Tags:
None
[OP]
Jul 12, 2008
115 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto

iPhone 5 or 5s?

I got an hardware upgrade with rogers right now. I have no interest in keeping the iPhone so I'm most likely going to sell it and get something else. Should I get the iPhone 5 16GB or wait for 5s and potentially sell it for more?
33 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 31, 2006
5051 posts
101 upvotes
Toronto
Up to you really... the iphone 5 has been out for a while now so the resale value isn't as high as when it first came out. If you can wait a year then get the 5S or w/e it is that they will come out with. If you have an upgrade now, I would just use it as you will be going a year w/o no upgrade and it won't speed up your next upgrade as you will have wasted a year.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
1462 posts
156 upvotes
iPhones are an inferior product. Go with:

HTC Butterfly
Samsung Galaxy Note II
Stress is caused by NOT fishing enough.

Megabass, Imakatsu, Jackall, OSP RULES!
YGK, Toray, Sunline RULES!
Shimano RULES!
St. Croix & Halo RULES!

JDM ONLY.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2006
1072 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
AV-Fishing wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2013 11:18 pm

HTC Butterfly
Samsung Galaxy Note II
Not inferior, just go with the one that suits you best. Not everyone likes 5 inch phones even though they are great phones.

If you are upgrading to resell then dont grab the iphone 5 now just wait.
[OP]
Jul 12, 2008
115 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
ChrisPhil wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2013 11:38 pm
Not inferior, just go with the one that suits you best. Not everyone likes 5 inch phones even though they are great phones.

If you are upgrading to resell then dont grab the iphone 5 now just wait.
Guess i'll hold off on the upgrade lol
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2009
12473 posts
1739 upvotes
Toronto
shmogt wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 5:16 am
iPhone 5 is good, but 5s is around the corner.
Yeah, if 9 months from now is "around the corner".
AV-Fishing wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2013 11:18 pm

HTC Butterfly
Samsung Galaxy Note II
It's funny you chose the two products that are ridiculously sized, appropriate only for a niche market, and using bloated OS skins.
Nov 29, 2011
725 posts
127 upvotes
Milton
EugW wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 5:36 am
Yeah, if 9 months from now is "around the corner".

It's funny you chose the two products that are ridiculously sized, appropriate only for a niche market, and using bloated OS skins.
At this point I wonder if people suggesting the Note II are just trolling. If not, then I'm sure the irony is lost on them when consistently suggesting the same 2-3 devices (always including the SIII or Note II) in the context of swaying Apple users from being "iSheep."

As for Apple, yeah at this point nothing is more than rumours, but so far it seems iOS 7 might be June, with a new device not until the fall.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2010
2949 posts
134 upvotes
Loving my iPhone 5, the OS is just so smooth and snappy.
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
17605 posts
741 upvotes
Brampton
Rainne wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 3:37 pm
Loving my iPhone 5, the OS is just so smooth and snappy.
Ditto this. Got one for Christmas and its fantastic IMO
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2008
3095 posts
561 upvotes
Get the 5 sell it now while it's hot, the 5s is 9-10 months away, in that time you can probably force Rogers to give you another upgrade or lower your upgrade fees :lol: .

Also a lot can change in 9 months, a killer android phone could come out (galaxy s4?) that could take the market by storm and lower the demand for the next Iphone substantially.
Have questions about Koodo? Send me a pm and I will help out.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2004
4713 posts
252 upvotes
Coquitlam
will not be a 5s. it will be iPhone 6.
HOW CAN I BE GOING BROKE WHEN I'M SAVING SO MUCH MONEY!?
MY EBAY FEEDBACK
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
17605 posts
741 upvotes
Brampton
dragon_drift wrote:
Jan 5th, 2013 4:51 pm
source?
I use that News360 app on my iPad and ALOT of speculation articles regarding both an iPhone Mini and iPhone 6 instead of 5S.. But who knows

PS: just came back from Thunder Bay this summer and loved it.. Persian donuts and Merla Mae's ice cream rule! Also spent an amazing afternoon at Wild Goose Bay swimming in Lake Superior.. can't wait to go back
× < >