Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Jun 21, 2003
6323 posts
3867 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON

iPad repair suggestions

A few days ago the LCD on my iPad 2 failed. I was holding it in my hand playing a game and suddenly a 1/4 of the right side of the screen went black and will no longer display anything. It is still responsive to touch but nothing shows up. I have been to Apple and I am out of warranty, I admittedly messed up as I always buy AppleCare on my devices but forgot on this one. It's $249 to replace which seems like a waste of money to me seeing as the device is quite dated by 2 recent updates ay this point. I am not really willing to go down that route at the moment. I found a bunch of listings on Kijiji for repair and so far BuyNCell seems to offer the best price, BUT I have no experience having something like this repaired by a 3rd party. I realize there are some risks involved, but I was hoping that someone here has some positive (or negative) experiences with iPad LCD repairs and can direct on reliable people to go to for this, or ones to avoid.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!!
5 replies
Banned
Jul 6, 2011
1284 posts
37 upvotes
I thought you Apple fan boys/gals were suppose to be able to take it to the store, and get a new one with no questions asked?
Banned
Oct 15, 2005
12954 posts
1617 upvotes
North York
well i aint no apple fanboy or user. everyone on here knows that. but the dude has a brick atm. it's enuff in my books to help him out without dropping a punchline about apple.
and as the guy said. hes off warranty.
toopence wrote: I thought you Apple fan boys/gals were suppose to be able to take it to the store, and get a new one with no questions asked?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 21, 2003
6323 posts
3867 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
infamouskid wrote: http://www.irepex.com/

used them several times. good service.
you can also try to repair yourself. just google ifixit
Thank you for the link. I appreciate it and have contacted them for a quote on my repair. It's nice to get a legitimate response and your recomendation is appreciated.

To the other guy: Get off your high horse. I don't judge you or the products you like to use so lay off.
Banned
Oct 15, 2005
12954 posts
1617 upvotes
North York
yeah most repairs take 30 mins and they have a waiting room you can sit in or you can come back.
if the repair is severe he'll tell you to come back the next afternoon.
ChicoQuente wrote: Thank you for the link. I appreciate it and have contacted them for a quote on my repair. It's nice to get a legitimate response and your recomendation is appreciated.

To the other guy: Get off your high horse. I don't judge you or the products you like to use so lay off.