• Dec 25th, 2013 6:34 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Dec 6, 2005
421 posts
82 upvotes

iPhone 5c price drop at Best Buy

A few days ago, for Christmas, I bought my dad an iPhone 5C through Rogers upgrade program and put him on a new 2 year term. I got the phone at Best Buy for 79.99. Now I see on boxing day the price is $0. I know Best Buy doesn't honor price drops for boxing day week sales, but can I take the unopened phone to Best Buy tomorrow, return it, and get the new one at $0? Does anyone know? Thanks.
2 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2007
3036 posts
208 upvotes
Surrey
kayden wrote:
Dec 25th, 2013 6:19 pm
A few days ago, for Christmas, I bought my dad an iPhone 5C through Rogers upgrade program and put him on a new 2 year term. I got the phone at Best Buy for 79.99. Now I see on boxing day the price is $0. I know Best Buy doesn't honor price drops for boxing day week sales, but can I take the unopened phone to Best Buy tomorrow, return it, and get the new one at $0? Does anyone know? Thanks.
What did Rogers say when you asked them? I'm presuming the phone would have been already set up when you collected it, wasn't it? There's also the possibility the upgrade program influences the price.
Alan lost his fight against cancer at just 5 years, 2 months old. I'm riding to Conquer Cancer, in memory of Alan.
Please donate toward my fundraising efforts and support research into childhood cancers.
Simply scan my avatar to go straight to the donation page!
[OP]
Dec 6, 2005
421 posts
82 upvotes
iamnotamerican.com wrote:
Dec 25th, 2013 6:27 pm
What did Rogers say when you asked them? I'm presuming the phone would have been already set up when you collected it, wasn't it? There's also the possibility the upgrade program influences the price.
The phone hasn't been set up yet (SIM not active, phone not open) as it is a surprise for this evening, but I am sure my dad will be ok with waiting if we can get a lower price tomorrow.