Cell Phones

iOS vs Android the truth about UI (from phandroid)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 26th, 2012 1:31 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2004
5715 posts
696 upvotes

iOS vs Android the truth about UI (from phandroid)

http://phandroid.com/2012/04/22/psa-try ... -you-need/

We all at some point meet someone who’s sitting on the fence while deciding between Android and iOS. And the Phandroids that we all are, there’s only one suggestion they are going to get out of us.
Unfortunately, such is the horrible state of tech reporting, that there is a major perception issue that we have to combat. "The iPhone just works", or "the UI is so much simpler", or the apps are so much more polished".
That’s just a bunch of boohockey, and these people who are about to spend their hard earned money on a new smartphone deserve to know that too. Share this video with them and get them to really understand the advantages of Android. And thumb up this video as much as you can, because this guy deserves props for taking some time out to compile the opinions we’ve all had for years into a good, objective comparison.

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... x4XsBaJBI#!
52 replies
Jun 15, 2011
37820 posts
5441 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Will definitely read this for sure.
The One and Only and Proud to be an Indian.
If I helped in any way, click that cool little "Thanks" button.
156 posts
4 upvotes
He seems to be speaking very unnaturally... it's quite annoying :s And of course the fact that the site is for android fans suggests it may be biased.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2004
5715 posts
696 upvotes
grant_ wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2012 9:30 pm
He seems to be speaking very unnaturally... it's quite annoying :s And of course the fact that the site is for android fans suggests it may be biased.

That's why I put (from phandroid) in the title.
I'm not hiding the fact it's made by an android fan.
Jun 15, 2011
37820 posts
5441 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Interesting videos for sure. I like the Launcher he has on his phone at the beginning of the video, where it has the Nexus S/Gingerbread boot.
Mar 1, 2004
12862 posts
1424 upvotes
Pickering
For the record, I don't give a crap about brands. I have an iphone and I will probably get a new ipad only due to the resolution (I take pics). I had to shut the video off at around the 5 minute mark. When he started talking about In N Out Burger, and all the steps he had to do to find a location, I could have done it with at least three apps that would have automatically used Google maps and given me driving directions using fewer actions.

I will not be using many other products other than my iphone because they are too big. I work in an environment whereby I need a larger than average case and the iphone is pretty big as it is. A bigger screen would be nice, but the other phones are just too big. As far as what the phones can do, who cares. Either it does what you want or not. Too many Android users spend too much time trying to convince users of other products that Android is better. Why is that?

Also buying a product for what it could do and then not doing it is just plain stupid. Buy it because it does what you need, your not keeping it for life. This reminds me of people buying computers because you could overclock them, and then they don't bother.

I use PCs all the way and the only time I bash Apple users is when they bash PCs and then turn their computer on and it fails at what we just talked about. When it comes to total Apple fanboys, I remind them about how Apple said the PowerPC processors were superior and then switched them to Intel. Obviously they lied and Apple lovers ignored that big issue.

Android users, give the phone thing a rest. It's a $600 piece of plastic that will be in a landfill in 3-4 years and whining about Apple or anything else is of no benefit to you. Shut up, use the product and be happy. Making stupid internet videos and going to circle jerk forums and bashing other brands gets you what?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 28, 2003
7451 posts
235 upvotes
AudiDude wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2012 4:00 am
I will not be using many other products other than my iphone because they are too big. I work in an environment whereby I need a larger than average case and the iphone is pretty big as it is. A bigger screen would be nice, but the other phones are just too big.
Ok did you know Android phones come in different sizes? You could've gotten one that has the same screen size as an iPhone. There is no one-size-take-it-or-leave-it policy that most Apple products have.
As far as what the phones can do, who cares. Either it does what you want or not. Too many Android users spend too much time trying to convince users of other products that Android is better. Why is that?
Could say the same about Apple fanboys here and the crap they post.
I use PCs all the way and the only time I bash Apple users is when they bash PCs and then turn their computer on and it fails at what we just talked about. When it comes to total Apple fanboys, I remind them about how Apple said the PowerPC processors were superior and then switched them to Intel. Obviously they lied and Apple lovers ignored that big issue.

