Cell Phones

iPhone 5 - Screen Protectors, Back Protectors & Case?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 2nd, 2012 1:38 am
Tags:
None
Jan 25, 2011
140 posts
1 upvote

iPhone 5 - Screen Protectors, Back Protectors & Case?

Can someone recommend a brand for the three listed above? (and where to buy)?
8 replies
Jan 25, 2011
140 posts
1 upvote
Jimboski wrote: ZAGG I guess.. But they're not that good.
That's the only place to get a full body screen/back protector.
I've heard terrible things about Zagg, but never the actual reason. What's so bad about them? Does it ruin the viewing experience on the retina display? Do they peel off easily? If so, I think I will buy this solely just for the back protection.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
50593 posts
6557 upvotes
Toronto
gamecube117 wrote: I've heard terrible things about Zagg, but never the actual reason. What's so bad about them? Does it ruin the viewing experience on the retina display? Do they peel off easily? If so, I think I will buy this solely just for the back protection.
It's the orange peel effect that I find Is the most. Makes the screen all blurry, Doesn't really effect the actual screen but more so how the screen protector Is like.
Feb 10, 2006
75 posts
26 upvotes
I would not recommend the Zagg. Went on with tons of smudging (twice) and air bubbles did not go away. When Ii peeled back to redo, the screen was a mess. I threw it and my $20 away, cleaned the screen and am going naked front.
Jan 30, 2009
702 posts
83 upvotes
Victoria
Used to Zagg-Shield most of my smartphones in the past. Past few devices I've learned it's just not worth it. Always chuckle when I see BestBuy or FutureShop will "set you up" on your iPad for $99 or whatever amount it is; gist of the deal: You get a shield with installation, oh and maybe you get an email or your facebook set up too. lol

iPad 1: Zagg-shield back protection was stained blue from the Apple iPad case.
iPhone 3GS: Great protection, when I peeled it off over a year later the phone was like new again (after buffing out the dusty edges of the shield)
iPhone 4: Realized the screen's weren't scratching as easily before, quickly scrapped the Shield.

On a plus side- they have lifetime-warranty. I had about 5-6 replacement shields mailed to me over time and all I had to pay was the postage.

iPhone 5: $99 AppleCare+ is my screen protector! $50 replacement fee (up to 2 replacements) is enough 'peace-of-mind' for me knowing I can go neked not worrying about the keys in my pocket next to the iPhone.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 22, 2004
6461 posts
213 upvotes
Ghost Armor is appearing in a lot of malls where Zagg once used to be. The problem I found with Zagg in addition to what was already mentioned is that it doesn't last more than a year where it starts to peel on the sides or edges. It also changes to a yellowish color over time.

The good thing about Zagg though is that Zagg often has sales where I havent seen any with Ghost Armor. The locations will also install the front and back including skins for $35.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)