Tags:
None
Jul 7, 2013
45 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto

iPad price - How much of a discount Apple might give on a current price of $549

Hi

iPad price - How much of a discount on Boxing day Apple might give on a current price of $549 ?

How much they gave last time.

Thanks
24 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
3252 posts
3029 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
r20039 wrote: iPad price - How much of a discount on Boxing day Apple might give on a current price of $549 ?
Not much. Maybe 10% at the most.
How much they gave last time.
What did you discover when you searched for this information online?
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.
Jul 7, 2013
45 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
Currently iPad Air 2 is being sold at $549 in Eaton and other outlets in Toronto.
I am curious to know how much of discount they gave last year on Boxing day/Black Friday ?
I am disappointed to know if its indeed 10% only.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
2075 posts
447 upvotes
Vancouver
How much discounts are you looking for?

If Apple does have discounts, they are no more than 10% or 50 dollars.

Your best bet is probably Staples, when they have their 10% off entire purchase sales, then add those coupons you get through their newsletter emails that you sign up with. That's probably the highest discount I can think of.
Jul 7, 2013
45 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
and if you're a student then you get more discount I think..
Banned
Oct 16, 2013
228 posts
98 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Apple is such a popular fad that you won't find any real deals on them. They have plenty of suckers lined up to buy their products. So your choice is:
* Line up with the other suckers.
* Get over Apple and get a "deal" on a less popular product.
* Camp outside some store to get a measly discount on a popular shopping day.

It's probably not worth camping out -- you'd be better off working a couple hours at McDonalds to pay the difference.
Jul 7, 2013
45 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
I'd better buy from staples or Apple's Eaton Store.

thanks all
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2007
1838 posts
82 upvotes
Toronto
its 499 at bestbuy. this is 16gb you guys are referring to? Not 64 gb right?
Jul 7, 2013
45 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
How does Staples lower the price than Apple stores do?
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
22705 posts
3696 upvotes
r20039 wrote: How does Staples lower the price than Apple stores do?
Take a loss.
Deal Guru
May 13, 2004
11471 posts
559 upvotes
Toronto
30 year fads are awesome, aren't they?

You left out point 4: sell your 3 year old Apple product for nearly what you paid for it. Then buy another.
zoo579 wrote: Apple is such a popular fad that you won't find any real deals on them. They have plenty of suckers lined up to buy their products. So your choice is:
* Line up with the other suckers.
* Get over Apple and get a "deal" on a less popular product.
* Camp outside some store to get a measly discount on a popular shopping day.

It's probably not worth camping out -- you'd be better off working a couple hours at McDonalds to pay the difference.
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2011
1617 posts
270 upvotes
Ottawa
libballeng wrote: How much discounts are you looking for?

If Apple does have discounts, they are no more than 10% or 50 dollars.

Your best bet is probably Staples, when they have their 10% off entire purchase sales, then add those coupons you get through their newsletter emails that you sign up with. That's probably the highest discount I can think of.
Those coupons can't be applied to tablets usually...
Deal Fanatic
Jun 17, 2013
5120 posts
1501 upvotes
Montreal
HowEver wrote: 30 year fads are awesome, aren't they?

You left out point 4: sell your 3 year old Apple product for nearly what you paid for it. Then buy another.
You are kidding right? I had a brand new Ipad which I could not sell for even close to retail after 2 to 3 months of trying. Apple products do not hold the same value they use to.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 25, 2005
7180 posts
243 upvotes
neverhaveiever wrote: You are kidding right? I had a brand new Ipad which I could not sell for even close to retail after 2 to 3 months of trying. Apple products do not hold the same value they use to.
Why would they ever at any point? That's crazy to me. There is no shortage of these products.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
4050 posts
1462 upvotes
GTA North
HowEver wrote: 30 year fads are awesome, aren't they?

I'll give you my Ipad2 64 GB to sell if you can even get me remotely close to what I paid for it back then and I'll even give you a 10 % cut of that.

They have resale value but nowhere near what you're suggesting.

Getting back to OP's point though, I really think the best discount was the Target one for the Air1 and $ 120.00 gift card back on Black Friday.

If they did that again I would buy another like I did at the time.
Heatware 3-0
Homer Simpson - Marge, don't discourage the boy! Weaseling out of things is what separates us from animals - except for the weasel.
May 30, 2011
12 posts
1 upvote
I was in the Apple Store last week looking at the iPad Air (Original) and told the sales rep that Staples had them on sale for $399 (16gb), they where listed for $430ish at the Apple store. The sales rep said he would match that price. Walmart seems to have the best prices on Ipad's this year. $368 for an IPad air, $248 for Ipad mini, original 16gb.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39338 posts
6341 upvotes
Winnipeg
i have an ipad2, can you give me a reason to upgrade?
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
4050 posts
1462 upvotes
GTA North
divx wrote: i have an ipad2, can you give me a reason to upgrade?
I have IP2 and the Air now but there's no reason to upgrade if you're happy with it . I only got the Air for a family member as a gift. Yeah it's thinner, faster, blah, blah, who cares.

Some apps won't work or can't be downloaded if you don't / can't upgrade to IOS 8 though.
Heatware 3-0
Homer Simpson - Marge, don't discourage the boy! Weaseling out of things is what separates us from animals - except for the weasel.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)