to know I'm not the only one lol. Just started happenin to me this week too. On Rogers LTE. It would keep redirecting me to random apps in appstore. Tried restarting phone, still happened. Using the new forums app now. Hopefully it's better.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2006
4016 posts
345 upvotes
Markham
jeffyjaixx wrote: Good to know I'm not the only one lol. Just started happenin to me this week too. On Rogers LTE. It would keep redirecting me to random apps in appstore. Tried restarting phone, still happened. Using the new forums app now. Hopefully it's better.
Another reason to use new app
Deal Guru
Oct 3, 2006
10107 posts
571 upvotes
Toronto
I've been using the app for a while now and the issue is still prominent in the app, especially over the last few days.
Jun 3, 2013
195 posts
79 upvotes
Toronto
App is unusable today. Constantly switching to the App Store with a different app each time.

iPhone 7+, Telus LTE
Banned
Mar 24, 2015
121 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto, ON
FIXED! (fingers crossed)

You can thank Evony.com's banner ad for spamming mobile users. We banned them from multiple ad servers. Hopefully this fixes this issue once and for all!

(Let me know if you're still experiencing issues)
Dec 17, 2010
9 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
Can't seem to find any information about the recent problem I'm having with my iphone RFD app. Once I open it, it jumps to the apple store app looking a various game apps for purchase or download.

Any information or upcoming fixes by RFD on this issue????
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2008
2164 posts
251 upvotes
HRM
This has been happening to me for a while now and it's made me use the app less and less. I can confirm that's it's still happening, just had it redirect me to the App Store 10X is the last 5 mins.

iPhone 6s on LTE
Sep 26, 2010
499 posts
43 upvotes
Had this happen today. Opened the app, touched on the "forums" button, and auto redirect to the app store.
Banned
Mar 24, 2015
121 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Wowzers, this is a nasty ad bug. Though it was fixed twice!

Fix in progress......
Jul 21, 2008
248 posts
115 upvotes
GTA
Is RFD making money from bouncing people to these app screens? I'm curious as to why it didn't do this before.
May 14, 2013
260 posts
177 upvotes
Edmonton
I would not be surprised if they are getting some form of monetary kick-back for each redirect. Can't even view forums via the App now... instant redirect to App Store as soon as I click forum button. Oh well, back to viewing RFD the old skool way.
Jan 13, 2014
496 posts
132 upvotes
Calgary
Haven't seen this at all on my iPhone using the main RFD app. Outside of the issue where it would scroll to the bottom ad right away my experience has been Ok.

Odd.