None
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2008
4420 posts
313 upvotes
Toronto

IP man 3 reconfirmed

http://www.wingchunnews.com/2014/01/don ... or-ip.html

Really excited and do hope that they still maintain the same direction that was set through out the first 2 films of the series. Donnie returning to be IP Man brings no greater joy to me in action flicks.
Nothing to see here...keep looking.
66 replies
Mar 17, 2006
738 posts
203 upvotes
Markham
I wonder if they'll develop the Bruce Lee storyline
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2009
2689 posts
112 upvotes
nooo wayyyy!!!!!!! omg going to watch this for sure...loved the first two!!
Deal Addict
May 31, 2009
2249 posts
1274 upvotes
AWESOME!!! I want to see this so badly and i might enjoy seeing it in 3D
[external link removed]
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2008
4420 posts
313 upvotes
Toronto
azndoughboi wrote: I wonder if they'll develop the Bruce Lee storyline
That was the intention judging by the end of the 2nd film. By it doesn't seem to be the same director so the direction of the film could change.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2004
5450 posts
2433 upvotes
Will they copy another Rocky Film?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2009
5392 posts
107 upvotes
*Yawn*

Hongllywood should seriously find another "kungfu legend" to bank on. Even Donnie said so himself: "Whenever something becomes a success, everyone would jump on the bandwagon, this is very frightening. Did you know how many Ip Man films are in production? Under such condition, we would not progress, it'd only lead to over-saturation of the subject matter."
- http://www.wu-jing.org/happenings/archi ... p-Man.html

Just like Wong Fei Hong, Jin Yong-verse, and Three Kingdoms... Time to move on!

So hard to believe 4000 years of history produced so little movie/tv material.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
3872 posts
1874 upvotes
Toronto
So production started in Shanghai yesterday and there is news circulating that Mike Tyson will be playing a role in the Ip Man threequel. He plays a businessman who's also a fighter. There's also a cgi generated Bruce Lee in the mix since the producers have said they couldn't find anyone to play the role.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2008
4420 posts
313 upvotes
Toronto
I don't like the sound of that at all. How could it be that difficult to find someone to fill in the roles of bruce lee learning? Why not just get someone actually related to the guy.
Nov 24, 2013
223 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto
What's I.P Man? Is it about some sort of a cyborg?
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
3872 posts
1874 upvotes
Toronto
Zero1 wrote: I don't like the sound of that at all. How could it be that difficult to find someone to fill in the roles of bruce lee learning? Why not just get someone actually related to the guy.
Yeah...its kinda awkward cuz Ip Man fought that british boxer in the second film already. I hope the third one isn't a remake of another Rocky sequel.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
3872 posts
1874 upvotes
Toronto
Psubs wrote: Tyson is Apollo Creed!!!
Nah man! That's already been taken by Sammo Hung in Ip Man 2 (aka Rocky 4).
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
3055 posts
1665 upvotes
Loved the first one, but the 2nd one wasn't nearly as good. The whole British boxer opponent seemed really dumb. If they are going this route again... blah.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
sylpherware wrote: *Yawn*

Hongllywood should seriously find another "kungfu legend" to bank on. Even Donnie said so himself: "Whenever something becomes a success, everyone would jump on the bandwagon, this is very frightening. Did you know how many Ip Man films are in production? Under such condition, we would not progress, it'd only lead to over-saturation of the subject matter."
- http://www.wu-jing.org/happenings/archi ... p-Man.html

Just like Wong Fei Hong, Jin Yong-verse, and Three Kingdoms... Time to move on!

So hard to believe 4000 years of history produced so little movie/tv material.
Yeah and don't forget the "Monkey King" type movies/shows.

By the way, in other news, IP Man 3 is said to be haveing a CGI Bruce Lee in some of the scenes.
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
jankay wrote: What's I.P Man? Is it about some sort of a cyborg?
Ip Man is a Martial Arts legend from China, and was Bruce Lee's Kung Fu Master who trained him among other things.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
tinlun wrote: So production started in Shanghai yesterday and there is news circulating that Mike Tyson will be playing a role in the Ip Man threequel. He plays a businessman who's also a fighter. There's also a cgi generated Bruce Lee in the mix since the producers have said they couldn't find anyone to play the role.
LOL! I just mentioned that before reading your post. :lol:

Although I forgot to mention that Mike Tyson was involved in the movie now too. :)
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
3872 posts
1874 upvotes
Toronto
Just bought that sixth scale Ip Man figurine and waiting for the sixth scale Mike Tyson figure to come. We should do an rfd Ip Man vs Tyson stop motion fight!
Mar 26, 2015
2 posts
Toronto, ON
Actually at first they tried to find a real man other than a cgi generated figure to play the role of Bruce Lee. They considered Kwok Kuen Chan. But Bruce Lee in IP Man threequel is about 16 years old and Chan is much older than this.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)