Android users, give the phone thing a rest. It's a $600 piece of plastic that will be in a landfill in 3-4 years and whining about Apple or anything else is of no benefit to you. Shut up, use the product and be happy. Making stupid internet videos and going to circle jerk forums and bashing other brands gets you what?
I like how you come in here and try to be the only one instilling everyone with a lesson. Yet, when was the last time you did the same with Apple fanboys here that start up threads praising their beloved products and hell bent on convincing others to follow suit? Practice what you preach.
Thoughts and Prayers to the many thousands of civilians who perished from terrorists acts.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2004
12862 posts
1424 upvotes
Pickering
Beradon wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2012 5:58 am
Ok did you know Android phones come in different sizes? You could've gotten one that has the same screen size as an iPhone. There is no one-size-take-it-or-leave-it policy that most Apple products have.
Ok, did you know what phone was available and in what size from what manufacturer that worked on the network I had chosen that had the best service at the time when I was choosing a phone?? Tought to compare what was there to today and you have made the assumption that I had all the options available at this moment and my carrier had them to give in a bundle which is false. Not all the Android phone work exactly the same and I said I liked to take pictures and the retina display killed all at the time. Also I have products and services that did not have any available Android apps. When it comes to that, there are slim to no pickings to fit the entire bill and the iphone was closest.
Could say the same about Apple fanboys here and the crap they post.
People do, where did I say they don't post crap? If you call an Apple fanboy out, doing the same fanboyism is just as stupid as the video that uses ways that I wouldn't to take the longest way to do a task to establish superiority.
I like how you come in here and try to be the only one instilling everyone with a lesson. Yet, when was the last time you did the same with Apple fanboys here that start up threads praising their beloved products and hell bent on convincing others to follow suit? Practice what you preach.

I hope the search function goes back all the years I have been a member. I have laid waste to Apple fanboys and on top of that I mention the fact that their leader lied to them in regards to who makes the best processor and you gloss over that fact to try to destroy my post. I work in telecommunications/IT not music and artsy crap. What the hell am I going to do with a Mac?

"Practice what I preach"? Here's one for you "Look before you leap". You rolled outta bed and try to label me as a fanboy because you read what I said, the way you wanted to, not the way I wrote it. Guy in the video is a putz and so is anybody who dedicates their life to brands that suck the money from your pocket until you are dead by creating a cult.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2008
4704 posts
161 upvotes
Hey, go easy on Beradon - he's an entertaining troll, not an accurate one.
Jun 15, 2011
37820 posts
5441 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Easy fellows, lets not get out of hand here and start a war again as usual (its quiet common on RFD).
4315 posts
588 upvotes
please don't buy android phones, you would make the price increase keep buying iphones.

thank you
Jun 15, 2011
37820 posts
5441 upvotes
Richmond Hill
shaolinmonk wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2012 9:58 am
android is the best, every other device sucks.. DA TRUTH......

Sarcasm lol?
Jul 16, 2003
9964 posts
363 upvotes
Toronto
djemzine wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2012 10:04 am
Sarcasm lol?

no dude, everyone uses android, their marketshare is huge, their apps are all free, i can customize anything i want.. DA TRUTH.. ios is just for fanboy's that like to show off and pretend to be rich.
Follow me on instagram to see Toronto https://instagram.com/kennyk3n/
Jun 15, 2011
37820 posts
5441 upvotes
Richmond Hill
shaolinmonk wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2012 10:08 am
no dude, everyone uses android, their marketshare is huge, their apps are all free, i can customize anything i want.. DA TRUTH.. ios is just for fanboy's that like to show off and pretend to be rich.

Interesting, coming from an iPhone user. Not here to start a war, but was just curious with your post that's it.