Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

15% off back to school sale (IP Camera)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 29th, 2014 7:41 pm
Tags:
None
7 replies
Dec 23, 2005
519 posts
77 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks for posting this. I'm tempted to bite. The coupon brings the prices a lot closer to amazon.com prices..

Example: FI9821WV2(black) @ 89.99 (amazon). XE.com indicates that after currency conversion it costs $97.80. Shipping cost for me is free (amazon prime), but have to pay ~$3 to have it delivered to blaine.

On the foscam website, price after tax/shipping and coupon is $105.39. For a little under $5 more I'd buy it from foscam directly and have it shipped to my house.. and save that trip to the states for another deal. Didn't count for gas/time.

I'd like to buy four or five of these units.. I may hold out for a sale on amazon or another deal. $500 is a bit much to swallow at one time.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2007
2002 posts
1465 upvotes
I just ordered a clone camera from ebay, seems to be identical to FI9821WV2 specs, for 50 USD all inclusive:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/CCTV-Wireless-Wi ... 566739fade

The only difference is the lens - Foscam has a wider (2.8mm vs 3.6mm), but significantly slower (f2.4 vs f1.4 - 3x less bright) lens. (Of course, one can always buy a faster lens separately - but that is an additional expense). In my application (looking through the windows outside; IR lights off to avoid reflections) fast lens is a must for night time recording. (I am currently using f1.2 with my old VGA camera).

Once I get the camera I'll be able to test if it is as good as Foscam. Based on my other three (VGA) Foscam knockoffs I've been using for more than a year (they work great), I expect this 720p camera to perform well. But we'll see. I'll post a mini review of my camera on this forum.
Dec 23, 2005
519 posts
77 upvotes
Vancouver
pulsar123 wrote: I just ordered a clone camera from ebay, seems to be identical to FI9821WV2 specs, for 50 USD all inclusive:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/CCTV-Wireless-Wi ... 566739fade

The only difference is the lens - Foscam has a wider (2.8mm vs 3.6mm), but significantly slower (f2.4 vs f1.4 - 3x less bright) lens. (Of course, one can always buy a faster lens separately - but that is an additional expense). In my application (looking through the windows outside; IR lights off to avoid reflections) fast lens is a must for night time recording. (I am currently using f1.2 with my old VGA camera).

Once I get the camera I'll be able to test if it is as good as Foscam. Based on my other three (VGA) Foscam knockoffs I've been using for more than a year (they work great), I expect this 720p camera to perform well. But we'll see. I'll post a mini review of my camera on this forum.
Looking forward to your review. Do the three other knockoffs have the same gui as the real foscams? I read somewhere that the clones don't.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3952 posts
2856 upvotes
Toronto
----------
Last edited by drz400 on Jul 25th, 2022 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2007
2002 posts
1465 upvotes
Pilgrim wrote: Looking forward to your review. Do the three other knockoffs have the same gui as the real foscams? I read somewhere that the clones don't.
I don't really use GUI (I record surveillance video with iSpy software), but it looks like they have all one needs - set/go to preset, turn IR on/off etc.
Aug 30, 2012
999 posts
572 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone know the quality of the two-way audio on foscam cameras?

I was going order this one - http://foscamcanada.com/web/index.php?p ... t&Itemid=1. I was going to place it outside by my front door and wanted to use the two way audio to communicate with visitors. Also, are the audio components built in or is something else required?
Nov 23, 2014
107 posts
6 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Any recommendations on which model would work best as a baby monitor?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)