Tags:
None
[OP]
Mar 8, 2007
65 posts
4 upvotes
Vancouver

iPad Mini Retina on sale?

I am not an Apple user so I need some help here. Has Apple products ever been on sale like all other electronics? Should I expect the price will be slashed soon just for the X'mas session? The reason is that I am considering buying the Mini Retina and wonder if I should wait for the sale (if it will ever happen).

Also, does the Canadian version allow Traditional Chinese Handwriting input which will be useful for web browsing? Thanks in advance.

Alan
2 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
2043 posts
439 upvotes
Vancouver
I think I read somewhere here that apple store may have a 7% discount on BF, you will need to confirm.

In general, apple products nvr go on major discounts like other electronics, at most 10-15% off i think. Of course the lower the price, the lower the discounts.

As for traditional chinese handwriting, yes it does have that input in ios7, i just tried it on my ipad3, just need to add the chinese handwriting keyboard in settings.
Apr 16, 2004
782 posts
326 upvotes
Toronto, ON
wlachan wrote:
Nov 26th, 2013 1:10 pm
I am not an Apple user so I need some help here. Has Apple products ever been on sale like all other electronics? Should I expect the price will be slashed soon just for the X'mas session? The reason is that I am considering buying the Mini Retina and wonder if I should wait for the sale (if it will ever happen).

Also, does the Canadian version allow Traditional Chinese Handwriting input which will be useful for web browsing? Thanks in advance.

Alan
I haven't seen the mini R on sale yet but the first versions are on sale everywhere.
The iPad Air but ONLY in the 16GB version is also on sale in a few places. Target seems to have the best deal at $499 plus a $100 gift card.

the Ipad Mini Retina is so brand new and supplies appear to be low (factory issues with screen?) I doubt you'll see these on sale for a while. From the looks of things, the iPad Air in 16GB only will be the version that goes on sale.

Target does have a $15 gift card off a $75 purchase. If you can combine that with the 5% Red Card from Target then perhaps it works out to a decent deal for the mini R.