Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2005
1637 posts
60 upvotes
Southern ontario

iphone 5 and contacts

I put my contacts in manually a week ago (yes, typing one by one on the iphone). this morning, all my contacts disappeared. my mail also stopped working. (gmail, yahoo) on the phone. cannot receive but i can check online. any ideas?

I have reset my mail and still cannot receive or send. it does recognize that I have new mail coming in. I am not doing the push, doing manual pulls.
4 replies
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
11973 posts
1055 upvotes
Toronto
did you jailbreak your iPhone 5?
Deal Addict
May 17, 2006
4671 posts
597 upvotes
GTA
x95zsk wrote:
Oct 5th, 2012 1:02 pm
I put my contacts in manually a week ago (yes, typing one by one on the iphone). this morning, all my contacts disappeared. my mail also stopped working. (gmail, yahoo) on the phone. cannot receive but i can check online. any ideas?

I have reset my mail and still cannot receive or send. it does recognize that I have new mail coming in. I am not doing the push, doing manual pulls.
if it starts to download and hangs then one of your email accounts has an email that's causing it to hang. I am not sure how contacts would disappear on their own, you sure a friend wasn't fiddling with your phone and screwed it up for you?
trixstar wrote:
Oct 5th, 2012 1:12 pm
did you jailbreak your iPhone 5?
there is no ip5 jb yet.

We Shall Never Forget 7/08 '14
We Shall Never Forget 8/19 '11
Apr 12, 2006
368 posts
15 upvotes
porksoda wrote:
Oct 5th, 2012 1:15 pm
if it starts to download and hangs then one of your email accounts has an email that's causing it to hang. I am not sure how contacts would disappear on their own, you sure a friend wasn't fiddling with your phone and screwed it up for you?

there is no ip5 jb yet.

i normally manage my phonebook (contact) via Google Contacts - basically stores all of your contacts up in the "cloud"
it definitely saves the hassle of entering phone number one by one....
on the iphone, you gotta sign in your google contacts using "Microsoft Exchange"
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2005
1637 posts
60 upvotes
Southern ontario
so talked to apple in the store. the don't know how the contacts disappeared. i told them how i entered the contacts mannualy through the phone.
No one else touched my phone. over the last 24 hours. the contacts disappeared this morning.

My contacts are not tied to any email contacts. they restored the phone to factory settings, so email now works once again.
× < >