Site Comments & Suggestions

iOS:RFD Forums App Dark Mode request POLL!

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 15th, 2017 5:13 pm

Poll: Who you like a dark mode for the RFD Forum app?

• Total votes: 2. You have voted on this poll.
Yes, gimme a dark mode

100%
No

0%

This poll will close on Jan 13th, 2018 7:53 pm.

[OP]
Feb 11, 2003
560 posts
24 upvotes

iOS:RFD Forums App Dark Mode request POLL!

Hi,

Trying to get used to using the forums app and have a few questions and requests:

1) Can a dark mode be added to save OLED users some battery life and just overall easier reading — see poll and lend your support for this

2) Can there be a little contrast fill added between threads instead of just white? Again, readability might improve

3) Why does the Forums app have native iOS back gesture vs. the original RFD app which has a “non-native” back gesture?

Thanks
Last edited by newkid on Nov 14th, 2017 7:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2 replies
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8480 posts
12855 upvotes
Scarborough
1) I just asked and there's no current plans to add that. If we get enough feedback requesting that feature it may increase the odds of us adding it in.

2) I see a solid grey line between threads and posts. Are you saying it's not dark enough for you to easily distinguish where one ends and the next begins?

3) The original RFD app just uses a web view for forums which means you're not getting a native app experience. It was too much for us to add all the forum features into the main app which is why we focused on building a better independent app for forum use.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
[OP]
Feb 11, 2003
560 posts
24 upvotes
Re: 1) I guess I can start a poll to garner some support!

Re: 2) yeah, there is a separator but I find it’s not enough for the eye to separate threads and could benefit from even a slight fill
TomRFD wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 1:40 pm
1) I just asked and there's no current plans to add that. If we get enough feedback requesting that feature it may increase the odds of us adding it in.

2) I see a solid grey line between threads and posts. Are you saying it's not dark enough for you to easily distinguish where one ends and the next begins?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)